April 27th AP Event

cinderellabride2011

Earning My Ears
My DH and I have registered for this event! I've never been to an AP event before and wondering what to expect! Are rides open? Anything extra special going on? How are crowds at this event? TIA!!

On April 27, the west side of Disneyland Park (Adventureland, Frontierland and Critter Country) will be open, with most of those attractions running, along with selected dining and merchandise locations. There will also be entertainment. At the Indy 20th anniversary event, there was an 11:30pm performance of Fantasmic, along with a band, and other surprises.

On August 31, the entire park is expected to be open. Same drill, but the 60th anniversary stuff will be going on as well. So that night could be a lot more exciting.

How are ap's supposed to find this stuff out? Is it on the website, or was there an email? I've been a premium or premier ap for the past 10 years & have never heard of anything like this.

It is still listed as closing at 9:00 on the 27th. Does this mean AP'ers will be flooding the park while those at the park will be trying to leave? I hope this doesn't effect anything on that Monday during the day (crowds, closures) for us out of towners doing our twice in a lifetime trips.

How are ap's supposed to find this stuff out? Is it on the website, or was there an email? I've been a premium or premier ap for the past 10 years & have never heard of anything like this.
This is a special even for AP holders whose passes will expire between now and September I think. so if your pass does not expire that might be why. I think these parties are relatively new, as the last pass we had the only offered the usual discount to re-upp and not much else.

The April 27th and Aug 31st events are for AP holders whose passes expire between May 24th and Sept 12th. I got a notice in the mail. I heard the April event is already filled, but there are still openings for the Aug event. :)

My kids' (both minors) AP's expire in June and we never received anything in the mail or via email about either of these events. Do you suppose it's because they're kids?

I'm so glad I saw this, it reminded me to register for the August event. So it would seem that only deluxe and premium AP can register for the August party, right? Because the other two passes are blocked in August.

We did last summers AP party and the IJ party last month. The one last summer was at DCA and it was fun but my daughter couldn't stay up late. The IJ event was super fun and I left the kiddo at home. The showing of Fantasmic was really cool, no waiting. We just walked up, sat down and the show started. We rode IJ three times in a row.

I'm so glad I saw this, it reminded me to register for the August event. So it would seem that only deluxe and premium AP can register for the August party, right? Because the other two passes are blocked in August.

We did last summers AP party and the IJ party last month. The one last summer was at DCA and it was fun but my daughter couldn't stay up late. The IJ event was super fun and I left the kiddo at home. The showing of Fantasmic was really cool, no waiting. We just walked up, sat down and the show started. We rode IJ three times in a row.

All passes are valid for the Monday, August 31 event - no blackouts.

My kids' (both minors) AP's expire in June and we never received anything in the mail or via email about either of these events. Do you suppose it's because they're kids?

Most likely. You have to be 18 or over to be the primary registrant. It asks for your birthday as well when registering. If an adult has an AP though, they can be the primary registrant and add on minor AP's as additional attendees.

Also of note. If your AP expires prior to August 31, as ours does, you can still register for the August 31 event. But since only AP holders will be able to enter the event, you'd need to be 100% sure you'll be renewing to attend.

Most of the time for AP events I have NEVER received notice of them in the years I've had my AP. I finally just started checking the AP event page every week for events because I got tired of missing out.

This is a special even for AP holders whose passes will expire between now and September I think. so if your pass does not expire that might be why. I think these parties are relatively new, as the last pass we had the only offered the usual discount to re-upp and not much else.

Okay, makes sense ...thanks for the info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter