• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April 29, 2012 ~ Aloha! ~ Wonder to Hawaii- who is with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Tina. :banana:I am so glad you will be on this cruise. :dance3:I haven't seen you since my wedding on the Wonder. :hug: Yes, the planning is the fun part.

Bev

Is anyone else planning on going to LA a few days before the cruise? We're thinking about 2 days before and I want to go to DisneyLand. I was never there. There's no way to go to LA before a Disney Cruise and not go to DL. Any suggestions from anyone about where to stay? :confused3I didn't buy transfers so I don't know if there are any hotels in LA that offer transportation to the port. Maybe if others are also going to DL we can have a "Minnie" lol meet there. :rotfl2:

I can't wait for this cruise. Hawaii, here we come.

Bev :)

Im glad to do it, Ive been reading all the posts and theres alot of great ideas!

I think a vote is good and I was defintly planning on the groups. I was hoping like the WBPC that we could cover all the days or majoriy of them.
I definitly think there should be a cut off date as I know like me some people dont want to be running at the last minute but I usually make a few extras anyway in case anyone adds as I dont want anyone being left out especially kids .
I work nights so im on at weird hours but try to hop on whenever I can :goodvibes

If we do groups and close the primary groups on a set day, even very late comers could be offered there own group with no effect on the others. I understand (been there, done that) the frustration when you think you are finished with your FEs and others are added. However, I find it so sad when people are told "event is CLOSED - you can't play". Having a late group allows everyone in without affecting everyone else. Just my one opinion.

Im not sure but thought I saw that someone else was celebrating 20 years and thinking about a vow renewal.
Our 20th is in jan but since were sailing we had though about this because we actually met in april but wondering where and how to go about this?
Having friends and family would make extra special too :)
any ideas?

This IS a half baked idea but thought I'd risk posting it. I understand people wanting their own vow renewal and think they should do it - but I wonder if there has ever been a multiple vow renewal - like many of us at one event? I know there have been times, especially on longer cruises, we could use an reminder of why we are together. It could be a great picture op too. Maybe a really dumb idea?
Just wanted chime in. To my fellow PC cruisers this year who wanted pins you will aprecate this, and to all I encourage you to do the same. I sent a email to DCL asking if they do pins made just for this cruise to use the RSP process so we don't have to spend hours infront of the store waiting.
Great idea. Do you recommend a petition? Maybe we can come up with one e-mail letter that we could each download and send on our own. Would people be interested in sending one if you didn't have to actually write it but just sign and send?
This idea had crossed my mind too.

We could go Lilo and Stitch themed for group names -
Lilo
Stitch
Nani
Jumba
Pleakley
Gantu
Cobra Bubbles etc

We could go for Hawaiian Islands -
Hawaii
Oahu
Kauai
Maui
Molokai
Lanai
Niihau
Kahoolawe

I'm sure there are lots of other great ideas too :)
Great idea
just had a thought about the amount of platinum and gold cc members on this cruise....help me out please

when the newbies or silvers get to book their excursions is it slim pickings??? If some are really popular will disney expand bookings? I know a lot of you guys have sailed together before and on these long cruises so any info would help me out! Thanks

also.....is their a palo brunch on all of the sea days? I really want to eat palo dinner a few times, and have never tried brunch cant wait to get the chance...

thanks to the previous poster for the atv pics! wow that looks great, too bad it's on oahu, we have a lot to fit in that day, we will for sure be going to pearl harbor, and want to go check out aulani....but if aulani is not possible, this looks like a close second.

aan1701- thanks for inquiring about pins, we collect as well...
Favorite excursions do often sell out early but keep checking back for cancellations.
Palo's brunch and tea go fast but there are often cancellations. We could also reserve the back room for a group activity if enough want to. On the WBTA you could walk in for dinner. We had a Palo dinner reservation on the second or third sea day at 8:30, and there were only 6 of us in the entire restuarant the whole time. We had way to much attention.

The easiest way is to create a new worksheet in the same location of the Roll Call sheet so everyone can put in their own information. You can then copy and paste that into excel as you want (daily, weekly, etc.) This allows everyone to put their own information in exactly as you want it, and saves you a lot of time!

If you want me to create it, tell me what information you want to capture and I will create it!

Krisann
Thanks Krisann. I notice this thread is not yet on the first page of the 2012 Wonder meets. Has someone sent a PM to the Disboards? Having the rollcall and supporting info on the first posting has always been a real help for me.

So we just confirmed this with our TA. We had actually gotten a hold on a 10C on friday ourselves, but decided to get the 9B that our TA had found instead.

We are all really looking forward to this!

[

This IS a half baked idea but thought I'd risk posting it. I understand people wanting their own vow renewal and think they should do it - but I wonder if there has ever been a multiple vow renewal - like many of us at one event? I know there have been times, especially on longer cruises, we could use an reminder of why we are together. It could be a great picture op too. Maybe a really dumb idea?

Actually I think would be really neat idea! My question is would you do that on ship or on a hawaiin island. We have so many days at sea that it would be great to do on ship. I know alot of our happiest family moments have been on a disney cruise and thats why we keep going. Im surely not opposed to it and what would be neat is to have a group luncheon at Palo after. We wouldnt have to pay for caterers LOL

Lilo
Stitch
Nani
Jumba
Pleakley
Gantu
Cobra Bubbles etc

Hawaii
Oahu
Kauai
Maui
Molokai
Lanai
Niihau
Kahoolawe

Love this idea since im a "stitch " fan!

Is anyone else planning on going to LA a few days before the cruise? We're thinking about 2 days before and I want to go to DisneyLand. I was never there. There's no way to go to LA before a Disney Cruise and not go to DL. Any suggestions from anyone about where to stay? :confused3I didn't buy transfers so I don't know if there are any hotels in LA that offer transportation to the port. Maybe if others are also going to DL we can have a "Minnie" lol meet there. :rotfl2:

I can't wait for this cruise. Hawaii, here we come.

Bev :)

Hi Bev -

We are planning a couple of day at Disneyland prior to the cruise. We are DVC members and are planning on staying at the Grand Californian. It is a beautiful hotel and you can walk to the park. I am not sure about transportation to the port but I am hoping others are also planning this and we can get a group rate or something.

Dale

YEAH!!!!!:banana::banana::banana::banana: I'm so glad you guys will be onboard, Deb!!! Jason and I have missed you guys and we can't wait to see you in just a couple weeks.....and then to know we'll see you again on the Hawaii trip!! It's now gotten to the point that if my boss gives me a hard time about this HI trip I might just have to quite my job----because I'm so excited and there are SO MANY old cruise friends going....including our entire original table of 6 from our recent Med/B2B (and anyone who read our blog from that trip knows how much we loved them)!!!

Hi Erik and Jason,
Can't wait to see both of you again. We had so much fun on the WBTA cruise.

Bev and Lindsay

Hi Bev -

We are planning a couple of day at Disneyland prior to the cruise. We are DVC members and are planning on staying at the Grand Californian. It is a beautiful hotel and you can walk to the park. I am not sure about transportation to the port but I am hoping others are also planning this and we can get a group rate or something.

Dale

Thanks Dale. I didn't even think of that. I'm also a DVC member. Wow, what a great idea.

Bev

I have only cruised out of Port Canaveral. We usually rent a car and stay at the port, then return the car in the morning and have them drop us off at the port. I have no clue what to do for this cruise. We will fly in the day before. Can anyone suggest if we should stay at airport or port? Rent a car, take a taxi? Any and all suggestions would be appreciated. I'm an obsessive planner that plans things very far in advance. I'm sure there has to be a few of you like me.:)

Judy

Hi Bev -

Dale

This is exactly what we will be doing as DVC members too. I bet there will be enough of us to plan something!

So we just confirmed this with our TA. We had actually gotten a hold on a 10C on friday ourselves, but decided to get the 9B that our TA had found instead.

We are all really looking forward to this!

Welcome to you!:cool1:

.:littleangel:

I have only cruised out of Port Canaveral. We usually rent a car and stay at the port, then return the car in the morning and have them drop us off at the port. I have no clue what to do for this cruise. We will fly in the day before. Can anyone suggest if we should stay at airport or port? Rent a car, take a taxi? Any and all suggestions would be appreciated. I'm an obsessive planner that plans things very far in advance. I'm sure there has to be a few of you like me.:)

Judy

We have been looking at the Hyatt in Long Beach as it's not too far from the airport and near to the port too I believe.......plus dh has Hyatt points...... :rolleyes1

They have a shuttle from the airport and will check about the port, but otherwise will take a cab :)

Judy

If we are not staying at DL for a few days, we will get hotel at port and take SuperShuttle from airport to hotel at port.

We have been looking at the Hyatt in Long Beach as it's not too far from the airport and near to the port too I believe.......plus dh has Hyatt points...... :rolleyes1

They have a shuttle from the airport and will check about the port, but otherwise will take a cab :)

Hyatt at Long Beach is nice and close to several restaurants, stayed there last September whilst on a business trip.

For cruises we stay at what was once a Holiday Inn but is now a Clarion, loved the rooms as they had 13' ceilings antique furniture, etc etc , will be there is a couple of weeks so who knows it might have changed. We will see.

Thanks everyone for the info. That's exactly what I needed to know. I will look into the Hyatt as one of our choices. I'm glad to hear there is a shuttle from the airport and restaurants nearby. The easier, the better.

Judy

We would be difinately interested in a vow renewel in Hawaii. - 45 years. - It is very expensive to do it on the ship. A group one sounds like fun.

Love to do the FE. I admit it was a little hectic doing a 100 but it was fun. Would agree with any decisions made.

Scavenger hunt is a lot of fun. We did it on the PC. I would recommend doing it in groups of 4- it is a lot for two people to do in one day.

We would like to stay in LA a couple of days before and maybe one or two after. I was hoping Disney would offer some type of package that would include the hotel- probably- Paradise pier and then transfers to the ship. They did it for the 08 pc and provided transfers for the 2010 PC .

Lynne- love the pics

Thanks everyone for the info. That's exactly what I needed to know. I will look into the Hyatt as one of our choices. I'm glad to hear there is a shuttle from the airport and restaurants nearby. The easier, the better.

Judy
The Long Beach Aquarium is also a short walk, and I know my son will insist we make it to Bubba Gumps! ;)

Any knitters / crochet people on board? I never seem to have enough time for it, but I plan to once again try to get some knitting time in at the Cove Cafe... Would love company!

TTFN!
I'm an terrible novice, but I have this throw I've been knitting for my daughter for YEARS! At this rate, I'll never finish it. I bring it on every vacation thinking I'll have a few minutes to sit and work on it and then do nothing with it every vacation. :sad2: Maybe if I'm sitting with someone, I'll actually do some work on it, so count me in.

I hope no one minds, but this has cruise has me so excited I've looked back at all our photo's from 2007 and would like to share!

Hilo
DSC02121.jpg

Hilo black sand beach
DSC02125.jpg

Hilo Lava Tube
DSC02114.jpg

Honolulu
DSC02200.jpg

Honolulu Royal Palace
DSC02213.jpg

DSC02220.jpg

Maui IO Needle
DSC02321.jpg

This is the look you get after hiking up to see the IO Needle
DSC02326.jpg

This is the look you get after telling them you're only half way! LOL!
DSC02327.jpg

Our Last Night
DSC02399.jpg

DSC02406.jpg

Smooching Poliahu - mamma to the first known wholphin
scan0016.jpg

Lilo
Stitch
Nani
Jumba
Pleakley
Gantu
Cobra Bubbles etc

Hawaii
Oahu
Kauai
Maui
Molokai
Lanai
Niihau
Kahoolawe

Love it!! We could also do fruits...pineapple, cocnut, etc. I want to be a lychee nut... :crazy: lol

Thanks Dale. I didn't even think of that. I'm also a DVC member. Wow, what a great idea.

Bev

Hi Bev (from another Bev :])... we have stayed in the villas at the GC many times & they are wonderful!!!!!!!!!! :cloud9: The super shuttle also serves the port & Disney offers transfers too.

Judy

In San Pedro, the Doubletree & Crown Plaza have shuttles to the port too. :]

:goodvibes

Valbob,
As much as a petion sounds like a great idea, after the really poor way Disney handled the pins on the PC cruise I want to see there inbox flooded with multiple emails. Becides if they keep getting them it may open some eyes. Who knows.

As for transfers, you can add DCL transfers almost right until sail date, and then on the ship back to the airport if needed. For my fellow DVC members, remember that the Grand Califorinan is now sold out of points. Late April is very popular here especially on the weekend. I wish you good luck at 7 months if you do not own there. There are only like a total of 50 units there. I think it goes up a bit when two bedroom lock offs get booked as a studio and as a one bedroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter