April 21-28 - Did I goof

kristieleeoz

Mouseketeer
I'm starting to get nervous. I think we picked a bad time to go. Do you all think that it will be chaos, or will the crowds have started to dwindle a bit?

In Ontario, spring break is over in March, which is why I thought it would be ok to go in April. Any thoughts?

Kristie:confused3

hmmm I booked for the same time too! 4/20-27
booked 3 Epcot tours and 8 TS ARs

Whatever I dont see in April I'll have the chance again in Aug and Nov so Im not really worried

I sure hope you didn't pick a bad time, cause we're there from the 21 to the 29....an 8 year old, a 7 year old and a 1 1/2 year old in tow......oh boy.......

There are a few of us on the east coast who have spring break during that time...

Jill

I'm hoping that since it's after Easter it won't be TOO bad. We'll be there from the 20th - 30th.

hmmm I booked for the same time too! 4/20-27
booked 3 Epcot tours and 8 TS ARs

What tours are you doing? DD16 and I are doing the Hidden Treasure of the World Showcase on Monday April 23!

We Will Also Be There Then And I'm Worried Too. I Wish We Would Have Stuck With May Or October Like In The Past But We Picked That Week Because Our Kids Have A Day Off School That Week So We Were Glad They Would Only Miss 4 Days Instead Of 5. The Slow Times Aren't So Slow Anymore So What Are You Gonna Do??!!

I'm going that week too. Last year I went a week later, but Easter was also a week later, so I assume it's sort of the same.

Crowds were very manageable, I'm sure most waits were 30 or much less. Did a lot of walk-ons.

I'm starting to get nervous. I think we picked a bad time to go. Do you all think that it will be chaos, or will the crowds have started to dwindle a bit?

In Ontario, spring break is over in March, which is why I thought it would be ok to go in April. Any thoughts?
As you can see from the responses you got here, there will indeed be quite a few people at WDW that week.

Whenever I made my reservations I changed my dates three times trying to stay away from spring breaks, impossible. I'm going April 16...I bet it will be crowded as heck but hopefully will miss the real heat. We went last time at the end of september thinking it wouldn't be crowded, oh boy it was and hot as can be. I really don't think anymore with WDW being so popular that there is ever going to be a great week where it isn't crowded, just hope the weather is pretty nice.

I'm going that week too. I didn't have a choice to wait until May because my AP expires 4/27. I've gone around that time before and it wasn't too bad. I also went in mid June last year and we managed the crowds by using fastpass. You need to have a strategy. Hit the big rides first and get a fastpass for another as soon as you get there.

No need to worry! The same thing happen to my family when we were planning in April 2005(4/22-4/30). There were so many posts talking about the New England states, NYC schools having spring break(along with grad night events)that I was so nervous that we chose a bad crowd week for our then pre-schooler's first WDW trip. Quess What? It was fantastic! The weather was beautiful and the crowds were low to manageable. Keep reading the DIS for great tips and you will be fine. If you are staying on-site that will be a big plus along with making ADRs. Also make note of what parks on which day and the most important attractions for you and your family. Have a Great :flower3: Time!

I have a subscription to the UG and the crowd levels the week of 4/22 are projected to be between 5 and 7 so it should be fine.

It's apparently not supposed to be that busy. I couldn't find any spring breaks at that time, but there may be a few.

Count me in too... I am taking my parents for their first trip to WDW April 25 - 29th and I am preparing to deal with a few crowds, but I just hope it isn't a madhouse... as far as the heat goes, I went in September last year, so I think anything will be cooler than that. Have fun!

I'm making my first trip from the UK going on the 28th of April to May 12th, anyone have any ideas how the parks will be then? I'd never been to America before so have no experience of spring breaks or public holidays over there.

Thanks folks.

We went the same weekend last year, which was one week after Easter, and the crowds were not unmanageable. This year we are going the same week (21st-27th), but this year it is two weeks after Easter, so I'm hoping the crowds will be even a little better than last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter