April 29, 2007 Disney Wonder-Who's going to be there??

LOL at myself! The meet said April 29, 2006 Eastern - not 2007. Oh, brother, I'm losing it! :rolleyes:

Just checked out the a recent trip report from someone who just got off a 4-night Wonder on Jan 11th. Jaysmom4285 reports:

While in Nassau, we did the historic tour (having done the Atlantis tour twice), and DD and I shopped, then came back to the ship for some pool and sun time. I noted on the shore excusions that they are now offering an Atlantis excursion that gives access to the pools and slides. I gather it's fairly new.

That would be terrific! I'll try to post in the next couple of days whether it's being offered on our cruise, since I'll be making our ressies tomorrow early AM. Tomorrow's going to be a very hectic day for me, so don't know if I'll post tomorrow, but I will soon. Keep your fingers crossed - I think that would be great!

Great to see this cruise getting closer! Noah is really excited - we made a calendar on-line, and a photo of the the "Mickey Ship" is what we used for as the picture for April - with Castaway Cay for May - and PIRATES for June! My wife, Doris, is a seamstress so I imagine that we will go all out for Pirate Night! As I mentioned in an earlier post, Noah LOVED the Oceaneer's Club - it was hard to get him away. Oh, - here is a tip for the young ones - on the last cruise, Noah got cold rather quickly while playing in the mickey pool and on the dolphin excursion - he was shivering like mad, but would not stop playing of course. This time around we will being a kid neoprene wet suit that covers the arms and lower and upper torso - kind of like a mini surfer dude! Hopefully that will help.

I'm still looking for a fishing partner for a half day guided trip - Nassau afternoon! Gotta catch a bonefish!

Perhaps we could all meet up on Deck 9 by the Goofy Pool around 2:30 - 3PM before the lifeboat drill. That will certainly be a nice start!pirate:

:cutie: :hug: Hi All

I've just registared,so please excuse me having no fancy pictures ect.I haven't a clue what to do here.Anyways we,myself,my husband and our 6yr daughter Ellen will be on the cruise 29 April and we cant wait.we are living in ireland so you can imagine how big a deal this is for us.We will be spending a total of 3 weeks in Florida(inclunding time spent on Wonder).This will our 8th visit to Florida,our daughters 4th and our 1st cruise together as a family.Hope to see you all there.

Irish Family

Glad to have you to the boards.....welcome!!

hope you enjoy the cruise. we cant wait to go!! We are doing a quick trip to wdw feb 24-27 as a pre-trip to the cruise.

Today is the 90 day mark. :thumbsup2

For once I was lucky to be in California, as instead of my usual wake up at 4:00 a.m. to make reservations, I was able to stay up until midnight and make our reservations on-line. I was getting a little nervous after reading some posts of people who had trouble making Palo reservations. When I was on-line last night everthing was available. We made reservations for Dinner on the 1st night and Brunch on the last sea day. So glad that is out of the way.

Sorry, hope I am not gloating too much!! We were lucky since we were castaway members. If some of you are unable to get Palo reservations, I have heard of people adding others to their reservation. Something we could try. Though I am not sure how to do it.

Heather

we also made our palo brunch reservations, and made res for palo dinner for night 2 i believe at 9 pm. if they have pirate night then, we will cancel or change it. we dont want to miss the shows either and have 2nd dining in main dining places with kids.

I was going to post yesterday but I think my family will also be on this cruise! It will be me, DH, DD 5, DD 3 and DS 1. So add another 5 year old to the list!

We have booked our airfare and have our staterooms on hold with DCL so its very very likely!

This will be our first cruise and will be a big surprise to the kids since they have no idea we are thinking of going.

I can't wait until DH gets home and we decide for sure and then I can pay and start trying to book Palo and our Excursions!

Welcome Aneille - hope all works out and you can join us! (Just can't have too many 5-year olds)!

The meet at 2:30 or 3:00 sounds great - I think we have some sort of concierge thing, but I don't have a clue when it would be that afternoon, so we'll sure be there if we can!

The new Atlantis excursion I mentioned about a month ago turns out to be pretty expensive per person, and only worth it if you have very few in your party. At this point, I feel that I would be truly happy just sitting on the Verandah and not worrying about trekking around Nassau.

70 mile per hour winds this morning in Cheyenne. I haven't seen any pieces of the roof or the siding from the house flying around in the yard, so I guess we're holding up fine. Of course, that doesn't mean anything.... it could be in Nebraska by now. :laughing: Spring cannot come too quickly.

DS and I made a paper chain to count down the days to the trip. Man, that thing is way too long! :sad2:

Hope everyone is having a good week!

Leslie

Well we are booked! No turning back now!

I want to tell the kids so bad but they will be so crazy the next few months we are making it a surprise! Its killing me already!

We booked Palo for the first night. I hope thats going to work out okay! And we booked our youngest some time at Flounders!

Can you go over the 10 hours if there is availability once you are on the ship?

Just wanted to introduce my family. We will also be sailing on the Wonder on the 29th. I am so excited. It will be myself, DH, DS (6) Aunt and Grama. When we were planning my son's 4th birthday present (2 weeks at disney) I promised him he could sleep on Mickey's boat when he turned 7. It seems like yesterday but it is only 10 weeks away. We upgraded from a category 4 to a category 3. He is going to be so excited. I can't wait to see his expression along with my Aunt who will also be celebrating a birthday. This is her first real vacation. Looking forward to it!!!!:yay:

Just got my vacation approved, so we are going, (myself, DW, DS 4 and DS 8 months) We were supposed to go last year but had to cancel, this year there is no stopping us. We are all really excited!!!!:cool1: :banana: :cheer2:
This will be our first cruise
Does anyone know if we have to pay for food on Castaway Cay?

Wow! Many of the kids are around the same age! I am sure we will see all of you at the kids clubs!

We can't wait!

We'll be there....me, DH & DD (5)......yes, another 5 year old!

This will be our first Disney Cruise and we're very excited. We're following it up with a 6 night stay at the Yacht Club Resort.

Welcome everyone to the group! Glad to see that others are "checking in"! I don't think there is anything other than alcohol that you would need to pay for at Castaway Cay. I've read from other posts that the barbeque provided at lunch time is VERY good!!

Everyone have a great day!

We'll be on this one as well:

Rick (56)
Pat (DW - ageless)
Kristy (DD - 14)
Lydia (Granddaughter - 7)

We were on two DCL cruises last year: 7 nights on the Magic and 10 on the Wonder and booked this one when the Florida rates were announced last week. It will be Princess Lydia's first cruise!

Great to see that the family is growing - with an abundance of 5 year-olds it appears! If anyone would like to get together and meet each other, I'd suggest 3 pm up on deck 10 mid-ship on the same side as the port. This is above the Goofy pool. At 3pm it isn't too crowded yet so we can all meet and hear each other. We will get to meet for a good 30-45 minutes or so before having to leave for the lifeboat drill. With the Weagles wiil be me, Doris (my Wife) son Noah (5 years old) and my parents. It will be fun to meet you all. By the way, Aneille - we are dining in Palo the first night also - it is a great way to begin the cruise!

And ... fishing anyone? I'm lookng for someone to join me and split the guide fee for an afternoon flyfishing while on Nassau! (1 - 5 ish) for the elusive and speedy bonefish! Here is the link http://bestonbahamas.com/captainsimon.html

Olliepirate: :cool1: pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter