April 29, 2012 ~ Aloha! ~ Inagural Wonder to Hawaii-Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the good news is that I will not be sleeping in a life boat. I'll be on deck 1 in cabin 1042. The cabin does come with a complimentary oar and special directions to row while in cabin. They also mentioned that I will have to share with a crew member, but not to worry they do not have much time off so they will not disturbe me. Just kidding, I look forward to just being on board. After all, how much time do you spend in your cabin.

Thanks for the :lmao:!

6953855225_c197288db2.jpg

LOVE IT!!!

Jewelry doesn't take up as much space as - say - SHOES!:rotfl:

That's right! Obviously I need more jewelry! Oh, Cheryl...

Just exchanged e-mails with Cheryl and told her to let me know when she has earrings ready for CG and that I wanted a pair. She is also going to make a pin with one for me for my daughter, Catherine, who can't wear earrings and is coming to CG's with me :thumbsup2 Hmmm seems I remember Catherine suggesting that we bring less jewelry this trip...maybe I won't mention these ahead of time :rotfl2:

I heard back from Cheryl and she is going to hold my other earrings and add the champagne one. That's nice she is able to make a pin for Catherine. Why mention it ? Nice little gift given on that day. :goodvibes With this order I am DONE !!! I am NOT looking at anything else Cheryl makes !! Well at least till cruise is over with. :rotfl2:

Very Creative Val ! Add another to say I love it ! :thumbsup2

Quick notice to anyone interested -
My wife was just showing me how to log in and check our reservation and port adventures. We had gotten everything we wanted except for the luau (the Disney arranged Old Lahaina Luau). Well, checked that one out and it let us sign up for it now, so there may be some additional bookings available as well for those interested - at least worth a quick check if you're interested.

JimHB

Well, the good news is that I will not be sleeping in a life boat. I'll be on deck 1 in cabin 1042. The cabin does come with a complimentary oar and special directions to row while in cabin. They also mentioned that I will have to share with a crew member, but not to worry they do not have much time off so they will not disturbe me. Just kidding, I look forward to just being on board. After all, how much time do you spend in your cabin.

You'll be tifirst one off the ship!!!!!

Quick notice to anyone interested -
My wife was just showing me how to log in and check our reservation and port adventures. We had gotten everything we wanted except for the luau (the Disney arranged Old Lahaina Luau). Well, checked that one out and it let us sign up for it now, so there may be some additional bookings available as well for those interested - at least worth a quick check if you're interested.

JimHB

Glad you got it. It was nice of you to alert others. See you there!

We decided to go to DL for part of the day today. It was really warm (90 degrees). I just wanted to let you know that they had Mickey Ice Cream Bars.

South Africa was beautiful - we had a great time - we were in Cape Town, Knysna and Kapama(Kruger area) (flew in and out of Jo'burg but did not spend any time there). We would love to go back and spend more time!
So glad that you had such a great experience. You did some of the nicest parts of South Africa. We're from the Johannesburg area but love Cape Town, Knysna/Plettenberg Bay and of cause the Kruger Park.

Hey ladies......disneygal0614/Denise was talking to Cheryl and asked about getting Champagne Girls earrings made for our event. Cheryl came up with a wonderful design and will have them available for sale on her site soon. It's a pink bottle of champagne with Mickey's Champagne Girls written on it in black with a mickey head. It's really adorable and I know that all of our champagne girls will want to buy them, or at least, many of you. I can't wait until they are up on her site so you can see them.
Thanks Denise, you're the best for thinking of it and taking care of it with Cheryl.
Awww these sound too cute.

Adorable Val.
Again thank you for all you have done with the fabric and shirts!

I told Cheryl that we have nearly 100 champagne girls on this trip and most of them will want the earrings so she had better get busy. hahaha.

I'm going to want more than one pair. I have to get some for some of the original champagne girls that are not on this cruise and of course for my partner in dreaming up the champagne girls, Mandy/UKangel who had to cancel this cruise. I'm going to need a lot of earrings.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

That is great. I have already bought a few of her earrings which are great. Looking forward to seeing the PCG ones. Hope she gets them made so I would be able to buy them and get them for the Fantasy MV!

We decided to go to DL for part of the day today. It was really warm (90 degrees). I just wanted to let you know that they had Mickey Ice Cream Bars.

Also, someone posted on the main board that a recent cruise had them, or maybe it was the Fantasy party, but none the less, the header is Mickey Bars are back :)

Anrdrea

Grrrrr - we were a 10A GTY and got our stateroom assigned some time ago (#7003). As I'm sure most of you know, there aren't too many 10A staterooms - just a few on Deck 7 and Deck 5 all forward.

We had our ILs reservation linked to ours and they had a GTY 11B. Since there are no 11B staterooms on Deck 7, we had hoped they'd get upgraded to an 11A to be placed near us.

No such luck! :sad2:

In fact, they assigned them #5133 - 2 decks below us AND all the way aft!! :headache:

I just emailed Disney to see if we could get them moved to Deck 6 forward (#6303-6323). I also offered to upgrade them to 11A if they could give us #7009. Of course, any other 11A wouldn't really be worth the extra $$ especially if they have any of the Deck 6 11Bs that are right below us.

It will be a real hardship for them if they have to walk the whole length of the ship every time they want to see us. (sigh)

Any other suggestions as to how to get our rooms closer together?

Thanks
Stephanie

Stephanie, We have room 7001 which I think is right next to you. We would be willing to trade rooms with your In-Laws, except we need the deluxe inside which has the split bathroom. If Disney can move us to another cabin in our category or higher we would give up our room to help your situation. Just Pm me on face book or disboards and I can share our reservation number and we can talk with Disney. Hope we can help, Sharon

Stephanie, we're right next door to your parents in 5131. That's a GREAT location - you might want to leave them there. You won't spend that much time visiting in your rooms - more likely meeting up on deck or in a restaurant or something - it's very convenient for the restaurants and drink station AND it has an inside muster station in Animator's palette.

Your room is more convenient for the theatre and adult pool, it's true, but they're going to have to walk to something - there is no stateroom that's close to everything.

Does anyone know the difference in price if you upgrade when you get to the ship, as opposed to say like now? What are the chances we would be able to upgrade at the port, for significantly less than the regular price?
Since we didn't get a "Magical" free upgrade, I was wondering if there would be a chance to upgrade at the port, but not pay the "right now" price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter