• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April 29, 2012 ~ Aloha! ~ Inagural Wonder to Hawaii-Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much! She is a milk chocolate person - I have never seen them available in dark???? - and the mini size is great. Are you a coffee drinker? I live in Seattle - coffee land USA - and would love to bring you something. We actually have a brand other than Starbucks that is really popular.

No problems Judy, I've written them down on my list. :thumbsup2
Who doesn't like coffee? It's the only thing that gets me through the day with 3 kids and a hubby to look after, typed while sipping my Nespresso, lol! But honestly, no need to bring anything, I am happy to bring the Cherry Ripes. :goodvibes

I have a suggestion to make now that we are only 35 days away. How about if we start signing our postings with our first names so we can start figuring out who everyone is and make it easier to connect onboard. I know a lot of you know each other but a lot of us have no faces to put to Dis names and definitely no names.
It is strange to feel I have gotten to know a lot of you to some extent on here but haven't got a clue who "you are". Boy will wearing shirts embarkation day help! But I am definitely a senior so my memory is not the best :) of course my kids remind me it never was :rotfl:

Great Idea Judy (learning!), I am Hayley. ;)

bracelets.jpg

and to say that hese have all been claimed but if I could get more scraps, I could make more bracelets...... :thumbsup2

Anyone have scraps? :confused3

JAN

LOVE THEM, Will happily buy up to 4 if anyone has enough scrap and is willing to sell them!!!

We are most likely doing the same thing. If we time it right then your husband and I can share the cab ride back to port.

Jon

Hi Jon, My hubby will also be with our friends travelling with us, Jason. But still room in the taxi for you. :thumbsup2 We are hoping to get there about 1ish, we are driving from San Diego as we are staying there before the cruise. Listen out for the 2 Aussie accents! ;)

Found a good deal at CVS today - a little extra thing to put in the younger kids FE. Anyone taking the Lights Action backstage tour on May 15?

Charlotte /John

If anyone has scrap DIS fabric that I can use for bracelets, please let me know so we can discuss exchange of fabric for money. I can use little snips as long as I can cut them into 3/4 inch widths and seam them together.

Thanks in advance!

Jan

I have a suggestion to make now that we are only 35 days away. How about if we start signing our postings with our first names so we can start figuring out who everyone is and make it easier to connect onboard. I know a lot of you know each other but a lot of us have no faces to put to Dis names and definitely no names.
It is strange to feel I have gotten to know a lot of you to some extent on here but haven't got a clue who "you are". Boy will wearing shirts embarkation day help! But I am definitely a senior so my memory is not the best :) of course my kids remind me it never was :rotfl:

Excellent idea! I have added signatures to bottom of my posts!

JAN
(I need to look it up but I think my Hawaiian name is HAN)

Jan is the feminine of John. John means God is gracious and there are over 100 translations of the name so this will be difficult.

My book says that the Hawaiian form of the word could be Lokomaika'i ( but that is John.I.

The Hawaiian-English forms are Jan = Kana which means by tens.

And we all know that Jan is working by tenfold to make this cruise memorable.

Debbie -

Thanks for coordinating this and setting everything up. It was great meeting everyone and looking forward to spending 15 WONDERful days with you.

Thanks for making Panera feel a little like Hawaii but how come it is so cold today? :confused3 Have fun at WDW and bring back the sun.

See everyone in just 5 short weeks.

Aloha

Ah geez, forgot all about it!! I should have had DCannon remind me.
What did I miss???

Jan is the feminine of John. John means God is gracious and there are over 100 translations of the name so this will be difficult.

My book says that the Hawaiian form of the word could be Lokomaika'i ( but that is John.I.

The Hawaiian-English forms are Jan = Kana which means by tens.

And we all know that Jan is working by tenfold to make this cruise memorable.

:lmao: You are too funny! :rotfl: (but thanks!)

So, do we look for a feminine form of LOKOMAIKA'I or stick with KANA which is something people could actually remember and maybe even say?

I'm thinking, :idea: the latter.

thanks!
JAN/KANA

I am so far behind on this thread! I was wondering if anyone had any info on renting a car when we get to Oahu? My husband's only request for this entire Hawaii trip is to see the beach of Waiamaia, and there are no excursions there. Anyone got any ideas??

Also, I am very interested to know about the formal nights. Hubby isn't so interested in bringing full suit. Does the cruise rent anything?

And how "semi-formal" is semi-formal night? Again, hubby isn't much for fancy - and is thinking polo and nice khakis are good enough. What's everyone think?

Got our docs today. So this late morning we went to WDI for a special shopping time that a friend of mine got from a Disneyana convention. Needless to say we were like kids in a candy store. I am not going to say how much we spent, but I think it maybe time for me to cancel a tour or two.

Pam and I spent more than anyone else on our ABD trip last summer. Oops...

I am so far behind on this thread! I was wondering if anyone had any info on renting a car when we get to Oahu? My husband's only request for this entire Hawaii trip is to see the beach of Waiamaia, and there are no excursions there. Anyone got any ideas??

Also, I am very interested to know about the formal nights. Hubby isn't so interested in bringing full suit. Does the cruise rent anything?

And how "semi-formal" is semi-formal night? Again, hubby isn't much for fancy - and is thinking polo and nice khakis are good enough. What's everyone think?

We're renting from Thrifty in every port. Booking through http://www.hawaiicruisecars.com/ seems to give really good rates. There's a shuttle from the port.

DCL does rent tuxedos but since DH has only ever worn a fancy suit for our wedding (42 years ago), it is highly unlikely that he would ever want to spend the money for a tux--rental or purchase.

Some people prefer to go to Beach Blanket Buffet (which is a sit down dinner) for formal and semi-formal nights. But, we like the "show" of the restaurants so we have never done that.

We go to the restaurants and I want you to know that even on Formal night we have seen men in shorts and women in sun dresses. The range of clothing runs the spectrum.

Since we are flying on Delta and have to pay for our luggage it is highly likely that DH will bring a sports jacket, dark slacks, a white shirt and one tie for formal night and a blue shirt and different tie for semi-formal night.

Do what works for you both. It is your husband's vacation too.

Jan/Kana

Yes, he could rent a tux. I think the info is on the DCL website. If not, there used to be a flyer in with the documents. Haven't received documents yet so I don't know if that is still the case.

He certainly could wear polo and nice khakis on semi-formal night. Whatever is comfortable for him. No one really cares as long as we all are having a good time! :dance3:

Yes, he could rent a tux. I think the info is on the DCL website. If not, there used to be a flyer in with the documents. Haven't received documents yet so I don't know if that is still the case.

He certainly could wear polo and nice khakis on semi-formal night. Whatever is comfortable for him. No one really cares as long as we all are having a good time! :dance3:

I did receive my documents and no info about renting a tux. But there is a link to rent one on the DCL website.

Angel

I finished all my FE bags - came out to be 41 when it was all done for my group. I really don't know how you guys do everyone, I struggled with my 1 group. :worship: Now I'm looking at all of this wondering how I'm going to pack it all! :faint:

Picture is posted, if you are still interested, send me a PM with the measurement around your hand and your DD's hand when they are scrunched. Do not allow for stretch, I will figure that, just the basic measurement of the smallest you can make your hand for a bracelet to slide on. If I get enough fabric scraps, I will let you know. I am making a list of interested cruisers.
:cloud9:You are so sweet! I sent you a PM, crossing my fingers you get enough scraps, because these are SO cute.

I added a picture to my avatar. It's me and my husband, Mark. One other distinguishing feature is that Mark is blind and uses a white cane to navigate. So anyone who wants to greet us should be able to "find" us.

I added a picture to my avatar. It's me and my husband, Mark. One other distinguishing feature is that Mark is blind and uses a white cane to navigate. So anyone who wants to greet us should be able to "find" us.

Judy, you and I should have no trouble finding each other...I am the other Judy and I will be pushing my adult daughter in a wheelchair...think everyone should find us to say hi :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter