April 21, 2013 (Dream) after 7 years, back on DCL!! Anyone with me?!!

Hi All,
We just booked our trip today and are so excited!! LOVE LOVE LOVE DCL. I'm scrolling through some of the posts and am wondering if I have missed the deadline for FE? Also is there a meet up time for the group?

Just found the deadline for FE. So sorry we missed it:( This is our 4th cruise and we were able to book last minute. It will be myself, DH and our DD's ages 8 and 11. Our girls will not know we are going on a cruise until we arrive at port. Not sure if we will be able to keep it quiet, but going to try. Will be going through the rest of the thread to see if I missed any other good info.

Hi All,
We just booked our trip today and are so excited!! LOVE LOVE LOVE DCL. I'm scrolling through some of the posts and am wondering if I have missed the deadline for FE? Also is there a meet up time for the group?

How do you find out port arrival time?

When you fill out your port documents online it will give you the option to choose a port time. If you get an early port time you can get on the ship and have lunch and get settled some. If you get a later port time it's much less crowded at port. So there are benefits to both:)

I had a question and wondered if anyone on here knew the answer.

It was always my understanding that children needed to be 3+ and potty trained to attend the kids club outside of open house hours.

The other day I was reading a trip report and the original poster said they dropped their son off (in a diaper) and the cast members called them when he needed to be changed.

I have no problem with the rule or bringing my son (3 and not potty trained) during open house. I'm just curious if anyone else has experienced this on board. I know my little guy would love to play with the other kids and we've been trying to use the club as bribery to get this diaper business out of here.

Can you believe it is only 21 days until our cruise? Whoo-hoo! :woohoo:We are so excited. Our FE gifts are done and ready to go! How are you doing on yours? Please look at your FE list and make sure you have 12 families on your list. There were 2 additions after I sent out the original. If not, let me know and I will get you the information you need.

While reading the boards, I realized that some "Meet Threads" get together while on the ship. Is anyone interested in meeting?

If you forget your FE list, I will have a few extras in the top of my Fish Extender - Cabin 8052.

Let me know if you have any questions. We are so ready to go! How about you?:banana::dance3:

I'd be happy to coordinate a group meet. Since this is a short cruise, we should probably do it the first day. Any suggestions for location? I can check the ship's info- usually there's a family friendly lounge with adult beverages and kids games.

I had a question and wondered if anyone on here knew the answer.

It was always my understanding that children needed to be 3+ and potty trained to attend the kids club outside of open house hours.

The other day I was reading a trip report and the original poster said they dropped their son off (in a diaper) and the cast members called them when he needed to be changed.

I have no problem with the rule or bringing my son (3 and not potty trained) during open house. I'm just curious if anyone else has experienced this on board. I know my little guy would love to play with the other kids and we've been trying to use the club as bribery to get this diaper business out of here.
On our very first Disney Cruise our youngest was 2 1/2 and still in diapers. The very last night we stopped by the kids club to see if they would keep her so we could go for a night out just my husband and I. We promised we would come back to do any and all diaper changes and they agreed. I think it depends on the people running the program, but I would give it a shot.

Can you believe it is only 21 days until our cruise? Whoo-hoo! :woohoo:We are so excited. Our FE gifts are done and ready to go! How are you doing on yours? Please look at your FE list and make sure you have 12 families on your list. There were 2 additions after I sent out the original. If not, let me know and I will get you the information you need.

While reading the boards, I realized that some "Meet Threads" get together while on the ship. Is anyone interested in meeting?

If you forget your FE list, I will have a few extras in the top of my Fish Extender - Cabin 8052.

Let me know if you have any questions. We are so ready to go! How about you?:banana::dance3:

We are sooooo excited!!! :banana: The Easter Bunny brought us some matching cruise shirts for our family and our fish extender to hang. :) I am almost through with my adult gifts. I just have to work on my gifts for all the kids. My kids want to help and my daughter is so busy with dance and my son is so busy with t-ball right now.

Sure we would love to meet up! We are in 8602! Just pick a spot and we can all share some fun together!
The Easter bunny brought the kids their disney cruise lanyards, cruise gift cards, and autograph books!!
This week it's time to get crafty with the fish extender and gifts for them!! I cannot wait!

I'd be happy to coordinate a group meet. Since this is a short cruise, we should probably do it the first day. Any suggestions for location? I can check the ship's info- usually there's a family friendly lounge with adult beverages and kids games.

That would be fabulous, Marie! I have no idea about location because we have never been on a Disney Cruise before.

Lisa

bolsey119 said:
On our very first Disney Cruise our youngest was 2 1/2 and still in diapers. The very last night we stopped by the kids club to see if they would keep her so we could go for a night out just my husband and I. We promised we would come back to do any and all diaper changes and they agreed. I think it depends on the people running the program, but I would give it a shot.

Thanks for the reply!

Ok, so I finally did the online check-in last night. If it hadn't been for y'all posting your port times on here, I wouldn't have even known to check-in online. That would've been bad to show up 1st thing at the port with an impatient DH & 2 crazy kids. I would've been the one standing there looking like this :confused3...so, THANK YOU!!

I got a 1-1:30pm port time, but now I'm thinking I want to try changing it to 3-3:30. Our TA said that even after check in at the port we won't be allowed on until 1 & DH wants to miss the rush of people trying to get on the boat. We're going to call Disney to confirm this.

We also changed our hotel plans for embarkation day. We were originally going to stay at All Star Sport Friday night, spend Saturday at DTD, & spend Sat night at a port hotel. Now with the late cruise check-in, we've been able to stay Sat night at All Star Sport, get b'fast at Tusker House on Sun, and still have plenty of time to get to cruise :cool1:

I'm SO EXCITED!!! Just look at how close to the right the ship is on my signature ticker!!!:hourglass Who Hoo!

Hi all, we are really excited to be going on the Dream for our family's first cruise (ever). I will be joined by DW and kids (DS 13 and DD 10).

Sorry we missed the FE deadline but would still be interested in a early cruise meet to say hi to fellow DISers and help kids find some buddies.

My DS and I will also be running in the Castaway Cay 5k if there are any other runners in the group.

After the cruise we will be spending a couple days at (gasp) Universal before heading home.

Hi all, we are really excited to be going on the Dream for our family's first cruise (ever). I will be joined by DW and kids (DS 13 and DD 10).

Sorry we missed the FE deadline but would still be interested in a early cruise meet to say hi to fellow DISers and help kids find some buddies.

My DS and I will also be running in the Castaway Cay 5k if there are any other runners in the group.

After the cruise we will be spending a couple days at (gasp) Universal before heading home.
I am planning on running the 5k. We ran it on our last cruise and I loved the course. Not many people get up early to run the race, so we had a lot of areas to choose from as far as picking a good spot to hang out for the day.

I'm hoping to WALK the 5k with my ODS. I am not a runner unless something big and scary is chasing me :rotfl: but a 5k on Castaway Cay may not come my way again. The last Disney cruise I took was 13yrs ago on my honeymoon, so if it's another 13 yrs until the next one I know I won't be running then.

Just found the deadline for FE. So sorry we missed it:( This is our 4th cruise and we were able to book last minute. It will be myself, DH and our DD's ages 8 and 11. Our girls will not know we are going on a cruise until we arrive at port. Not sure if we will be able to keep it quiet, but going to try. Will be going through the rest of the thread to see if I missed any other good info.

We just booked today so we missed sign up for it too. We could do a mini-FE between the 3 families if you'd be interested? I'll send you both a PM too just in case you miss the post :)

It's just myself (23) and my parents :) It'll be my 7th Disney cruise

And hi everyone else! I'm so ridiculously excited :yay: I'll probably be driving my co-workers nuts for the next two weeks because I'm going to be a CRUISE!CRUISE!CRUISE!

For anyone who booked a while ago - you might want to recheck your personal info if you've had changes since originally filling out the online docs. I forgot that DD got a new passport, and her old passport with an expired date was still listed. Ditto if you've changed credit cards or got one with a new expiration date. One thing I can't figure out how to change - originally we were going to take a June cruise and celebrate our 13th anniversary. Since we changed to the April cruise, we won't be celebrating it, but I can't figure out how to remove this. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter