• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April 26 - May 3, 2008 Caribbean Crazy Cruisers

Status
Not open for further replies.
zerog said:
Did you paste the photo into another application (like Word or MS Paint) to print it? :confused:

To answer my own question, I had the best luck with MS Paint. I had to adjust the margins and some other page settings to get it to fit on one page. There is a quarter inch white margin around the sides. PS: Shhhhh - the kids don't know about the door signs.

Kylerdoor.jpg

How's the weather in Florida now? Should give a good indication of what it will be like in 2 weeks, probably a little warmer.

jetanlori said:
How's the weather in Florida now? Should give a good indication of what it will be like in 2 weeks, probably a little warmer.

The last 2 mornings it's been a little cool (high 60s to low 70s) around 7am (light jacket recommended). It has been getting to the low to mid 80s in the afternoon. We've also been getting some rain, which tends to cool things off.

Sunday, I went to the pool for about 3 hours. I got slightly sunburned and I have a dark complexion. Three hours at the pool still took a lot out of me - when I got home, I just wanted to take a nap.

For those not used to the tropical environment, I can't emphasize enough to drink drink drink drink water! Have soda, beer, whatever .. but you've gotta mix in some H20. Of course, use sunblock like its going out of style. I saw many red backs/bellies this weekend. It doesn't take long and you won't feel the full brunt of a sunburn till the next day.

Hi Kay
How did you print out your door sign? Did the photo take up the entire 8.5 x 11 sheet (with a small margin)? Did you print it in landscape or portrait? And finally, did you paste the photo into another application (like Word or MS Paint) to print it? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Thanx,
Randy

Hi Randy! I didn't even print it yet. Will let you know when I do!

Looks like it is sunny and 80's this week down there...yeah!!! Can't wait especially since we still have snow on the ground up here in NH! Got your e-mail but I can't respond until I've posted 10 times....keep getting an error message :confused3 My son is 10, turning 11 on April 21st! I did sign him up for the Oceaneers Club. Last year on our 3 night DCL he went to the club a couple of times but didn't really meet new friends so I'm hoping this year he will!!

Hi, we are also joining you on the cruise!! Our group is DH(41), DD(almost 13), DS(11), DD (7), DS (5 1/2), DMIL, and myself (41). This will be our second cruise, did the western in May 2006!
My oldest DD is looking for a penpal before we go....PM me and I will send you her e-mail!! She likes skating, soccer, snowboarding, and volleyball. I am sure my DS 11 would also like one!!
Cari:goodvibes

welcome Cari (and everyone else that I haven't welcomed, I am not trying to ignore you, I just miss things sometimes!). 2 more weeks of work for me!! :banana: :yay:

Hi, we are also joining you on the cruise!! Our group is DH(41), DD(almost 13), DS(11), DD (7), DS (5 1/2), DMIL, and myself (41). This will be our second cruise, did the western in May 2006!
My oldest DD is looking for a penpal before we go....PM me and I will send you her e-mail!! She likes skating, soccer, snowboarding, and volleyball. I am sure my DS 11 would also like one!!
Cari:goodvibes

Welcome Cari! Happy to see you and your crew joining us.

WOW welcome to all the new cruisers:cheer2: I can't believe just how big our little group is becoming. Chris and i keep wondering who we will sit with at dinner, maybe it will be someone from our group. I can't believe we are leaving so soon. I have a few things on my list and that is it. Saturday it is really going to hit me because that when we need to get a lot of stuff done...oil change for the car, haircuts, for the boys, clean the house for the pet sitter....the list goes on and on.

I have a couple of questions...
Will the pools be open as soon as we board?
I know we have been talking about weather do you think I would need to pack more than one pair of jeans per person for the week we are in FL before the cruise?
Ok this one might seem like a very strange question, but who else am I gonna ask???
I would consider my family pretty devout Christians, we pray before every meal. My husband and I understand not wanting to make another family we are sitting with uncomfortable so we would just pray before we went to the dining room, but it concerns us the appearance we would give to our children. That they should be embarrassed of there faith. Has anyone ever sat with a family on a cruise that prayed before, or if you do how do you handle the situation. We have been knocking this question around my house for months, and I didn't want to ask it on the open message boards in fear of getting flamed!!!

Zerog...I know we are in the same area of the ship...I was thrilled to see we got lime green luggage tags!!!

Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah Tip Of The Day

For an early morning wake-up to a late night before bed snack you only have to pick up the phone. That's right room service is available 24 hours a day.

For a continental breakfast or your morning coffee you can hang your order outside your door. Or how about a mid-day treat (they used to offer a soup that Mark loved). Don't forget milk and cookies before bed. You can even order a :mickeybar

Here's the tip. Before you leave home collect one dollar bills in a small envelope. Keep this near the door (there is a small chest of drawers right next to the closet and we keep ours in the top drawer). Now you'll always have a dollar or two for tipping room service.

Want to be more inventive? Take dollar coins or $2 bills.

See below for some answers.

WOW welcome to all the new cruisers:cheer2: I can't believe just how big our little group is becoming. Chris and i keep wondering who we will sit with at dinner, maybe it will be someone from our group. If there is someone from the group you want to eat with you can call DCL and link your dining. That's what Karen and I did. We've linked dining with other DISers for a number of cruises now. Since you aleady have something in common it makes dinner that much more fun.

I have a couple of questions...
Will the pools be open as soon as we board? Yes they will. I've got a great picture somewhere of Karen's kids being the only ones in the Mickey pool from the 2005 Member Cruise I think. We were on our way up to Beach Blanket and saw them in the pool.

I know we have been talking about weather do you think I would need to pack more than one pair of jeans per person for the week we are in FL before the cruise? Personally I wouldn't. We only pack jeans for the flight home. I find April/May in FL to be warm enough for shorts or khakis all the time.

Ok this one might seem like a very strange question, but who else am I gonna ask???
I would consider my family pretty devout Christians, we pray before every meal. My husband and I understand not wanting to make another family we are sitting with uncomfortable so we would just pray before we went to the dining room, but it concerns us the appearance we would give to our children. That they should be embarrassed of there faith. Has anyone ever sat with a family on a cruise that prayed before, or if you do how do you handle the situation. We have been knocking this question around my house for months, and I didn't want to ask it on the open message boards in fear of getting flamed!!! I wouldn't compromise your beliefs. I would suggest that the first night you tell your tablemates so they know what to expect. Then as long as your prayers aren't long and elaborate (jumping up and down for example) I think you will be fine.

Zerog...I know we are in the same area of the ship...I was thrilled to see we got lime green luggage tags!!!

OUR -- CRAZY -- CRUISERS

Weekly update:

There are about 100 people and counting.

WDWLVR: (Illinois) Mary 51, Mark 41
OhioMinnie: (Ohio) Karen 40, Mike 40, KT 13, Nick 11
Dreamcometrue: (California) Kay 34, Alan 36, Josh 12, Kaylee 8
Floridahippy: Fi 50, Pete 55
wdwluvrs: (New York) Mike 55, Eileen 54
camom3*: (Calif) Jennifer 40, Paul 43, DD15, DD12, DD8
footnotegirl: Jennie 37 Perrin 42
LCTonra: (New Jersey) Laura 30 Chris 39 Katie 7 Joseph 2
ldcruisers and debsants: (Massachusetts) Lee 65 and Debra 57
zerog: (Florida) Randy 48, Steph 34, Kyler 8, Taryn 5
Myers Family: (Pennsylvania) Patty 39, Mark 39, Austin 15, Julie 10, Alec 9
stevenmtl (Montreal, Canada): Steven 40 Beth 40 Jaycie 10 Ryan 8
tinkerone (Oh Canada) : Judy 52 Rob 54.
sam2cam: (?) Samantha 26 DH=Colorado 33 Tanner 9
happysandyrella: Sandy 57 Gary
speakupjc: (Kentucky) George 43 Dantzler 47 Catherine 4.99
AC & Savy's Mom (?)Tami 28 Tom 31 Anthony 4 Savannah 2 + DH's mother, grandfather, aunt, brother and his gf
ccrew: (?) DH, DW, DS11 DD8
AmyandMichael: (Georgia) Amy 33 Michael 37 and the parents: Tom and Barbara (Ohio)
Foremanmk1: (?) Kelly [Amy & Michael's sis] 32 Janie 7 Seth 5 Owen 3
JetanLori: (Boston) me, my mother, and DS8
BumbleBee3: (?) DH, DW, DD5, DD3, and DS1
VooDoo: (Utah) Francine, Dave, and Augusta 5
debi0728: (New Hampshire) Debi 54 & Jae 11
qohweddings: (Philadelphia) Mark and Chuck
Warren Family: (Zebulon, NC) Joe, Rhonda, & Baby Red Bird DD=McKenna
sammy_and_mikeys_dad: (?) dh, dw, dd2 and ds0 + 107 strong family reunion.
crazypom: (Vernon, BC) Cari (41) DH(41), DD(almost 13), DS(11), DD (7), DS (5 1/2), & DMIL :wave:

HONORABLE MENTION: daisy112878 - Who had to cancel cruise when she got pregnant.

Member Gallery Update!

We had an addition to the web page. Rhonda (Warren Family) sent in info and a picture of her family. Stop by and meet them.

LCtonra said:
Will the pools be open as soon as we board?

Do you think I would need to pack more than one pair of jeans per person for the week we are in FL before the cruise?

Has anyone ever sat with a family on a cruise that prayed before, or if you do how do you handle the situation.

POOL: The pool will be wide open for about the 1st hour and a half after boarding. The trick is to try to get a lounge chair up front. As the kid's pool starts to get busy, you may have a tough time finding your child if you don't have that lounge chair in the front row.

JEANS: The weather is quite nice right now, but can get a little cool (early morning and evenings) if there is a stiff breeze. You could get away with wearing shorts along with a light jacket/sweatshirt.

PRAYER: We are not church going types, yet we would not be offended in the least if someone at our table proceeded to say a prayer. On the contrary, we would find your actions admirable.

STATEROOM: We are 3 doors down from you in 2547 (we're in a corner room).

WEATHER UPDATE

72°F | 46°F ---- Tuesday

72°F | 45°F ---- Wednesday

70°F | 53°F ---- Thursday

GOOD NEWS: Beautiful weather for WDW!
BAD NEWS: Can definitely get chilly, especially with a strong breeze.

I would consider my family pretty devout Christians, we pray before every meal. My husband and I understand not wanting to make another family we are sitting with uncomfortable so we would just pray before we went to the dining room, but it concerns us the appearance we would give to our children. That they should be embarrassed of there faith. Has anyone ever sat with a family on a cruise that prayed before, or if you do how do you handle the situation. We have been knocking this question around my house for months, and I didn't want to ask it on the open message boards in fear of getting flamed!!!

I'm thinking this angle....
The dining rooms are pretty chaotic as people are being seated. Your assistant server will more than likely be right over getting drink orders. Your server will be there explaining the menu selections, etc etc. At some meals, photographers will be coming around to take pictures.
I'd explain to your kids that the dining rooms are noisy and have many distractions, and you'd like to be able to pray without those distractions. I don't know if you pray out loud or just to yourselves, but if it's out loud, it'll be difficult to hear around the table.
So explain that's why you'll do it in the room just before you head down.
Just a thought.
HTH.

I wouldn't compromise your beliefs. I would suggest that the first night you tell your tablemates so they know what to expect. Then as long as your prayers aren't long and elaborate (jumping up and down for example) I think you will be fine.

Yeah, or what Mary said.

I did see the most recent list of cruisers (I had forgotten your kids' ages)....
They are little, they may not understand my explanation so well. I'd go with Mary's idea.

I'm the chilly type...so I'll have a pair of jeans. Especially if we're out on deck in the evening. I can't just hang over the railing and enjoy the ocean if I'm cold. All I want to do is go back inside.

So I'll have jeans and a sweatshirt packed for those occasions.

You'd think with the amount of insulating fat I have, I could keep myself warmer! HA :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter