April 29, 2012 ~ Aloha! ~ Inagural Wonder to Hawaii-Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
:thumbsup2 Thanks Lexa !! ;)

Bob and I LOVE Hawaiian Music and have a number of CDs. I have a beautiful recording of When you Wish Upon a Star in Hawaiian. I also have The Rainbow Connection. I'll see if I can post a link to them. Val

Looking forward to it! :woohoo:

I am one of the people who haven't sent the payment for our extra shirt yet!

If you will put us down for and XL, then you can send the L to Sandy. That would make 3size large and one size XL. I will get that paypal payment sent right away for Mike's shirt.

Connie

:hug:That is very sweet of you but I want to make sure that YOU GET THE RIGHT SIZES!!:hug:

:confused3. Not working for me. :sad2:

Could someone post a link please? ::yes::

:banana: THANKS !! :yay:

I just got my earrings today and it says they are from Hokey Donut (not Hokey Dokey). This may be the reason for the confusion.

Anyway, I love them. I got both the Surf Boards and the Disney Cruise line earrings. I made the mistake and ordered them in separate orders. Cheryl combined the orders for me and refunded me the extra shipping that I paid. And I got them the next day after ordering them and even with the customization I requested. Great vendor!

I just got my earrings today and it says they are from Hokey Donut (not Hokey Dokey). This may be the reason for the confusion.

Anyway, I love them. I got both the Surf Boards and the Disney Cruise line earrings. I made the mistake and ordered them in separate orders. Cheryl combined the orders for me and refunded me the extra shipping that I paid. And I got them the next day after ordering them and even with the customization I requested. Great vendor!

Thanks for the review. I'm headed over there now.

Good to hear. She just made some more and posted them today so I ordered 4 different pairs of dangle earrings. Cannot wait to see them in person and wear them. I love the ones with the mickey head and hawaiian flowers. They seem to be selling quickly as I just looked and all the style I purchased are gone now.

I'm waiting for mine.....

A place where you can buy and sell handmade or vintage items, art and supplies, the world's most vibrant handmade marketplace.

For those that like Etsy and/or have a warped sense of humour like me, you might like to try Regretsy.com - a site where they find the absolutely worst items on Etsy and highlight them. Its in part hilarious and in part revolting.

We have had some major stress this week. Qantas decided to cancel the Auckland/Los Angeles flights - they could get us to LA but not back (or at least not directly).

I got the dreaded email to say "your flights have changed, please call Customer Service). So I rang... sigh, the new flights were routed LA to Brisbane, then Brisbane to Auckland, then Auckland to Christchurch - taking the flight times all the way over the 24 hours duration. Not to mention they had us leaving Auckland before we arrived. The customer service rep tried to find us shorter flights and found one LA to Sydney then Sydney to Christchurch - still just over 20 hours... sigh.

While she was finding the flights, I quickly checked Air New Zealand and found flights that were much more direct and much faster. I politely requested a full refund on our flights which they granted and rebooked with ANZ .

Unfortunately, that meant finding $3700 at short notice to rebook until the refund comes through - OMG! I was lucky to find flights on the dates I needed and at a good price.

I should have just booked with ANZ all along, stupid mistake that I won't make again.

On top of this, we are dealing with some major health issues in the family, Robert's Dad is fighting the battle of his life with cancer and at this stage, it looks as if he will loose the battle fairly soon - he's only 67. For those who are friends on Facebook with Robert please don't say anything - he's keep it close to his chest at this stage. :sad1:

Anyway, I need to get on and organise the linked dining update, the candy swap and a few other odds and ends.

I think way back, someone volunteered for a "book/magazine swap/drop" bag at their door - anyone recall who? If not, I'm happy to do this and donate books to the crew at the end of the cruise. I guess the other question is, is anyone interested in a book swap? Or is everyone kindleing/ipading it these days? ;)

Would anyone be interested in dining at Beach Blanket Buffet (I think that's the Topsider's equivilent on the Wonder?)... on formal night?

In other words, a non-formal, formal night dinner? We don't do formal and even semi-formal is a struggle so will dine elsewhere and would love some company.

ATTENTION Goofprincess

I still need the lead name and reservation number for Goofprincess in order to link the dining. Can you please confirm it ASAP please. Thanks!

Anyone else interested in the Candy Swap?

Each player will be placed into a group with 10-12 others - and will leave a small snack size candy/chocolate bar in each of the other FEs in their group - this activity will closed approximately 1 month before sailing when groups will be arranged

To sign up, please do so on the Candy Swap tab on the spreadsheet, I will confirm with all players listed in a few weeks and confirm groups.

Still trying to catch up on this thread (whew...seems like I don't read for 3 days and there are 15+ pages to read!!) Here are a few replies:

Cayla,

I noticed on this cruise you are my next door neighbor. I'm 7638. Do you usually try to stay in the same level of cabin and have favorite deck? With 4 of the 5 :dance3: cruises this year on the wonder/magic design do you repeat the same cabin at all?

Just curious because this is only our 3rd Disney cruise and we have never been able to get the cabin we had the first time again...our favorite of any cruise line we have traveled. But this is the same cabin we had on the inaugural Alaska last April, purely by luck. Despite booking the first day we could getting any accessible cabin took months on a wait list :confused3

How about the rest of you gold and platinum members? Do you try for the same cabin usually or just any in the category you want?
Judy
I do not really have a favorite cabin. I would like to try a sidewise cabin one day. I do NOT like to be inside at all, and I also will not sail on deck 2 or 1. I like decks 6 & 7, have not sailed at concierge yet either...one day!

Ok, sorry I have been MIA, had oral surgery and was miserable for a few days! Have stitches for another week,who would have thought teeth could hurt so much!

Wow! I am glad you are doing better! Oral surgery is NO fun!

Now for the FE update , I have sent out a few emails for some updates on a few names but as of now we have 4 groups of 22.

Do you also have a list of those that want to "do them all"

I dont want to do groups, i am willing to give to everyone signed up, and i think there were several others who felt the same way.

Thanks for all your planning!

Andrea
Lizzy'sMom
I would like to do all the cabins - is that an option?

More later when I get my stuff (read act) together.

I finished my portion of the FE gifts for the Fantasy Maiden, now to start on this cruises! I am not sailing with my hunny (booked this before we met, and hunny doesn't have the vacation time to do this one :( ), sssooo, I am doing the FE's all by myself. Not too bad, I hope.

Cayla

We are staying at The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian for a few days before the cruise and flying into LAX. Does anyone have any experience, good or bad, of town car providers? :car:

For those that like Etsy and/or have a warped sense of humour like me, you might like to try Regretsy.com - a site where they find the absolutely worst items on Etsy and highlight them. Its in part hilarious and in part revolting.

We have had some major stress this week. Qantas decided to cancel the Auckland/Los Angeles flights - they could get us to LA but not back (or at least not directly).

I got the dreaded email to say "your flights have changed, please call Customer Service). So I rang... sigh, the new flights were routed LA to Brisbane, then Brisbane to Auckland, then Auckland to Christchurch - taking the flight times all the way over the 24 hours duration. Not to mention they had us leaving Auckland before we arrived. The customer service rep tried to find us shorter flights and found one LA to Sydney then Sydney to Christchurch - still just over 20 hours... sigh.

While she was finding the flights, I quickly checked Air New Zealand and found flights that were much more direct and much faster. I politely requested a full refund on our flights which they granted and rebooked with ANZ .

Unfortunately, that meant finding $3700 at short notice to rebook until the refund comes through - OMG! I was lucky to find flights on the dates I needed and at a good price.

I should have just booked with ANZ all along, stupid mistake that I won't make again.

On top of this, we are dealing with some major health issues in the family, Robert's Dad is fighting the battle of his life with cancer and at this stage, it looks as if he will loose the battle fairly soon - he's only 67. For those who are friends on Facebook with Robert please don't say anything - he's keep it close to his chest at this stage. :sad1:

Anyway, I need to get on and organise the linked dining update, the candy swap and a few other odds and ends.

I think way back, someone volunteered for a "book/magazine swap/drop" bag at their door - anyone recall who? If not, I'm happy to do this and donate books to the crew at the end of the cruise. I guess the other question is, is anyone interested in a book swap? Or is everyone kindleing/ipading it these days? ;)

Paula - our thoughts are with you and your family.

I was reading an article on Christchurch last week. It showed pictures of areas of the city that are still recovering from the quake. One picture was of a hill of rubble in front of a lovely stone church.

I think I may have volunteered to do the book swap and can this time if you like. We are in cabin 6606, which is mid ship. You if want to take it on that is good too. I love actual books. Last night we went to the San Francisco Orchid Show gala (have a bit of the "flu" this morning). Around the corner from the pier where the event is held is the Friends of the San Francisco Library store. They were having a $1 sale on new press release books and I picked up 25. That should keep me a week or two.

Port Location:

Nawiliwili Harbor, Kauai

3242 Waapa Road
Lihue, HI 96766
United States

Kahului Harbor, Maui

103 Ala Luina Street
Kahului, HI 96732
United States

Cant seem to locate an address for Hilo but we dock at Hilo Bay.

Thanks.

I was even looking in the Hawaii by Cruise Ship book and could not find any addresses or zip codes in there. This really helps.

We are staying at The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian for a few days before the cruise and flying into LAX. Does anyone have any experience, good or bad, of town car providers? :car:

http://www.goldenwestexpress.com

I HIGHLY recommend them. They were first recommended to me by Noel. I tried them after the WBPC and I'm so glad I did. We had our luggage taken after the cruise. We didn't leave the terminal until about 2 hours after we were scheduled for pick up by golden west. We called to let them know. No problem. They waited for us and didn't charge us anything for the additional time. We left a good tip. I have used them everytime I needed car service on the West coast. I will use them again for this trip.

Sadly, I am going to have to CLOSE the Champagne Girls tasting. We have nearly 100 ladies attending. I don't even know if DCL can accommodate all of us. But I can't add anymore because I'll go broke paying for all the champagne and I will run out of pink flowers and leis. So.......

The Champagne Girls tasting is officially closed to any newcomers. If I already have your name, you will be added. But I will not be taking any new names.

Could someone please make a note on page one that the event is now CLOSED. Thanks.

Paula, you and your family are in my prayers.

I'm going to hop over to Etsy to check out those earrings, wouldn't it be funny if all us girls wore the same style earrings to dinner!

I reallly have the urge to start packing but the hub says NO suit cases on the living room floor before April 1st. I'm mentally packing right now, lol.

Paula, you and your family are in my prayers.

I'm going to hop over to Etsy to check out those earrings, wouldn't it be funny if all us girls wore the same style earrings to dinner!

I reallly have the urge to start packing but the hub says NO suit cases on the living room floor before April 1st. I'm mentally packing right now, lol.

Paula, we will keep you and your family in our thoughts. :grouphug:

I have spare bedroom where I already started collecting stuff we will take with us. This year i'm trying not to overdo...but we are going for two weeks!!!!

Paula, we will keep you and your family in our thoughts. :grouphug:

I have spare bedroom where I already started collecting stuff we will take with us. This year i'm trying not to overdo...but we are going for two weeks!!!!

I am afraid if I start packing to early, I will forget LOTS of stuff. I seem to be a better "last minute" packer! Either that or a very big procrastinator! (sp)

http://www.goldenwestexpress.com

I HIGHLY recommend them. They were first recommended to me by Noel. I tried them after the WBPC and I'm so glad I did. We had our luggage taken after the cruise. We didn't leave the terminal until about 2 hours after we were scheduled for pick up by golden west. We called to let them know. No problem. They waited for us and didn't charge us anything for the additional time. We left a good tip. I have used them everytime I needed car service on the West coast. I will use them again for this trip.

Thanks for the recommendation, Deb. Scott and I can't agree what to do. We're booked on DCL's transpo from VGC to the pier but I feel they pick up too late. I really need to get in the Palo queue asap and I think a 12:00-12:15 departure might put me too far back in line. OTOH, the entire point of using DCL is for the convenience. But for me, schlepping my own bags is worth it if I get Palo ressies when I'd like. For DH, he loves the idea of just putting the bags outside the door, hopping a bus after a nice leisurely morning and b/fast, and arriving when we arrive. I've requested a quote from this company and if they're anywhere close to DCL's price I'm going to put on the pressure, hahaha! Thanks again!

debg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter