• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April 29, 2012 ~ Aloha! ~ Inagural Wonder to Hawaii-Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree. I sent PM's to everyone on scrapbooking. Out of 60 people, 20 have given no response. The other 40 were awesome. It is just really hard to plan when I am spending time putting together packets based on how many scrapbookers signed up. If the 20 that haven't responded have changed their mind, all they need to do is contact me. I am sure there are more that would want to participate. The other thing is, I am hauling all this stuff to the ship, and I only want to take what is being used. Don't want to bring back extra stuff. Paper and books are just so heavy.

Okay.....I have vented. Back to normal......

Sorry for forgetting you Linda. It's got to be the hardest on you.....I'll only have champagne left over, but you will have scrapbooks to take back home with you. That is so wrong. Especially when someone else may have wanted to do it.

Maybe we should all take a page out of Cayla's book and do it the way she does. It's a little "tough love" but it's effective and necessary to just make the rules up front and don't take any nonsense.

I think people don't realize just how much work all of this takes even without having to chase everybody time and time again. I figured that I could spread some magic when I took on some of the tasks and activities. There have been moments when I have bitterly regretted doing so. First and foremost, this is our vacation. I do not expect any thanks, but I do expect that people let me know once they got a room assignment, if their plans change, etc. At the very least, I expect that they reply to my pleas for information without giving me attitude. I have still got one person who has not paid for the jewellery workshop and does not respond to PMs on here or messages on Facebook. If I had waited to order supplies until the last person has paid, we would not have them in time for the cruise. But this is leaving me out of pocket. It is little things like this that drive me crazy.

Corinna

Understood and well said Corinna. It's called being responsible for your actions.

Thanks Carol Ann for your support, but I want to avoid conflict at all costs. It's a pleasant occassion and it's all about having fun. If I start confronting people that didn't sign up and charge them more they will just lie and say that it's my mistake. They can be very insistent. It's just not worth it.

Your kindness and love of having a good time and just 2 of the things we love about you!! :hug:

I will not be asking for a paper copy of your list Heather - save the tree! I use a single page with just the dis name and cabin number and if I am delivering for kids as well as adults a number in the last column. I cross off as I deliver and go on my laps around the decks. This cruise has no kid compliment, so no extra info - just Dis and cabin...easy peasy!
Captain and his parrot is Jack.
/QUOTE]

Except for those sharing a cabin and doing seperate FE. :rolleyes1 Also we don't have our Dis names on FE just first names. :)

I have been on this board since 2004 and I just learned something new. I signed on and I saw that I had a PM so I check and no I have read everything. It was still showing I had one. :confused3 Who knew you could leave a visitor message ? :confused3:rotfl2:

I know. i requested putting it on my stateroom bill and planned to collect at the door. I am not being given that option :confused3 Maybe it is because they put us in the champagne bar. Not sure. I am just happy they are accommodating us :thumbsup2 Nope they said the champagne selection will be done by the on board beverage team. I agree! I think we will have a blast no matter what! I will definteily share pictures with your group here. Thank you again for everything!!! :goodvibes

Hi Terrie! Wish we were on the Maiden Voyage with you. Couldn't do both though. Say "hi" to Wally too from John and I!

Thanks Carol Ann for your support, but I want to avoid conflict at all costs. It's a pleasant occassion and it's all about having fun. If I start confronting people that didn't sign up and charge them more they will just lie and say that it's my mistake. They can be very insistent. It's just not worth it.

Definitely did not want to recommend "confronting" folks, lol. I was thinking more along the lines of, if you are at the door to collect money and hand out the tags you mentioned designating your drinking category, that if there were last minute sign ups, they could pay the "walk in" price which for most things in life is more than those who book in advance (like our cruise prices, lol).

I would like to think that people would be honest and do the right thing, but you are right, one never knows. So I will raise my glass to you and the other generous people here who have volunteered and taken the time to give enjoyment to the DIS members who are traveling with them. You are all the best! :)

CHAMPAGNE GIRLS.....here are your 92 attendees:

EllaEnchanted----------DEB - host

Lexa------------------Aleksandra
AlohaDisney-----------Amie
mommy2mermaids-----Amy/Peggy
Lizzy'sMom------------Andrea
MrsMork--------------Angie/Nang
Bilbo UK--------------Ann
Snwwht--------------Arlene
Happy_N_Doc---------Barb
DCLDivaB-------------Beth
dylan'smom-----------bev
Mickeymom923--------Bev/Lindsay
Poohbear926----------Bev/Lindsay
ct7878---------------Candy
CarolAnnC------------Carol
Pixie Dust II----------Carole Ann/Jan
Happy Goofy---------Charlotte
Kugalbelle------------Charmaine
NotSoLittleMermaid ---Cheri
newgeneb------------Cheryl
Toocherie------------Cheryl & Doris
Toocherie------------Cherry & Doris
mckryan--------------Christa & Deb
cquick----------------Connie
dolphingirl47----------Corinna
MERMAIDLOVING------Cindy
wrabitdad-------------Dale
djpate----------------Debbie/Judy
fivepin----------------Debbie/Judy
disneygal0614---------Denise
dwcsk8---------------Diane
MousseauMob---------Ellen
Yensidfan-------------Faith
Squiggle--------------Fran
gydell----------------Gydell,Carolyn& Stephanie
LittleDisneyLovers-----Hayley
threebritts------------heather
chip&dale&fun---------Irene
ibouncetoo-----------Jackie + Pam
JLSE50---------------Jan
janell.carrasco--------Janell
Janis-----------------Janis
JenDen---------------Jennifer
BoosGram------------Joanne
DisneyPata-----------Joyce/Carole
Disney Pita-----------Joyce/Carole
Pixiegran-------------Judy & Catherine
CustardTart----------Karen
Katypop--------------Kathe
Kingrichard-----------Kirsten
eeyorelvr10----------Laura
Lauragar-------------Laura
DisneyPinDiva--------Leslie
seaulater------------Linda
disneycruisegal-------Lisa
Bill3540--------------Liz
Tinkerbel129---------Lori
brendmar------------Marie/Lynda
MJGirl---------------Mary Jane
--------------------Melissa / LDL friend
mishoe01-----------Monica
birkner--------------Noel/Nancy
Grammy4Lizzy-------Norene
DisneyDogLover-----Pam
Paulasillers----------Paula
pmm0724-----------Peggy
DreamsComeTrue22-Sarah/Jennifer
cdndisneydaddy----Shari
Sharon Seattle-----Sharon
Evenean-----------Sheena
DisneyNut56-------Sheree/Danielle
SanDiegoSteph----Stephanie & MaryAnn
tinkagain----------Suzanne/Linda
thelowe-----------Suzanne/Linda
DisneyCruiser83---Tess/Violet
Dialady-----------Theresa
Castoff-----------Tina
valbob89---------valerie

If there are any errors, please let me know. Thanks.

Grumpy old lady here. If people do not respond by the 3rd pm, they're off the list and I wouldn't bring their stuff. I am a FIRM believer in tough love. On the other hand, I'm a pushover for an FE, so if there's one on the door but not on my list, they're probably going to get someting.

Hi Terrie! Wish we were on the Maiden Voyage with you. Couldn't do both though. Say "hi" to Wally too from John and I!

Definitely did not want to recommend "confronting" folks, lol. I was thinking more along the lines of, if you are at the door to collect money and hand out the tags you mentioned designating your drinking category, that if there were last minute sign ups, they could pay the "walk in" price which for most things in life is more than those who book in advance (like our cruise prices, lol).

I would like to think that people would be honest and do the right thing, but you are right, one never knows. So I will raise my glass to you and the other generous people here who have volunteered and taken the time to give enjoyment to the DIS members who are traveling with them. You are all the best! :)

I understand what you're saying...it's a good point.

Thank you so much! We will raise many glasses together on this cruise. Cheers!

I don't think animosity is the right word. Frustration covers it much more accurately. I have had an absolute nightmare pulling information together for the various activities that I am heading up. Some people are only on here, some only on Facebook and some can't be bothered to check in and respond to requests for information through either medium and then complain if they have been left off something.

Corinna

:hug: I'm sorry that you've had a rough go of it, also. I don't think I am signed up for anything with you but I feel your pain.

Sorry for forgetting you Linda. It's got to be the hardest on you.....I'll only have champagne left over, but you will have scrapbooks to take back home with you. That is so wrong. Especially when someone else may have wanted to do it.

Maybe we should all take a page out of Cayla's book and do it the way she does. It's a little "tough love" but it's effective and necessary to just make the rules up front and don't take any nonsense.

No worries. I just want everyone to know that this is really a "project of love". I love scrapbooking and if everyone can go home with a true personal souvenir from the cruise that they have tailored to their own family, then it is a success.

Luckily for me, Jamie is off to college and she isn't dealing with scrapbook "stuff" all over the kitchen counters, living room couch, living room floor, kitchen table and office. I really start spreading out all my scrapbook stuff once I start the project, which in this case was January.

Then of course, I am trying to hit warehouses here and sales, so I can get more bang for our $$, trying to get as much as possible for $20.00. There are just so many things I would like to add, but pricewise, it is just not possible. But of course, everyone can add their own touches after the basic books are done.

For those going on the Fantasy MV on 3/31, you can track me down and get a sneak peek of the scrapbook. I am bringing the pages to show Elaine (Mickey & JoshNut) because she has offered to possibly add an embellishment that she has available on her Cricut machine! Thanks Elaine!
I'm in 8502 on the Fantasy.

Another warehouse sale this weekend. I am trying to find just the perfect finishing touches for my last two pages.......then the book is complete and I will then start putting packets together for everyone. Hope to have the house picked up and back to normal by March 29th when I leave for Florida!

Can't wait for this cruise. I am excited to be reconnecting with so many people I have cruised with before!

Grumpy old lady here. If people do not respond by the 3rd pm, they're off the list and I wouldn't bring their stuff. I am a FIRM believer in tough love. On the other hand, I'm a pushover for an FE, so if there's one on the door but not on my list, they're probably going to get someting.

:thumbsup2

CHAMPAGNE GIRLS.....here are your 92 attendees:

EllaEnchanted----------DEB - host

Lexa------------------Aleksandra
AlohaDisney-----------Amie
Lizzy'sMom------------Andrea
Bilbo UK--------------Ann
Snwwht--------------Arlene
Happy_N_Doc---------Barb
DCLDivaB-------------Beth
dylan'smom-----------bev
Mickeymom923--------Bev/Lindsay
Poohbear926----------Bev/Lindsay
ct7878---------------Candy
CarolAnnC------------Carol
Happy Goofy---------Charlotte
Kugalbelle------------Charmaine
NotSoLittleMermaid ---Cheri
newgeneb------------Cheryl
Toocherie------------Cheryl & Doris
Toocherie------------Cherry & Doris
cquick----------------Connie
dolphingirl47----------Corinna
MERMAIDLOVING------Cindy
wrabitdad-------------Dale
djpate----------------Debbie/Judy
fivepin----------------Debbie/Judy
disneygal0614---------Denise
dwcsk8---------------Diane
MousseauMob---------Ellen
Yensidfan-------------Faith
Squiggle--------------Fran
LittleDisneyLovers-----Hayley
threebritts------------heather
chip&dale&fun---------Irene
JLSE50---------------Jan
janell.carrasco--------Janell
Janis-----------------Janis
JenDen---------------Jennifer
BoosGram------------Joanne
DisneyPata-----------Joyce/Carole
Disney Pita-----------Joyce/Carole
CustardTart----------Karen
Katypop--------------Kathe
Kingrichard-----------Kirsten
eeyorelvr10----------Laura
Lauragar-------------Laura
DisneyPinDiva--------Leslie
seaulater------------Linda
disneycruisegal-------Lisa
Bill3540--------------Liz
Tinkerbel129---------Lori
MJGirl---------------Mary Jane
--------------------Melissa / LDL friend
mishoe01-----------Monica
Grammy4Lizzy-------Norene
DisneyDogLover-----Pam
Paulasillers----------Paula
pmm0724-----------Peggy
cdndisneydaddy----Shari
Sharon Seattle-----Sharon
Evenean-----------Sheena
tinkagain----------Suzanne/Linda
thelowe-----------Suzanne/Linda
Dialady-----------Theresa
Castoff-----------Tina
valbob89---------valerie

If there are any errors, please let me know. Thanks.

OH!! We are going to have SO much fun!:woohoo:

Okay, so I have gotten some info back from the Hyatt regarding their Drums of the Pacific Luau (http://www.hyattregencymaui.com/drums-pacific-luau.html)

This event would be from 5pm-8pm with pick up at the port at 4pm and return by 9:30pm

For our group, they could provide the following:

VIP Seating
  • Tables of 16-18 people in the very front of the venue closest to the stage (this is important because this is a much larger venue than Feast at Lele with 500-600 participants)
  • Early entry to the venue; Queue in the shade (VIPs enter about 40 minutes prior to General Admission)
  • First in line at the buffet which means warmer food (General Admission eats about 25 minutes after VIPs)
  • Open Bar featuring beer, wine, mixed cocktails, mai tais, and fruit punch (VIPs have waiter service for drinks vice having to go to the bar)
Pricing
  • Adults (13 and over) - $85 plus ~$25 for transportation = $110
  • Children (6-12) - $50 plus ~$25 for transportation = $75
  • Lil' Children (5 and under) - $30 plus ~$25 for transportation (unless lap child) = $55

This is much more than the TravelZoo offer (basically $50/adult with free kids under 6), but you are paying for the VIP component which all the reviews I've read say will "make or break" your enjoyment as to this luau. But, it is also a significant discount over their posted VIP rates of $130/$75/$30

Here is the menu:

Salads & Sides
garden salad with papaya seed dressing & la scala vinaigrette
lomi-lomi relish
pancit noodle salad
ahi poke
maui onion & cucumber namasu
fresh pounded poi
Tropical Fruits
hawaiian papaya
maui gold pineapple
fresh seedless watermelon
Local Grinds
huli-huli chicken
kalua pork
cilantro crusted mahi-mahi with lemon-ginger beurre blanc
fried rice
asian stir-fried vegetable
teriyaki sauce & pineapple salsa
house baked poi rolls & butter
Desserts
chocolate & macadamia nut mousse pie
coconut haupia
fresh baked pineapple upside down cake
warm bread pudding with vanilla sauce
freshly brewed starbuck coffee & tazo tea

I am happy to make arrangements for those who want to still participate. I am also happy to look at other places if folks have some alternate ideas.

Just let me know your thoughts - either here or via PM

Four adults here that would still be interested. From reading about all the troubles others are having organizing different groups, I personally wouldn't look into too many other luaus. Since you are doing all the work, I think you should choose one you would enjoy, put the information out there, and let everyone decide by a certain date if they want to attend. This is still a lot less than Disney. Thank you very much for all the effort you are putting into this for us.

Judy

I understand what Heather and Corinna are dealing with. I spent a lot of time putting together two lists of people's info that I'm missing and need for the CG. I posted it on FB. Then I put together another list combining the two and posted it over here. It is double the work when you have to work with both forums.....FB and DIS. BUT the most frustrating thing is when you don't get a response. I only heard from two people after posting all those lists of names. I don't know if I should delete the others that are signed up but not responding or just wing it and hope that they show up. My main problem is how much champagne to order. If they are all guzzlers I'll need more but if they're all honorary members then I'll need less.

Personally, I think it's rude and irresponsible to sign up for things and then leave the organizer hanging by not responding when they need more information. It's very frustrating. I think Heather and Corinna could agree.

I'm sorry for what you are going through, also. I'm not signed up with you but just wanted you to know I feel for you.:hug:

Totally agree. I sent PM's to everyone on scrapbooking. Out of 60 people, 20 have given no response. The other 40 were awesome. It is just really hard to plan when I am spending time putting together packets based on how many scrapbookers signed up. If the 20 that haven't responded have changed their mind, all they need to do is contact me. I am sure there are more that would want to participate. The other thing is, I am hauling all this stuff to the ship, and I only want to take what is being used. Don't want to bring back extra stuff. Paper and books are just so heavy.

Okay.....I have vented. Back to normal......

Same to you. I am sooo sorry that you ladies are having a rough go of it all. I'm not signed up with you either but I understand your feelings.:hug:

That's me, too, but on the Dream MV I started realizing that other guests are on to the FE and hang one out but don't participate. So what does a person do?:confused3

I have sent all my Secret Mickey emails. MJ Girl will send hers once she gets home from work, but it is nearly bedtime here. Where we have two sign ups from the same family, we have divided them between the two of us so that we did not end up with a situation where one part of the family is giving to another. So if you have received an email for one part of your family and not for the other, this is no reason for concern.

Corinna

Thanks to all of you for your kind wishes and prayers. So far things look good, will need to have the 'Big Squeeze' more often and change some medication. Waiting to hear from the DR. on the ultrasound.

But to more important news - The shirts are here!!! The count is not what she told me it would be ##xx00xx##. So I am working on it and will make a few phone calls. I'll post some photos of us modeling the shirts out on our decks, since the weather is sooo beautiful. Also, what looks like a DCL bomb went off in my dining room. Will let you know when they are in the mails - anticipate Saturday morning. Corinna, I will try to get yours off to the UK tomorrow morning.

My heartfelt sympathy for those of you who are struggling with your projects. I felt really blessed. Everyone who said they were ordering shirts did or let me know to cancel their order. On the PC cruise I took on the responsibility for a multiple number of things; Champagne Girls, 2 tasting, room tour, postcard exchange, two private tours, book exchange .... and Bob made me promise I would never never take on that many again. I felt personally responsible if everyone didn't have a good time - my failing not theirs. 99.9% of the people are more then helpful, grateful and kind. It is the .01% that makes you think you were very bad in a former life.

Okay, so I have gotten some info back from the Hyatt regarding their Drums of the Pacific Luau (http://www.hyattregencymaui.com/drums-pacific-luau.html)

This event would be from 5pm-8pm with pick up at the port at 4pm and return by 9:30pm

For our group, they could provide the following:

VIP Seating
  • Tables of 16-18 people in the very front of the venue closest to the stage (this is important because this is a much larger venue than Feast at Lele with 500-600 participants)
  • Early entry to the venue; Queue in the shade (VIPs enter about 40 minutes prior to General Admission)
  • First in line at the buffet which means warmer food (General Admission eats about 25 minutes after VIPs)
  • Open Bar featuring beer, wine, mixed cocktails, mai tais, and fruit punch (VIPs have waiter service for drinks vice having to go to the bar)
Pricing
  • Adults (13 and over) - $85 plus ~$25 for transportation = $110
  • Children (6-12) - $50 plus ~$25 for transportation = $75
  • Lil' Children (5 and under) - $30 plus ~$25 for transportation (unless lap child) = $55

This is much more than the TravelZoo offer (basically $50/adult with free kids under 6), but you are paying for the VIP component which all the reviews I've read say will "make or break" your enjoyment as to this luau. But, it is also a significant discount over their posted VIP rates of $130/$75/$30

Here is the menu:

Salads & Sides
garden salad with papaya seed dressing & la scala vinaigrette
lomi-lomi relish
pancit noodle salad
ahi poke
maui onion & cucumber namasu
fresh pounded poi
Tropical Fruits
hawaiian papaya
maui gold pineapple
fresh seedless watermelon
Local Grinds
huli-huli chicken
kalua pork
cilantro crusted mahi-mahi with lemon-ginger beurre blanc
fried rice
asian stir-fried vegetable
teriyaki sauce & pineapple salsa
house baked poi rolls & butter
Desserts
chocolate & macadamia nut mousse pie
coconut haupia
fresh baked pineapple upside down cake
warm bread pudding with vanilla sauce
freshly brewed starbuck coffee & tazo tea

I am happy to make arrangements for those who want to still participate. I am also happy to look at other places if folks have some alternate ideas.

Just let me know your thoughts - either here or via PM

Sign me up, this sounds great espcially with the VIP treatment, what time are we leaving the boat? I am zip lining in Maui and want to make sure I am back in time

Thanks!!!

:dance3:

Sign me up, this sounds great espcially with the VIP treatment, what time are we leaving the boat? I am zip lining in Maui and want to make sure I am back in time

Thanks!!!

:dance3:

Since this luau starts at 5pm. We will leave the port at 4pm.

We will, however, be done earlier (8pm), so I expect to be back betwee 9-9:30pm. Lots more breathing room on the return which gets me from having an anyuerism thinking about the boat leaving without all of us!! :scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter