• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

APRIL 26th: details about The Magic to be announced!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When is the Magic's dry dock that will include all of this? I'll put that Med. cruise on the Magic back on my list then :) Any mention of similar plans for the Wonder?

The Magic is going for her drydock at the end of her Med season this September. The rumor for the Wonder is her drydock will be next fall.

so..where will the announcment be made? On the Magic? That would be nice since we are boarding that day :)

I could see makeovers for the magic and wonder but I really don't see two new ships. DCL doesn't need them unless they plan on sailing to asia or australia or south america. Frankly they are having problems with finding itineraries for the wonder now that it doesn't sail to mexico anymore. I wonder how the hawaii cruises went. That makes more sense than going through the canal twice a year. They could even do a couple of brazil cruises.That would be interesting

What happened to Captain Fabian? He was just the Captain on the Wonder in February for us.

And I totally agree. I love the older ships!!

He wasn't shy at all about his preference for the Magic and Wonder. He was one of the original captains, on the opening team. Among other things, he prefers the more maneuverable "classic" ships. "We get to drive the Ferraris while (the Dream and Fantasy captains) get to drive the buses."

Well said, sir.
That is GREAT news! All was in order on our two Magic cruises. A well maintained and fantastic ship! Now, to get enough money saved for our next one...:scratchin

cmash95 said:
I could see makeovers for the magic and wonder but I really don't see two new ships. DCL doesn't need them unless they plan on sailing to asia or australia or south america. Frankly they are having problems with finding itineraries for the wonder now that it doesn't sail to mexico anymore. I wonder how the hawaii cruises went. That makes more sense than going through the canal twice a year. They could even do a couple of brazil cruises.That would be interesting

The manager of my Starbucks boyfriend is on the Fantasy and he is hearing that Australia may be a real possibility, along with another Hawaii cruise.

Anxiously awaiting ... we are booked on Magic for January. I love the classics!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

Booked Magic for 12/27. But it's not concrete - it depends on if I "have" to go to WDW or DL in October. If either of those happen, then Magic it is in 12/27. If not, it'll be WDW during xmas.

If not, I might move it to Feb during president's weekend...

We just emailed our TA to book this. It will just be my husband and I on this one. Do you have a thread started?

I did post looking for people for Nov 6. I have no idea how to get the link to you...not exactly a tech wizard. I also find that things are not as obvious looking at this via my iPad...

Just as expected, The Magic is indeed getting a facelift. I love the plan to add O'Gills Pub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter