April 29, 2012 ~ Aloha! ~ Inagural Wonder to Hawaii-Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Checking in. Haven't been on the boards lately. Work is getting busy and doesn't look like it will slow down as long as I am not on vacation.

I am training for the Disney Marathon (first time for that too) so I will be running everyday on deck 4 so if you see a women who looks like she is about to pass out that would be me so please say hi. I am looking forward to meeting everyone.

Kristan

Which run are you doing? I did my first half this year, followed by my second the next day. So, next year going for the Goofy.

Jon

i put the flowers together with the hair clips for the champagne girls. How do they look:

424654_3065102960037_1637421013_2536037_515888043_n.jpg

cute cute cute

My group is taking the Hollywood & Waterfalls tour. :goodvibes If you get a chance you need to see the Descendants ! The whole movie is filmed in Hawaii and there is a scene in a rest. the same rest. that we will be having our lunch on the tour. ;) Excursions are taken from on board account.
:dance3: I'm so excited - this will be the closest I'll ever get to George Clooney! :lmao: I'm hoping to see the movie soon. My son is a budding movie maker, he's taken a number of filmmaking and visual editing and effects makeup classes. We just did the Universal VIP tour last year, so he's excited about this one also.

The "one size tube dress" says fits chest 30"-36". That's one size??? :rotfl2::rotfl: There is no way this chest would fit in a 36" tube. :sad2:
Yep - one size... only one though... not for the majority of people! :rotfl:

I am not a seamstress....HELP.

I can either match the border at the bottom of the skirt, or have a full pattern on the front. Having a full pattern on the front looks nice but the hem will look terrible compared to the back.....

Anyone out there to help?

I see no one answered your call for help. I am sure it is because we aren't sure what to tell you. Are you using both of the fabric sections you have for the skirt? Don't know if this helps but can you put the skirt pattern bottoms, both the front and the back pieces so they are just below the text border? That way while you wouldn't be matching the side seems, the patterns would match? Wish I was there to help you. Val

Checking in. Haven't been on the boards lately. Work is getting busy and doesn't look like it will slow down as long as I am not on vacation.

Which run are you doing? I did my first half this year, followed by my second the next day. So, next year going for the Goofy.

Jon

Congrats on the runs and good luck with the Goofy. I am impressed. I am hoping to run the full next year. Some days after my runs, which I am only at the three mile mark right now, I wonder what I have gotten myself into but I am determined to run a marathon.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Kristan

THIS IS FOR ERIK.......

I heard back from KrisannB on FB. She had to cancel this cruise so we can take her off of all the lists. She said she sent you an email, but that she has been having technical problems and maybe you didn't get it.

OK, thanks. I have removed them.....took those four off but also got a new request today for 3 more...so it kinda balanced out.

Sending an update shortly to the owner of our first post so they can update the lanyard info there.

Saw Beauty and the Beast on Broadway made me more excited for the cruise. There was even a little girl in her Belle dress, it was very well done. Especially Gaston!!

I have not figured out how to post picture. But Mandy one of the DISigners did a great Stitch picture for me, that says here comes trouble and Hawaii underneath. It is great for my DS, and I thought if the other Stitch lovers out there might like it too

Hello all.....need some info....although we have been on many cruises we have never participated in the FE groups....my question is what do you give to the people participating in this? I guess what I am asking is I need some ideas from you experts on these.

Thanks you your help.
Tom & Marilou

I have not figured out how to post picture. But Mandy one of the DISigners did a great Stitch picture for me, that says here comes trouble and Hawaii underneath. It is great for my DS, and I thought if the other Stitch lovers out there might like it too

I hope you don't mind I went and look for this great design :)

Here it is....

stitch.jpg

Hello all.....need some info....although we have been on many cruises we have never participated in the FE groups....my question is what do you give to the people participating in this? I guess what I am asking is I need some ideas from you experts on these.

Thanks you your help.
Tom & Marilou

There are some great threads on DIS board about FE gifts....you might look through them and find an idea....

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1980639

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1774643

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2473209

Thanks you your help.
Tom & Marilou

Some people give candy, glow in the dark items, magnets, first aid kits, tatoos, stickers, highlighters, bookmarkers, items from their states etc. Some people are crafty and make homemade items. No matter what you give it's about having fun. Anything and everything is welcome.

GOOD Morning, Happy Cruisers!

Finally had a little snow last night - but it's already melted off the road. Some winter!

My FE gifts are done - one per cabin - NOW all I've got to do is get them to California.

People who've driven on various islands in Hawaii - Please comment on your experiences - where do we not want to drive? What to watch out for?

Happy Day, all!

Thanks for sharing!

Nice :thumbsup2

After we had booked Aulani we were hoping to switch our beach excursion in Kauai to the Hollywood and Waterfalls tour. Unfortunately it wouldn't let me book it for the 3 of us, and became sold out. But we were able to switch it today. :cool1:

BTW - when do we pay for the excursions booked? Do they take it out of the onboard account?

Yes, this is taken out of your onboard account.

The "one size tube dress" says fits chest 30"-36". That's one size??? :rotfl2::rotfl: There is no way this chest would fit in a 36" tube. :sad2:

In the full description it says Elastic Tube Top (Expand from minimum 24" to maximum 52"). Most of my dresses have a 50" chest and they fit like I have been sewn into them so that should be OK.

I hope you don't mind I went and look for this great design :)

Here it is....

stitch.jpg

I love this design. That is one of the advantages of doing a Hawaii cruise, I can go totally over board with Stitch magnets.

Well, I have had a productive weekend. I found a bag of beads that I had not realized that I had so all the Fish Extender gifts for the boys and girls are pretty much done apart from the final embellishment, which I can hopefully do Monday and Tuesday. I also managed to get my magnets done and book the seats for our return flights. The job for today is updating our ESTAs.

Corinna

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter