April 23, 2005 Western

We really are slipping! Lets make this fun and get some excitement going.....

Answer the following about the Magic:

Favorite Restaurant?
Favorite Food?
Favorite Show?
Which seating?
Which rotation do you hope to get?

Please add more.....

Okay my answers:
Palo is my favorite restaurant but of the rotational ones is would be Parrot Cay.
I loved the salmon over risotto in Palo
Not crazy about any one in particular ...but thought Hercules was cute!
We prefer early seating
Would be PLAPLAP

Palos definitely the favorite restaurant - I love the chocolate souffle. My favorite was Disney Dreams - but we have yet to see Golden Mickeys. We prefer the late seating. Last time we had APL and liked it.

BYW - Still waiting on Southwest. Looks like they are now booking through 4/1. They should be offering flights for our cruise dates soon - If anyone sees it - let us know!

Well, it's nice to see that we'll be travling with lots of our neighbors to the north.

We took a 3 day Carnaval 2 years ago with a few friends and after finding out that we liked the whole cruising thing we just had to book a Disney cruise.

It's just my husband and I (both 26 at time of cruise). I'll have to keep an eye on this thread... pirate:

Let's bump us up!!! That is the reason that I booked my airfare. I don't have the patience to wait, then find it is more than other airlines and be paying too much!!!!!!!!

I keep checking Southwest every day. I called them the day before Thanksgiving to inquire about group rates. There will be 13 of us flying that day and they give group rates if you have over 10. She told me that the tickets would be going on sale either that week or next (which brings us to now) and that Southwest looks at what they sold the same time last year, etc. to determine the fares. The 5-10% discount for group fares is given on the highest airfare, so - I figured I would wait because the promotional fares are usually cheaper even with the 5-10%. I am starting to get worried because I also check other carriers and all seem VERY expensive for this week. Jet Blue is up to almost $200 each way! So - I will be booking Southwest as soon as they become available. I sort of thought they would begin selling them on December 1st -- and then that came and went. It is very frustrating. Because we have two other families that want to get on the same flight its going to be interesting to see if we can all get on.

Anyone decided on which flight they are taking that day?

Southwest has the dates up til June!!! Only problem is cost is so high! No promotional rates available for the flights from LI to MCO. For the 4 of us it will be almost $900.

Hey All You New Yorkers, And Especially Yankee, Tickets Went On Sale Today For Southwest From Macarthur. I Checked This Morning At 10 Still No Change, Looked Back At 1:00 And They Had Already Changed. Cheapest Tickets Already Sold Out. These Tickets Were Not Cheap, But Not Too Bad. Let Me Know How You Much Your Tickets Ended Up Being, And Which Flights Any Of You Guys From Here Will Be On. I Booked A Flight Going At 6:55 A.m., And Returning At 1:45, Non Stop Fully Refundable For 3 People And It Came To $825. I'm Curious What The Price Was With Disney Air Included. I Called Them And They Can't Figure It Out Because They Are Sold Out So They Can't Get The Price Anymore. But Still Even If It Was A Little Less, For A Non Stop Flight Out Of Macarthur It Was Worth It. After Last Year Having To Leave Our House At 3 A.m To Catch The Flight And Then A 5 Hour Trip Its Worth It.

We just booked ours on Southwest. Can't believe how much it's going to cost :( For the 4 of us it will be almost $900. :( Guess I got spoiled...we just came home last night from MCO and the R/T was about $400 for all of us. We'll be flying down on Friday, after school and returning on Monday 5/2 (It was cheaper to stay down the extra 2 days) Good luck to everyone else!

WE'RE IN!!! :Pinkbounc
Actually we were in last year (April24th 2004) when we rebooked on the last cruise.

We are a family of 5. Me, DH, DD 17, DS 16 and DS 12. This will be our 4th Disney Cruise and our 2nd Western. We did the Western last year (24th) and it was absolutely fantastic. We rebooked onboard and got the cheapest price out of all our previous cruises.

We have yet to book our air. We are very fortunate in that we can book out of Toronto or Detroit with points so we usually book the one that is the most convenient. We will by flying in on the Friday night, staying at an airport hotel like the Embassy Suites... having dinner at Bennigen's and taking a limo over to the cruise ship in the morning. :love: It is just the routine I guess.

Right now we are struggeling with what optional excursions to do. We did Key West on our own (LOVED Key West - kids hated it). We did the Disney Jeep excursion in Cozumel - would highly recommend and we rented a private sailboat in Grand Cayman and snorkeled with the stingrays (alone). It was absolutely the highlight of our vacation and I would definately say it was well worth the money (not that much more if you are 5 or more).

If anyone has any questions, fire away as this will be cruise #4 for us.

Happy Holidays
Kim ::MickeyMo :wave2:

Hi Sillysmom-

I had checked Southwest that morning at 7:30am and it still hadn't changed. I checked again that night around 7 and noticed it was on sale. I couldn't believe that everything was almost sold out. We had to book 13 tickets. It ended up costing us $1,200 for our family of four - I am so sick. It cost us $660 to fly Southwest to Florida over the summer -- it is double the price! Well, it was my mistake. I should have booked JetBlue months ago. I just had no idea Southwest would wait this long to sell their seats. I guess it is good for them. Our friends got on the same flight we did, but had to pay full fare. We are flying out on Friday - 1:30 flight (the only non-stop flight still available). Flying home on Saturday at 7:55pm (again, the only non-stop flight still available). We're trying to kick around ideas on what to do Saturday while we wait for the flight. Maybe Cape Canaveral or Downtown Disney. My kids have always wanted to do Disney Quest, but every time we are at Disney we can never fit it in! Maybe this is the time. Good to see everyone else got their flights. All the money I saved this time booking the cruise through Dreams is being eaten up by the extra I spent on the airfare! Oh, well....

Yankee, I wish I had had your phone number. I honestly was thinking about you, knowing that I had checked that morning and it still hadn't changed. You would assume they would change it after midnight at the beginning of the day. I got the 6:55 flight, and returning the 1:30 I think. I still think I did alright, I think the tickets included with the disney package would have been another $1000, but that would have included transfers. So I think of it like this, it cost me $820 for the tickets, it will be $150 for the transfers, so I saved only $130 BUT AND IT IS A BIG BUT, I get to fly out of Macarthur at a decent time and don't have to pay for a limo to laguardia, and a non stop flight. Last year we had to be out of the house by 3 a.m. and didn't get to the boat until 1:00, it was terrible. The cheapest supersavers had already been sold out by 10:00 I think. It was so funny, when I saw the date was changed when I just happened to look back at the site, I got all flustered and I had to call to make the reservation, I didn't want to make a mistake. I have made flight arrangements on line, a bunch of times, but it caught me off guard. Well I'm glad you at least got a flight, and its nonstop and its close to home. I'm okay with the money, I have a $250 room credit waiting, so it will all balance out. What town did you say you lived in? We live in Miller Place, hope to chat with you soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter