April 24, 2004 Magic

That's so cool DenverGal! Thanks for bringing the Magic out West!

After a relaxing day at the Hyatt we were delayed on the tarmac as Delta had computer problems. (Glad to hear that we weren't the only ones) At first I thought it sounded strange to have a computer crash for airlines, but after a three hour delay we were off, complete with my screaming two year old and a high school class trip on board. Major turbulence and I now need a vacation from the vacation! LOL
Really, I am fine, and enjoying reading the reports here. Didn't rebook onboard, I need a few years to potty train the little one and of course, we'd probably never get picked for Who wants to be a Mouseketeer again or get another free upgrade, so I am a little patient for next time. Was the weather perfect or what? I am so glad I got to meet some of you, even if it was brief.
HUgs,

Hey it was so nice to meet you guys finally. I only got a chance to meet a few but the few that I did meet were wonderful (my daughter really wanted to go see Mickey during the sail away party) We had a wonderful time. After the cruise we went to Disney World for a week with family. Next time we will probably do the cruise last. Great to hear that everyone is back safe and sound!!!! Did anyone book the 14 day East to West?

Hey all, it's snowing in Denver in mid-May! I am so jealous of everybody sailing on the Magic right now! :sad:

Hi Val, I heard your area had some horrible storms the other night, glad you are doing ok. Just one more month of snow for you. We have been very warm here in Chicago, unseasonly warm. Too humid and hot for so early in the season.

PlutoJudy,

Sounds like you are having the same weather as we are getting here in Ontario. It is HOT HOT HOT! We haven't had a May like this in four years. We opened the pool May 3rd and the kids are planning on swimming after school today! We had funnel clouds and hail on Monday due to the heat and humidity.

So glad I got a start on my tan while on the cruise. I'm not one of the white Canadians in shorts this week!

We rebooked while on the cruise with thoughts that we would do the west coast but have since realized that Mexico in the summer for us would cost us too much in sunscreen!! So, as of now we are booked on the Apr. 23rd 2005 Western. Can't wait.

TaylorsMom - Like I told you, we are flying into Hartford CT next Wednesday. Hope you can provide the same kind of great weather we had on the cruise!

Kim:wave2:

Hi Kim, I agree, too hot to do the CA or Panama Canal cruises. That is a great idea for winter but I do not tolerate heat well, that's why we cruise in April. Enjoy your pool! I wish we had one.

Hi everyone! Just wondering if anyone else ever checks back to see how everyone is doing? We're good, busy with swimming lessons (daily), and all the fun stuff that summer brings (popsicle parties, picnics, yard work, uggh, etc!) and getting ready to go to WDW for a few days from 8-10 to 8-14 for a little diversion while Ron is out of town next week. How are all of you, and what have you been up to?

Hi!
We are going to be in Nashville, September 3-6,
Daytona Beach, September 18-28, and
Hawaii, April 8-18, 2005.
No cruises planned but we are trying to figure out how to do a four day Wonder in December to see the Christmas decorations. Other than that we have been very busy at work.
Enjoy your trip to WDW.

Judy,
It's great to hear from you! Sounds like you have to be busy working now to get all of those vacations in without your bosses wondering if you still work there (that's why I figure that Ron works so much/hard when we're in town).

A Dec. cruise sounds great! I wonder when they put up their Christmas decorations on the ship? At the parks, it's all started the week of Thanksgiving if I remember correctly. I would probably only consider it in the first two weeks of Dec just b/c prices and space has to be at a premium around the regular weeks of vacations. I wonder how many other people think that way too, and if it's really a slower time of the year....?

Take care!

Anyone else ever check-in here???

L-

Good Morning LuronTravel and Pluto Judy,

Just got back from Toronto (20th Anniversary getaway) and found your message.
Summer is flying by. We have been to NY City twice this summer and are off to Vegas the end of September.

The weather here in Ontario has been CRAP!!! In all honesty we have had no more than 10 days in the 80's. And those days have not been in a row. The tan is fading fast. The sunscreen is not being used and the pool - well, it is freezing. The summer has been so cold and rainy that it hasn't been worth heating the pool. Oh to be in the sunny south again.

Only 5 more weeks til school - only 1 more week til hockey tryouts. Where has the summer gone!!

Take care everyone
Kim:hyper:

Hello all! I thought I'd check out this thread and saw that it had been added to!

Judy, which island are you visiting next spring? Have you ever been to Hawaii? We sent DD to the Big Island this summer with a group called Earth Explore. They spent two very busy weeks learning about the geology, ecology, history and culture of Hawaii. They got to do some really awesome stuff. I was impressed with the program.

We had a pretty cool summer here too. We never hit the century mark even once, which is unusual. I can't believe it's been six months since we cruised! Snow is in the forecast.

We're still planning on going on the eastbound repo cruise next summer. (I think by that time I am really going to need a vacation!) We bought into DVC while on the cruise, and are planning a major trip to WDW next November, and since they announced the DVC discount on APs, we may just go back in March when the kids are on spring break.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Hi Val, so far our plans are to visit Oahu and Maui. That could change, we were looking into a NCL cruise but we have heard too many bad things about it.
Hope we can cruise together again some time. We would like to do a December cruise to see the ship and Castaway Cay decorated for Christmas.
We just got back from Las Vegas (business/pleasure) and had a great time. We get to go every November.
Take care!
Hi to all!

A friend of mine just returned from a trip to Maui earlier this month. She had never been there before and says she would go back in a heartbeat!

I think I would rather have a land vacation than a cruise to all the islands in such a short period of time...there are so many wonderful things to see in Hawaii. We seem to keep going back. But that's just me. I would be happy to share our recommendations with you if you are interested--just PM me.

A cruise at Christmastime sounds wonderful! Are there still cabins available? Wish I could swing it too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter