• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April 29, 2012 ~ Aloha! ~ Wonder to Hawaii- who is with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Noticed the port times have changed...thought that 7:30A - NOON for Kauai was an error!

6Hilo, Hawaii12:00 p.m.7:30 p.m.
7Kahului, Maui7:30 a.m.7:30 p.m.
8Honolulu, Oahu7:30 a.m.7:30 p.m.
9Nawiliwili, Kauai7:30 a.m.5:30 p.m.

Jackie that is excellent news for Tony on Kauai----now he will have enough time get to Costco and back:scared1: He has not been to that one as it was built after we visited. I will need something else to do that day:rotfl2:

Jackie that is excellent news for Tony on Kauai----now he will have enough time get to Costco and back:scared1: He has not been to that one as it was built after we visited. I will need something else to do that day:rotfl2:

Goodie...he can bring is liquor for the ride home! :lmao:

Hi Sandy,. Thrilled to see you and Tony will be on cruise. Are Shirley and Doug thinking of coming too?

Is Tony planning a pilgrimage to the Costco on each island? Do you have photos from each Costco he has been to? That would be a funny poster.

Val

Our son ask to go on a Disney cruise again all the time ever since we got off our EB Panama canal cruise in 2008. Now that me and my wife booked the Hawaii cruise we want to surprise the kids we were thinking about not telling them and just drive to the port and once the see the boat telling them then.Any other ideas? What are some ways you surprised your kids? Our son will be 8 and our daughter will be 4 at the time of the cruise. thanks

Final Payment: Has anyone actually checked with DCL about the final payment date on the website?

I know we were told 2/14/12 on the phone, which is the 75 day mark, and DCL usually does do earlier for special cruises. JANUARY 1, 2012 is actually the 120 day mark, and that seems like the more logical date. December 1 is like 151 days....seems strange. :confused3

Whoa- you had me go look and ours (from TA, which sometimes says slightly earlier than others- like maybe a week or so... maybe they wanna make sure they get it and can get the pymt in well within time?) says Dec 1, 2010..... hmm gonna make Christmas kinda tight. LOL

Oh YES, we keep saying we will wait a year between cruises - but we never do. I love sea days so really looking forward to this cruise & seeing old ship mates.
Joyce:hippie:

Whoa- you had me go look and ours (from TA, which sometimes says slightly earlier than others- like maybe a week or so... maybe they wanna make sure they get it and can get the pymt in well within time?) says Dec 1, 2010..... hmm gonna make Christmas kinda tight. LOL

Well, I guess that is ONE perk to using points...it's already paid. lol I don't think we get a good exchange rate with cruises, but it helps in deciding to book!!

Welcome to everyone who just booked! I know a LOT of you guys already know each other, so looking forward to meeting such a fun group!! :cool1:

Well, I guess that is ONE perk to using points...it's already paid. lol I don't think we get a good exchange rate with cruises, but it helps in deciding to book!!

Welcome to everyone who just booked! I know a LOT of you guys already know each other, so looking forward to meeting such a fun group!! :cool1:

Over on the Facebook group page for this cruise, we have a "Six Degrees of Separation" document, listing cruises and everyone is adding their names to the cruises they've been on. What is really interesting is to see "MY" friend from a 2006 cruise already knows another one of "MY" friends from a 2010 cruise. It IS a small world, afterall!

Aloha everyone! It's snowing here, so the thought of Hawaii has me smiling! I finally caught up on my thread reading! Champagne Girls sounds aweseome, I've signed up. I willl have to dig deep to find my inner pink, and probably buy something since I don't actually have anything. Well unless you count my new white layering tee that was washed with a new red shirt and now is in pink blotches! :scared1: But it looks like SO much fun, I will dig deep for the pink - it has to be in there somewhere since my DD is SO pink! :rotfl: I loved the idea of the pink lei's - so appropriate and fun for this cruise. We did a Hawaiian cruise in 2007 and one of our favorite activites was making the fresh lei's on the ship. Here's DD(4 at the time) wearing her's.

DSC02074.jpg

I'm happy to answer any questions I can about our Hawaiian cruise in 2007 - although of course it wasn't DCL. ;)

Wow this is an experienced group, despite the fact that we've cruised DCL twice and other cruiselines a couple of times, I feel like such a newbie. We are headed to Alaska in a few weeks, it will probably be marathon reading when I get back to catch up again. :rotfl:

I do need a bit of advice, I booked so quickly yesterday, that I didn't even consider insurance. When do you usually add on the insurance, can you add it after the booking? I've always done it at the time of booking, so I'm not sure how that works.

:surfweb:

My TA just told me it's sold out :-( Please let me know if you hear differently.
Thanks

Im not sure which one to be more excited about LOL the B2b with Alaska in 2 weeks or this cruise and the fact we made it on before it sold out :cool1: The nice thing is when leaving the Alaska I know it will be less then a year before I see great friends again so I guess they wont have to unhook me from the ships gangway and drag me off!

I know its early and all and I dont think anyone else voluntered but I would be willing to organize the FE for this cruise if everyone wants. I think theyll be a good turnout since its a return to same port cruise and we have lots of sea days so no stressing out while in port :) Thinking of so many cute Hawaiin themed trinkets :)

I do need a bit of advice, I booked so quickly yesterday, that I didn't even consider insurance. When do you usually add on the insurance, can you add it after the booking? I've always done it at the time of booking, so I'm not sure how that works.

:surfweb:

We go to INSUREMYTRIP dot com. Saves us some money and we can pick the policy that best fits our needs. You can buy anytime, just be aware of pre-existing conditions. We find it make sense to purchase right away while there are NO pre-exisiting conditions. :)

My TA just told me it's sold out :-( Please let me know if you hear differently.
Thanks

I'd ask TA to keep checking daily. There are holds that will require deposits within a couple of days of booking that people may back out of. There also are people that have a TA book for them, but "just to cover their bases" also phone and book their own. One of those would then be canceled within a couple of days.

217565_214328591915656_100000155497122_966500_7078706_n.jpg

This is on Maui going down Mount Haleakala 12 years ago.
Don't think we will have time to do that one again and I am sure the sugar cane refinery is gone also. Not sure what we will do on Maui yet, but I remember we had a lot of fun then.

I'd ask TA to keep checking daily. There are holds that will require deposits within a couple of days of booking that people may back out of. There also are people that have a TA book for them, but "just to cover their bases" also phone and book their own. One of those would then be canceled within a couple of days.

That's what they said. I'm hopeful. It would be the perfect trip for my family. I'm Los Angeles based and I usually have the first 2 weeks in May off work. Fingers and toes are crossed.

Im not sure which one to be more excited about LOL the B2b with Alaska in 2 weeks or this cruise and the fact we made it on before it sold out :cool1: The nice thing is when leaving the Alaska I know it will be less then a year before I see great friends again so I guess they wont have to unhook me from the ships gangway and drag me off!

I know its early and all and I dont think anyone else voluntered but I would be willing to organize the FE for this cruise if everyone wants. I think theyll be a good turnout since its a return to same port cruise and we have lots of sea days so no stressing out while in port :) Thinking of so many cute Hawaiin themed trinkets :)

Thank you so much for offering to organize the FE, you have my vote. I would like to also propose that we vote on how the FE's be organized. It is clear this is going to be a wonderful but HUGE group. On the WBTA we also had a very large group and elected to put the FE's into groups of 25 cabins. Of course you could give to any FE you wanted but your primary group was limited. On the PC there were over 100 cabins on the FE list, but they elected to leave it one group. While it was wonderful to get so many 'gifts' it made it really difficult to come up with something you could find room for in your luggage. Also, I felt bad for people who spent so much time working on their FE gifts only to have someone else duplicate it and distribute theirs first. While I was not one of these people I heard how disappointed some where to see that. Also, for some, it was cost prohibitive.

Just my thoughts. Of course will go along with the majority.

.......and so the plannning begins! :banana: ( oh I've missed that dancing banana)

I've been looking today at hotels to stay overnight in LA.....how exciting!:cool1:

Oh, and welcome to everyone who's joined us! Wonder if we'll be as chatty as on the WBTA 2010 thread! :thumbsup2

I'm looking forward to getting my laptop back so I can sort out the Hawaiian signature......:rolleyes1

.:littleangel:

This thread is taking off like gang busters! I booked at 8:00am opening day & have been flying high ever since. Cannot wait to be back on the Wonder & see so many of you again, just wish all our Panama gang could come. I signed in on the sign in sheet for me & our cruise friend Jan & Howie Greenberg. I also signed Jan & I up for Champagne Girls. Please let me know if that did not register.

I am off to Bermuda so I am trying to pack very light,:laughing: What a task that is for me! Surely for one week I can do it!!!:dance3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter