• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April 24, 2004 Magic

We received our excursion paperwork yesterday. It came directly from Disney. See you all soon!

Hello all! My family also will sailing with you: me, DH, DD11, and DD8. This will be our first cruise and we're finding all the choices to be a little overwhelming. We received our excursion info a few days ago, and are trying to decide. Has anyone done the catamaran races in Key West? DD11 and I think this sounds like fun. I was told by an experienced cruiser friend not to miss Stingray City. Another friend really enjoyed Xcaret, but stayed in Playa del Carmen rather than a cruise ship, so had all day to spend there. DD11 really, really, really wants to swim with dolphins, which we're looking into directly with Dolphin Discovery, but she thinks the Atlantis submarine sounds cool too. Any recommendations? Anybody?

DISmeet is a little get together of DISers. We introduce ourselves and have fun seeing our new friends everywhere. Children get to meet friends their age. We are hoping to meet in front of Scoops after the life boat drill and before the Sail Away party. If anyone has any other ideas, please feel free to share them. In the past, the DISmeets we have been to we brought postcards from our hometown or area and passed them out with info on the back. Such as DISnames, kids names and ages, etc. DISers also try to wear a lime green ribbon or yarn so everyone knows they are DISers. We have our lime green Mickey heads from Home Depot paint department.

That sounds fun--see you there! I found the Mickeys at Home Depot, they are too cute! We'll be wearing them.

Are shore excursions at every port overkill?

All the info spread out in a fan next to the phone! *Crossing fingers for luck!* I found out that I can use my Disney Reward Dream Dollars towards the excursions...and I've been collecting them for a while!::yes::

What's everyone doing? DD11 wants to do the catamaran racing, DD8 wants to do the glassbottom boat tour, everyone wants to do Stingray City and Rum Point, and the submarine tour on Cozumel, kayaking in CC and banana boat rides. We all want to do all the mainland tours at Cozumel, so we may need to plan a dedicated trip to Cancun, so will hold off Tulum until later, but it's been on my important to-do list forever.

Too excited to sleep!:Pinkbounc

We faxed in our requests yesterday and got a very prompt response. We are doing the Atlantis sub in Grand Cayman, Beach Break in Cozumel, floats on Castaway Cay.

We signed up for the Xcaret in Cozumel. Also we are thinking of reserving a scooter or bike in Key West. Other than that we are going to be like the DCL commercial where the guy is sleeping in the chairs and hammock.:o

plutojudy,

We are thinking about the trolley in Key West. Did you like it? Can we just hook up with the trolley when we get to Key West or do you feel we should book ahead w/Disney? Is the trolley the tour where you can get off and walk around and hook up with another trolley or do you have to stay with the tour? We did the glass bottom boat ride last year in Key West and would like to try something different. Thanks for any info you can provide.

:wave:

Yes, you can just get the Trolley at Mallory Square when you get there. You do not need to book in advance or thru Disney. There are several Trolley stops where you can get off and then reboard. We liked it, the drivers had a lot of island history they shared.

Thanks for the info. I think we'll wait until we arrive in Key West before booking the trolley.

Is the DISmeet a definite for near Scoops during the sailaway party? I'll be looking for the lime green mickey heads at Home Depot.

Is anybody coming down the day before the cruise? If so, where will you be staying? We are at the Radisson at the port.

:wave:

I think the meet is set, not sure how many are meeting. We will be there. We have our green Mickey heads ready.
We are coming down on Thursday and staying a Pop Century for two nights. We are going to the Luau on Thursday evening.

We'll be there on Fri, staying at the Hyatt.
CB4U- Where are you from in NH? We're from Derry and also did this cruise last year.
Does anyone have info on snorkeling in GC off 7 mile beach?:)
wendilyn

Hi Wendilyn,

It was nice chatting with you again! It is a small world afterall. Looks like we have some repeat cruisers with us.

I would also like to know more about the snorkeling on the Western. Does everybody have their own gear or are they available at the beaches? After reading some of the other post about jellyfish and sea lice I'm not sure if I should be worried......:confused: :confused:

Hello to all, will be with in-laws and wife and 20 month old daughter, should we be planning the excursions now...and sorry if I sound dumb but how do you do it?

Taosbird, welcome to the DIS boards and "our" cruise. Are you coming to the DISmeet?
As for excursions we made ours already. You should receive a packet from DCL listing excursions and a form to fax or a phone number to call.
I have always wanted to go to Taos! Someday I will. Do you ever see Michael Martin Murphey around town? Love him since his Wildfire days.

As a matter of fact we do see him around from time to time...even met him when I was working for the local radio station and he came in for an interview. I suppose we will have to come to the meet and greet. Do you need to book all your excurisions early or can you do it on the ship. We have a 20 month old so we may be limited on what we can do. which is better early or late seating for dinner?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter