• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April 29, 2012 ~ Aloha! ~ Wonder to Hawaii- who is with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my!!! First I bumped into Lucky Penny (see above) and now it looks like the bad penny has turned up!!! :rotfl: :laughing: :rotfl:

SO very happy to be sailing with my soul sister and my surrogate husband!!! :goodvibes :worship: :hug:

...and so, the insults begin..... :rotfl2: soul sisters united! I'm getting excited already!:banana:

Ok, been on hold on 2 phones for nearly 2 hours :0
We're booked, Cat 4B GTY, all that was left for a family of 5. Yes. For those of you who may remember me from the 2008 WBTA, I did have 2 kids, but another on the way!
I am Hayley. Sailing with DH and DD11, DD9 and new baby, Will be about 8 months. We are from Australia.
I see lot's of familiar faces here, looks like it's going to be a reunion cruise!
Will go back and have a read later, right now it's 1am here and I need to sleep.
Goodnight :goodvibes

Yay! Hayley will be onboard! Not only that but we will get to meet Junior too, how awesome :cool1:

Hi Lori, I'm not sure who Val is but I wanted to introduce myself. I'm Deb/EllaEnchanted. I hosted the very first Champagne Girls Tasting on the WBPC in May 2008. Since then it has spread like wildfire.....which I'm delighted about.

Mandy/UKAngel and I came up with the idea in the first place. She and I will both be on this cruise and it's the first time that we'll be doing the Champagne Girls together. I'm so excited about that.

So YES there will definitely be a Champagne Girls Tasting on this cruise and I will be very happy to host it for all of us.

I think it's WAY too early to start a list though. I'm hosting another one on the first Alaska cruise.....so that has all my attention at the moment. I'll get you more details on what the Champagne Girls are all about after I return from Alaska. It's worth the wait!!!!

:cutie::cutie::cutie::cutie::cutie::cutie::cutie:

I bookmarked it.....I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. But please be aware that for every tasting that I do, I provide the boas and tiaras so that we all look the same for our pink picture. I may do it a little differently from the way some of you have done it already. So I would ask for you to please let me do it the way we originally started it up. Thanks.

Hi Angel, I'm so happy we'll be cruising to Hawaii together. As well as doing our very first Champagne Girls Tasting together. This is going to be a trip of a lifetime. Awesome!!!!!

Ladies, this is the Co-Original Champagne Girl that dreamed up this whole thing with me. Unfortunately, Angel had to cancel the PC crossing so I ended up hosting it by myself. I'm so happy that we'll finally be able to do it together. This will be my favorite CG gathering. I'm so happy to be able to host this one. We will have a lot of fun!!!

Hey Deb! How unbelievable amazing that we will get to cruise Hawaii AND do CG together!!!!!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

I think we were always MEANT to do Hawaii together don't you?:hug:

Thanks to you and Mandy for a wonderfully grand idea. Also, thanks for allowing us to pirate the idea and enjoy it on other DCL cruises. You both certainly are stars.
Val

Aw, that's sweet Val! Thank you :hug:

As Deb says.....
Champagne Girls Forever!

All bubble-loving, pink-wearing ladies are welcome!:dance3: Looking forward to meeting every one of you onboard.....:cloud9:

:littleangel:

OK so now I have met Val......very very nice. I'm sure you had a great time. If you don't mind, I would love to host this one, especially since me and Angel will be together doing it for the first time. It's very special to me. I would appreciate if you would let me do it the way that we originally set it up.

I am sooo there with you hosting the next chapter of the original Champagne Girls Gala.
Then we were delighted to find out that we had a mascot.....Sassy Bubbles.....who comes dressed as a pink tink. (Sassy will be on this sailing with us!!! YEAH!!!!)
We were so fortunate to have Kay arrange to have Sassy Bubbles come. Here is a picture of Sassy and a few of the crew who played with us.
5389125543_48381a4fe0.jpg

5389141453_112c689290.jpg
5389733448_7d6b5d5cc7_z.jpg

This is definitely going to be the BEST and most special Champagne Girls EVER!!! CHAMPAGNE GIRLS FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!
We are all looking forward to it.

Hi Everyone,
We are joining you! Very nice of Disney to do this for our 25th Anniversary! Looking forward to getting to know you all over the next year,we are thrilled to be doing this cruise.

Arlene and Lee

Disney knew it was our 20th! We are thinking of doing a vow renewal somewhere in Hawaii on the beach!

OK so now I have met Val......very very nice. I'm sure you had a great time. If you don't mind, I would love to host this one, especially since me and Angel will be together doing it for the first time. It's very special to me. I would appreciate if you would let me do it the way that we originally set it up.

Here's pictures:

This is the very first Champagne Girls Tasting on the WBPC in May 2008:

champagnegirls051-1.jpg

I loved it! I have to say I have been to others, and while they were nice, nothing compares to the first one! But this one may just - wonder how many orginal CG will actually be on this?

I will make a spreadsheet separate from the roll call (just look at the bottom tabs) for CG so it is easy to see how many are interested at one glance.

Krisann

There was a box just off to the right that says "Ask to Join"...click on that, then wait to see if Krissan accepts you! :lmao:

Oh I hope she does!! :rotfl: I got it figured out. :rolleyes:

Well I heard the cool kids are all doing this cruise, and as I can't possibly let Ms Tart (Karen) do this without me........I'm in!! :cheer2::cheer2:
So, we are Mandy and Mark from Reading in the UK, and this will be our 6th DCL cruise......and well be celebrating our 9th wedding anniversary onboard ( for those that don't know us we met here on the DIS and honeymooned with DCL) It's going to be great to see old and new friends!
Mandy!!! :grouphug: Yep, the cool kids are here! :laughing::cool1:

:goodvibes Hi everyone i really wanted to go on this trip and yesterday was my anniversary so im standing in line at target i get a call from my TA that im going!!!!!! My DH booked it as a surprise for me:lovestruc I havent seen anything yet i know im in a verandah i think 6536. Ive never been on a longer cruise cant wait!!! Looking forward to chatting with everyone:)
Congratulations on your anniversary and you are going to LOVE this 15 nighter!

Well I was able to get on and book my clients for Hawaii. It's such a great feeling knowing that I was ableto take care of my clients that are counting on me to book them on this awesome cruise. No more 11C's or 11B's left.

Okay, now the fun starts - what's the best way to diet

Bev

Eat less and move more they say. But that is no fun!:sad2:

Just got back from TA we are booked cabin 2100
Welcome aboard!! :thumbsup2

Hi Everyone,
We are joining you! Very nice of Disney to do this for our 25th Anniversary! Looking forward to getting to know you all over the next year,we are thrilled to be doing this cruise.

Arlene and Lee
We are looking forward to getting to know you also! Welcome!! :woohoo:

After 80 minutes on the phone .. I'm in ...cat 11B GTY! I was surprised to get a GTY ... I thought they weren't doing GTYs anymore??? Oh well ... my reservation says I'm in!!!:banana::banana: Now to start saving! It will be a graduation present for my daughter ... Her last exam is Apr 28! No DL pre-stay for me!
Welcome aboard!! :cool1:

But isn't Cove on 2 decks on the Wonder?

This could be very confusing:confused:
Still have about 15 pages to catch up.

Oh dear! That could cause some confusion for us geezers! :confused: Dennis said he will stand and wave, if he can remember. :rolleyes1

We're booked, Cat 4B GTY, all that was left for a family of 5. Yes. For those of you who may remember me from the 2008 WBTA, I did have 2 kids, but another on the way!
I am Hayley. Sailing with DH and DD11, DD9 and new baby, Will be about 8 months. We are from Australia.
I see lot's of familiar faces here, looks like it's going to be a reunion cruise!
Will go back and have a read later, right now it's 1am here and I need to sleep.

Hayley!! Yay!! :grouphug:

Hi Lori, I'm not sure who Val is but I wanted to introduce myself. I'm Deb/EllaEnchanted. I hosted the very first Champagne Girls Tasting on the WBPC in May 2008. Since then it has spread like wildfire.....which I'm delighted about.

Mandy/UKAngel and I came up with the idea in the first place. She and I will both be on this cruise and it's the first time that we'll be doing the Champagne Girls together. I'm so excited about that.

So YES there will definitely be a Champagne Girls Tasting on this cruise and I will be very happy to host it for all of us.

I think it's WAY too early to start a list though. I'm hosting another one on the first Alaska cruise.....so that has all my attention at the moment. I'll get you more details on what the Champagne Girls are all about after I return from Alaska. It's worth the wait!!!!

My friend!! So glad we get to sail together again. I MAY join you CGs this trip. Just need to find something for my sweetie to do while I'm away. You know how we are. :):lovestruc

We booked this AM, 2 adults in a Cat 5A. Debbie & Clay

Welcome!

Hi everyone,

My husband and I will be joining you. Our travel agent booked us yesterday. Super excited about this cruise!! Sad that our kids can't join us due to work and college.

Judy

Glad you are joining us, Judy! :dance3:

ok I started a closed group on Facebook for this group if anyone would like to join. I think I have to add you as the group is a closed group - meaning no one but the group can see the messages - but the group name can be found in searches.

I am trying to figure out the link to the page! This may be it?

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_207192239305173

can someone try this and lets see if it works?

Krisann
It worked and I joined- thanks for doing that!

HI!
Hi to everyone actually- I can't quote everyone hehe
Wait are you the ones going to b2b alaska coming up soon? I can't remember who it was that I quoted that was doing that- whoever it is.. we're gonna be on those cruises also!

:cutie::cutie::cutie::cutie::cutie::cutie::cutie:
Woohoo champagne girls! We did a CG party on the TA also.. were you there? If so I'm sorry for not remembering.. I keep going on cruises where there are TONS of Disers on the cruises and I'm beginning to lose track of who went on what cruises with us. LOL

And....... TA came thru for us (once again, as always)- moved bookings so we got the discount so it wasn't TOO much more than the original pricing.... ofcourse not sideways cabins but unless some slight changes in the way things were booked moved us to other rooms (we needed different people in different rooms and a tba person in one room in case we cruise with 4 instead of 5 peeps- since our oldest will be 18 by this time..and may not be able to cruise) -UNLESS that changed things- we're in 6547/6545..... costing a wee bit more than PC and/or TA cost us with one room verandah/one inside... but whatevs. We wanna go to Hawaii!!!! :rotfl:

Liz and I are definitely coming. Cabin 5632 by then it will be our 2nd platinum cruise :banana:
Now let's get alaska out the way

Neil

No killing, rather have you along for this BIG adventure, even if it means waiting till next year to finally get to :hug: you!

:hug: yippee!!

Can someone direct me to the link for the google sheet please? Am I just being stupid? :rolleyes: (don't answer that please Ms T) :rotfl2:

:littleangel:

Travel Agent came thorough and it looks like DW and I are on in a 10B. Not my first choice, but it will do!

This is a birthday present for the wife, she turns 40 during the cruise. It will also be our first real vacation alone together in 10 years. Oh, and shhhhh, it's a surprise :) Well it is for now at least.

Liz and I are definitely coming. Cabin 5632 by then it will be our 2nd platinum cruise :banana:
Now let's get alaska out the way

Neil

Yep, we are needing to get Alaska out of the way as well! :rotfl::rolleyes: I really was having a hard time getting excited about Alaska, but we are going with friends so that makes it fun!

Travel Agent came thorough and it looks like DW and I are on in a 10B. Not my first choice, but it will do!

This is a birthday present for the wife, she turns 40 during the cruise. It will also be our first real vacation alone together in 10 years. Oh, and shhhhh, it's a surprise :) Well it is for now at least.

Yay!! Welcome and what a great 40th birthday present! :cloud9:

Corinna, you have got to get out more when you are cruising. They've been doing Golden Mickeys on the Wonder, perhaps you'll bring your dress, too.

Did you get to Dubai?

Oh, you will get sick of the sight of me on that cruise with all the sea days. On the Med cruise I was just too busy to have fun with all those intensive port days. What little spare time we had, we tended to spend with our table mates.

I can't remember if I had the gold evening gown on the Med cruise, but that is no more. It ended up being too big and was donated to good will. I have however just invested in a gold bolero to go with a beautiful blue gown.

Dubai did not happen in the end. They offered me the job, but the conditions were not right. So I turned it down. Every now and again, I have the tiniest bit of regret, but I know I would have been miserable if I had taken it. I am off to Dubai for a vacation in 3 weeks though.

But isn't Cove on 2 decks on the Wonder?

This could be very confusing:confused::confused3:confused::confused3

Still have about 15 pages to catch up.

Yes and no. Cove Cafe is still only on one level. However, the Outlook Cafe is above it and there is a staircase from the Cove Cafe. However, it also has its own entrance on deck 10. We love the Outlook Cafe.

P1000662.jpg

Corinna Hi!!!!! I'm so glad you'll be on this cruise and we can finally meet. YEAH!!! I LOVE the jewelry that Mandy made for me. I'll be wearing to at this CG gathering.

No need to bring your own boa and tiara....and we want you IN the picture not out. I will be providing everything. I will definitely do the pink leis....so no feathers.....and Jackie/ibouncetoo suggested that we do flowers in our hair. I like that idea. I'll see if I can find some pink silk hawaiian ones. So you just need to wear pink and bring you. We'll have so much fun!!!

That is great. One less thing to worry about. I love the idea of flowers in the hair, too. I have a nice pink dress that will definitely come on this cruise.

Corinna

WE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT THIS CRUISE UNTIL YESTERDAY AFTERNOON!

ON OF MY FACEBOOK FRIENDS SAID SHE BOOKED IT! SO I PHONED RIGHT AWAY!

ALL the handicapped accessible veranda staterooms were already booked! Can you imagine? Who knew?

Anyway, we got an oceanview, better than not going at all, right? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Connie

I can't believe I am adding my name to this thread!!!!
Now, let's just hope we can pull it off:rolleyes1
Jessica & Adam from St. Paul, MN....30 years old..married 7 years....no kids, first trip to Hawaii! Always wanted to go, DH wont fly for that long......perfect solution! Booked GTY 11B! :banana:

Yeah for everyone who has booked! This is going to be an incredible cruise!!! :cool1:

I had to update my signature and avatar bc I am so excited! I won't have my regular computer for the next 6 weeks so I will perfect my signature then. I did the best I could with what I had here on my laptop! :)

Hi Brooklyn!
We were on the EBTA with you 2010. It will be fun to see how the girls have grown.

I love your signature design !! Is it available for magnets?

(I am new to the thread so if a link has been posted already, ignore this post, I will find it.)

I am at a conference and was reading our 2008 WBPC thread while a presenter was setting up when I discovered Monica's post that gold and platinum could book Thursday. I used my break time to call DCL and when the session resumed I stood in the back of the room with Beauty and the Beast soundtrack playing in my Bluetooth. When DCL -Paula came on I ducked out and did the deed. We got a gty 11C. THANKS MONICA !!

I met Tom for lunch and showed him the confirming e-mail on my I-phone!!

Looking forward to seeing familiar faces and being part of Champagne Girls with the ORIGINATORS Deb and Mandy from the WBPC 2008 MAGIC cruise.

Jan :banana:

ohhhhhhhh i love:lovestruc pink!!! and a bunch of girls drinking together sounds like my kind of party please count me in!!!!!! Already getting excited and ive got a year to go!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter