April 29, 2012 ~ Aloha! ~ Wonder to Hawaii- who is with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! I guess I'm going to have to check this thread twice a day if I want to keep up with it!!

Birkner: Glad you know all about the islands. I'm sure I will have questions for you. It's been 26 years since we've been there! We definitely want to do the Arizona memorial! We went on our last day there, and it was closed!!:mad:

Judy

Whoa doggy.... I've been trying to catch up for like a day or two now... catch up some and never get to the end before I have to quit- then come back and find even more pages! Finally -winally caught up... for the moment! LOL

Our 20th is in January too! (I think it was Krisann that is thinking about the vow renewal?) and we also met in April as well. Small world!
Backwards for us- met in a Jan, married in April (not the same year! :lmao: )

Hi Bip ! Another TOAL, never thought I would be on another 15 day ! Have you ever been to Hawaii before ?
Hi!
I surely have not! I am excited!!! :cool1::woohoo:

The easiest way is to create a new worksheet in the same location of the Roll Call sheet so everyone can put in their own information. You can then copy and paste that into excel as you want (daily, weekly, etc.) This allows everyone to put their own information in exactly as you want it, and saves you a lot of time!

If you want me to create it, tell me what information you want to capture and I will create it!

Krisann
I forgot why I quoted this- so maybe it was just to say you're awesome and thanks for making the spreadsheets? ;):worship:

I can give you my personal experience. I am gold and went on the 15 PC cruise in 08. I think that cruise sold out in 6 hours ! Lot's of repeat cruisers on board.:) I had no problems booking or didn't hear anyone having problems. Alot of people booked there own tours not using DCL. We did groups of like 15 or more for Colombia and alot of people did ziplining in PV.

With so many sea days I think there is enough for everyone to do Palo. That's whats nice about doing the longer cruises.
yeah but the thing is back then it was merely those who "knew and generally booked early"- there wasn't gold/platinum booking a day or week or whatever before everyone else. So in this case there will be a lot more gold/platinum members- maybe?? I mean they got first crack at it... and they'll also get to book earlier. There wasn't that aspect of it in 2008 either- was there? I can't remember about booking excursions- we were in suite so maybe it was gold/platinum earlier booking then and I didn't know or care because we had cat3 and could book early. ?? But now they not only booked earlier- but they'll get first crack at excursions also. Ya'll better leave something for me!
Oh wait- we'll be gold in a couple of weeks Nevermind... LOL

Now just have to catch up on 27 pages of msgs. Unless someone has the Cliff Notes: :)

This will be my 8th DCL cruise, my 2nd solo one (probably, though this might change), and in all my cruises I had a blast getting to know my fellow DISers beforehand and plan fun stuff for the cruise.

Any knitters / crochet people on board? I never seem to have enough time for it, but I plan to once again try to get some knitting time in at the Cove Cafe... Would love company!

TTFN!
I do knit. I keep thinking I should bring it- and then can't imagine packing it. But you know- this time I just might... give me something to do on the flights too and I generally can't seem to get into my books on the cruise... I don't like start stop start stop start stop kind of reading- my books are the type I like to get into and really read for awhile- yanno? Knitting is something you can do while visiting with others... not your nose into it. I'll have to try to remember to bring some knitting! Good idea!
Hi Everyone,

So excited that we were able to book two rooms (9 and 11) on this amazing cruise! It's nice to see so many familiar faces (or at least DIS names . . . LOL). I almost fell over when you already had 30 pages on the board from just two days ago! Shouldn't be surprised though.

Oh, and let me introduce us. My name is Theresa and I'll be sailing with Ken (DH), and our two boys, Kaleb (17) and Peter (15) (ages as of cruise). We'll be celebrating Kaleb's graduation for high school (a little early, but he was cool with that). He'll have to take a few class finals early, but thought it was worth it! Only thing that might hold us back is DH's work schedule, but we won't know until January. This is our 6th Disney Cruise.

Added our name to the roll call and champagne ladies, but wasn't sure if that was the same as the wine tasting from the WPTA 2010.

This is going to be an amazing cruise . . .Looking forward to meeting more DIS friends this time around.

Theresa 8-)
Hey you!! :thumbsup2

Checked online for the various ports - seems we've got the ports with docks for each of the islands. Yeah - more time to see/do things.

They are working on the port building in Oahu for Pier 2, scheduled to be open this fall.

________

Mother's Day (US) 2012 is May 13 - we'll be in Ensenada
Well that is good news!!!!

I could talk to my contact at DCL Special Events and see what she thinks. We could also just take over the lobby like we did for the champagne girls pictures. Depended on how many would be interested, it might not be to expensive to have it Disney given. I could ask about that too. Just wanted to see if there would be any interest before I even thought more about it. Maybe a late afternoon on formal night when we are going to get dressed up anyway? If there is interest we can think about it some more.

I'll volunteer to manage a book exchange if you all would like. It seemed to be very popular on the PC. Our room is sort of mid-ship on 6 so it might be a good place to put up a large canvas book bag people can drop off and sort through. I had about 50 books on the last day to give to guest services for the crew.
Vow renewal- we might be interested- and we might need it. :lmao:
Book exchange- I'll put on OP to contact you about book exchange,if you want?

WOW! There is no way I can keep up with you lot! I was part of the regular chatty bunch on the 2010 WBTA and it took up a few hours a day, which I just don't have anymore. I will check in as regularly as I can, Sounds like it's going to be a great cruise!

Doesn't look like there's many kids, I have kids. I have 2 girls aged 8 and 10 currently, and I am 22 weeks pregnant now, so with have an 8 month old boy aswell. It was nice on the WBTA as there weren't many kids, the pools were never crowded or rowdy, and my kids spent most of their time in kids club. Fingers crossed they will again.......How many hours can I book my baby in per day? Just asking :rolleyes1

As for the FE, the smaller groups of 25ish worked fantastic, my vote would be for that. Also we were able to lock of some groups quite early so us die hard planners could start organising straight away. I did lot's of sewing for my last FE's so it took some time! :thumbsup2

I recognise so many names from the WBTA, Hello to you all :goodvibes and welcome to any newbies :)
Will check back in soon :dance3:
Rita is 10, currently. :)
We'll be able to say about how many from the inital signups for FE's... groups may not be set in stone WHO they are but a good general idea of how many in each group- I'm assuming enough will sign up that splitting into groups will be necessary since the general consensus is splitting into groups instead of one large group. But anyway- you should have a pretty good idea of how many with plenty of time to organize. :)

Welcome to all those joining in! We are excited to get to know you over the next year. :dance3:
Cosign this- welcome to all those that have joined us since I last posted! :)

I don't know if I'm just paranoid because I travel alone with my kids or what, but I have to admit that I'm a bit nervous putting names and stateroom on the public spreadsheet. Not that it matters right now, since we're still GTY, but I do want to participate, I'm just worried about this being exposed to anyone that wants to look. Any advice, opinions, admonitions, and reassurance is appreciated.
Oh believe me I understand your worries/fears.
I just keep telling myself that last names are not posted, most anyone that would come across the spreadsheet (I think?) would be on the cruise and not likely to book this expensive cruise just to find kids to do something horrible to, etc. It took me awhile to even be comfortable with putting the kids first names on the FE and on magnets on the door on the ship. LOL I'm feeling ya... but if it's just anyone who wants to look that isn't going on the cruise (or even those that are on the cruise) it's just stateroom numbers with first names- they'd have to be on the cruise already to do anything and it's not a cheap cruise- much cheaper ones the pedo's could sign up for...if that's any consolation (hey I tell myself whatever helps me not worry LOL)

I would love to go to a luau, i will sign that petition to extend one days port hours:goodvibes

does anybody know are the wave phones on the wonder now? that would be nice.

i have a ressie with dreams for a dummy date, but the ta couldnt get me a better rate when booking opened than i could for a new ressie that morning. However, i know that when rooms open up tonight i could get a better room with 10% off than the rate i have, it's frustrating, but i suppose their is nothing i can do because when rooms open up dcl phones arent open at 12 midnight even if i did have control of the ressie right and i cant transfer it online am i correct? thanks for any suggestions.
wave phones are on the wonder- that was posted awhile back so I know that for fact. :)
IDK what's up with the ressie with dreams a worse rate than you could get yourself? I'm confused on that.... did they book you a new booking and you're talking about transferring an onboard booking with discount?

I just let our reservation go. With our son graduating next year, and other trips planned, it just wasn't in the cards this time. :sad1:
aw sorry

I don't like the nuts unless they are covered in chocolate. :lmao:
ditto.... gotta have the chocolate. :lmao:

Don't laugh.......Big Island is Honolulu right ? is there enough time to see Pearl Harbor and Arizona and Volcano ? Nope I won't be driving. Other people wouldn't want me to drive either. Way to nervous.
I promise not to laugh. No Big Island is the Island of Hawaii. Oahu is where Honolulu is located. Volcano is on the island of Hawaii. See map below.

map_location_hawaii.gif

If Maui is an all day trip is it worth it ?

Yes, the Hana Road it is a really wonderful trip. Check the link I sent you in a previous post. You can do other things on Maui that take less time but I highly recommend this trip.

Will check out the tour info. you provided. I have never zipped before and am looking for something " mild ". Something I always wanted to at least try but chicken out.
I thought I would be scared but it was exhilarating. I hate fast rides myself.

Thanks for all the info.....sure will have alot of questions over the next year. All the times I have seen you posting on the boards our paths have never crossed. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.:goodvibes Besides my wedding .........this might just be the best cruise yet ! Repo is a close 2nd.

Please feel free to ask away!

Wow! I guess I'm going to have to check this thread twice a day if I want to keep up with it!!

Birkner: Glad you know all about the islands. I'm sure I will have questions for you. It's been 26 years since we've been there! We definitely want to do the Arizona memorial! We went on our last day there, and it was closed!!:mad:

Judy

I would have been very disappointed not to see the Arizona as you surely must have been. Any and all questions, please ask away. DD is working at Cheesecake Factory in Honolulu for the present.

We stayed at the Doubletree in 08. They provided a shuttle to the port. You could see the ship from the hotel. It was nice and we got a group rate. I can't remember exactly how much but I think around $160 and we stayed only the one night...

We have used the Doubletree too, but for a park & fly. :thumbsup2

Two weeks of parking, breakfast, & one night stay for $199. It's too early to book it now, but planning to do that again.

The Crown Plaza is supposed to do a park & fly too, for anyone who may be interested, but I haven't gotten a quote on that one. They do have a free shuttle to the port too -- both are right there in San Pedro.

Ah, well done on keeping out of those big maternity knickers so far!!! Have you had a good pregnancy? You will all be looking forward to having a boy this time, and I bet the girls are so excited at the thought of a baby to look after!!:)

Thanks for asking about my health. Not been too good recently, hence deciding to try and do this cruise. Who knows how long we can do such things? I say go whilst we can.:dance3:

Oh so many familiar faces it will be great. Also some great new people to get to know in the year+ we have to go!!

I think those big maternity knickers are calling me, I can hear them in the not too distant future, and I'm fighting them the whole way! :lmao:
The girls are extremely excited, Lucy can't wait to play Mummy and change nappies....Great! :) Bella is just happy she doesn't have to share her girl toys with a boy :rolleyes:
Sorry to hear about your health. I agree do it while you can and make the most of it. :thumbsup2

Finger crossed please for me that I will find a roomie for this cruise (thanks to Monica) and you will see me aboard!!

Glad to see you may be joining us Noel :goodvibes

I think DCL will do a luau or have excursions that include the show itself if not some of the food.

I agree, Surely Disney will organise an excursion with a Luau, It is Hawaii for goodness sake, Of course we want to go to a Luau! Well most of us Alan. ;)

Rita is 10, currently. :)
We'll be able to say about how many from the inital signups for FE's... groups may not be set in stone WHO they are but a good general idea of how many in each group- I'm assuming enough will sign up that splitting into groups will be necessary since the general consensus is splitting into groups instead of one large group. But anyway- you should have a pretty good idea of how many with plenty of time to organize. :)

Yay, more kids my girls ages, they will be happy. :)
FE plan sounds great, Thanks for organising, It's people like you who make cruising so much more special. :flower3:

I think I will have to bring just Muumuus to wear on this trip!!

Sounds like a plan, Muumuus, sarongs and after 15 days onboard, maybe a tent! :rotfl:

I know it probably is a bit early but if anyone is trying to organize some private van tours in the islands, my husband and I would be interested in joining you. He has a little trouble walking long distances and we figure this would be a lot less unnecessary walking for him because the vans could get closer to the sights than the big tour buses and they usually personalize the tours for you. PM me if you have any info- thanks

I know it probably is a bit early but if anyone is trying to organize some private van tours in the islands, my husband and I would be interested in joining you. He has a little trouble walking long distances and we figure this would be a lot less unnecessary walking for him because the vans could get closer to the sights than the big tour buses and they usually personalize the tours for you. PM me if you have any info- thanks

As many here will attest, I love to organize tours. If I am successful in getting a SR, I will be happy to organize some private tours!!
fingerscrossed.gif

:thumbsup2We have a stateroom! :banana:
pixiedust: 2515 :wizard:
:yay: We never went from gty to a stateroom number this fast. :cool1:
:rolleyes1 Tom likes fifth floor best, half way between everything, :upsidedow but we had 1st floor one cruise and it was fine, :idea:
::yes:: so I am sure he will be fine with this too. ::yes::
:cheer2:We are on a Disney ship, going to Hawaii, :lovestruc:love:what's not to like?:rotfl2:

Oh my that is the room I was booked in. but Dh wanted to be aft and closer to the food so we moved to deck 7.

Finger crossed please for me that I will find a roomie for this cruise (thanks to Monica) and you will see me aboard!!
Yeah, another familiar face. My fingers are crossed for you.

In the olden days when I used to fly first class to Hawaii, the used to give you all the Macadamia nuts you could eat while you sipped you drinks with the Menehune straws.

Neol - Do you remember in the 70's Western Airline would serve free champagne (can you say Cooks) to coach out of a volcano that had dry ice smoking out of it? So tacky, so fun. Maybe your to young to remember that.

val

Aaaaaw, thank you, you are so very sweet!!!:hug:

No, YOU are, that's why you're my fave! :goodvibes

That is so nice!!! Yes indeed I will bring tea bags for sure!!!

By the way, John is warming to the idea!!!:yay:

YAY John! Tell John he'll miss out on so much fun if he doesn't cruise with all of us! :thumbsup2

I am so glad that I have found this thread!

After reading a thread earlier today about newbies vs gold/platinum's, I was getting a little nervous, especially considering the amount of previous cruiser's that will be onboard!

But you all seem so nice and inviting!!!

I will be with my son (4) and we are hoping to stay near the port the night before we leave...would love to do DL, but I'm not sure if time and money will allow it! If anyone is doing a block of rooms the night before, keep me posted!

Hoping to join the CG also! Love my Moet!!!!

Neol - Do you remember in the 70's Western Airline would serve free champagne (can you say Cooks) to coach out of a volcano that had dry ice smoking out of it? So tacky, so fun. Maybe your to young to remember that.

val

I am not to young to remember that!! I also remember the 6+ hour flights having the flight attendants carving in the aisles. Ahhh, those were the days..

I just booked for DH and me today. I called my TA and was told they only had some Deck 2 rooms left. I was wanting 9A or above. I asked to just be wait listed and within 15 minutes I got a call back. He was able to set me up with either a 9A or 7A (navigator's veranda). We chose the veranda since the price was within $500 of each other.

Long story short, we're in 5136! I see lots of familiar names and faces from our 2010 EBTA cruise.

I got tired of reading to try to catch up so I'm just going forward from here on this thread.

Lori

Wow... I hope I'm able to keep up with this thread... already so much planning in the works! :thumbsup2

Vow renewal would be kewl.... 36 magical years for us by then...

Private van tours also of interst... have done that a few times with DIS'ers and we had a ball

Luau... maybe DCL will have one for us onboard on one of the sea days right before we hit the islands... THAT would be great!

Welcome to everyone who has joined us since I posted last... I'll be MIA for a while since I'm in the last 12 days before we leave for DL/Repo/Alaska Cruise! I am in packing crisis mode!! :scared1:

Perhaps someone could start a mega link post... where all these neat links to info and places could be put. I am technologically impaired or I would do it... ha ha... BOB WHERE ARE YOU??? :surfweb:

Also interested in a group rate somewhere at the Port... no points left for VGC this time.. used them up for AK and now Hawaii cruise. :rolleyes1

Hi Neighbor ! How long have you been in Myrtle Beach ? We have lived:woohoo: here for 3 years. Wow.......what a GREAT first DCL for you. You will be hooked.

I was surprised to see another person from our town! That's pretty cool. :)
I have lived here forever (39 years). My husband moved here from Charleston right out of high school. What area are you in? We live in Socastee.

closed on Sundays...:sad2:

LOL thats typical but that means we can visit next trip to Hawaii - its much closer to us than LA so its a great all round holiday destination.

I still have my dry erase board from wbpc on fridge :)

We have fridge covered in magnets from previous trips, and I have grabbing a bookmark or pen that has been a fish gift.

Single Ladies - there is a nice woman on the WBTA looking for someone who needs a room mate on this cruise. If you are and do, pm birkner.

Fingers crossed Noel finds a roomie! We need her shore excursion planning skills ;)

Am I the only one who is already planning on there FE ?

What's taken you so long? :rotfl2:

I was just telling my friend yesterday about the " experience " of the transportation thingy from 08. Some good lessons learned that day.:rolleyes1

I'm not sure what was more entertaining - the driver's shock at how much luggage we had despite them being told we had heaps of luggage or the getting completely lost going to the port... :rotfl2:

:cheer2:We are on a Disney ship, going to Hawaii, :lovestruc:love:what's not to like?:rotfl2:[/COLOR][/CENTER]

YAY!!!! :banana:

It really is to bad we won't be there when the palace is open but it gives you another reason to go back. If you want another 'inside' excursion the Bishop museum is wonderful. http://www.bishopmuseum.org/

Aha yes we have been there too - we have toured Oahu fairly extensively on a couple of trips and also done a 10 day NCL cruise around the islands. We love Hawaii! Its Robert's first trip but Mum and I have been a few times.

YAY!!!!! :woohoo::banana::dance3: We are so happy to hear this!!

Rest assured, if she does feel sea sick, there will be no shortage of Mickey Bar wrappers to take back to her :rotfl:

What is an ABC store?
Where is the ABC store?
I think you have just answered my perenial dilemma of what do I bring back a souvenirs!!

We were told ABC standards for All Blocks Covered - others have answered already but they are a bit like 711 except with a lot of touristy type things too.

It's the volcano that is erupting and is a beautiful site at night being able to see the lave flowing down and into the sea.

We saw this on our NCL cruise and it was incredible - it was one of the highlights. The ship did a 360 turn so everyone on deck could see clearly - photos didn't turn out very well but it was amazing!

We stayed at the Doubletree in 08. They provided a shuttle to the port. You could see the ship from the hotel. It was nice and we got a group rate. I can't remember exactly how much but I think around $160 and we stayed only the one night.

Wow on volcano !! Do you know which Island we would be leaving to see at night ?

I think we may stay at the Double Tree so if anyone is getting a group rate...

The volcano is on the Big Island of Hawaii - its main attraction is the Volcanoes National Park so it will be well advertised.

Typically called the "big island" instead of Hawaii to stop people confusing the state name with the island name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter