April 2023 Direct Sales Flat: https://dvcnews.com/dvc-program-menu/financial/financial-news/5616-disney-vacation-club-direct-sales-flat-in-april-2023

Purely out of curiosity, why would one inquire about the status of direct sales? We just became DVC members (resale) last month and I'm still learning the ropes.
A few reasons, but generally that they indicate the possible health of the market. DVC had a few things start up in the last month or so:

100 point minimum buy in - are people taking them up on the new lower number?
Magical Beginnings - did that help get some people in at 150 points, or in just in general?
How do sales compare, and do they possibly indicate better incentives beginning in June?

Sometimes people are just generally curious about how their "investment" is doing, and seeing how direct sales are going point to another set of data for their reference along with the resale sales data released by DVC Resale Market and Fidelity.

A few reasons, but generally that they indicate the possible health of the market. DVC had a few things start up in the last month or so:

100 point minimum buy in - are people taking them up on the new lower number?
Magical Beginnings - did that help get some people in at 150 points, or in just in general?
How do sales compare, and do they possibly indicate better incentives beginning in June?

Sometimes people are just generally curious about how their "investment" is doing, and seeing how direct sales are going point to another set of data for their reference along with the resale sales data released by DVC Resale Market and Fidelity.
All good reasons. Also, if sales pick up a lot, it makes it relatively more likely ROFR comes back (at least in theory)—e.g., if Disney is moving AKL points briskly at $175/pt, more advantageous for them to ROFR at $100 or $125. If DVD is sitting on thousands of points it’s not selling well even at flash sale prices, it’s hard to see the upside in ROFRing most of the resorts.

Purely out of curiosity, why would one inquire about the status of direct sales? We just became DVC members (resale) last month and I'm still learning the ropes.

1 -- Curiosity
2 -- Gauging demand, for the value of your own purchase
3-- gauging demand, as a way to predict future DVC development. (weak demand may suggest they will slow down the development of new properties. Or demand for 1 type of property over another type, may give a hint to the type of future development.)
4 -- Gauging when a property may "sell out" -- As sold our properties then get a spike in resale value.
5 -- Gauging demand to anticipate future direct pricing, incentives, etc.

Because we can then restart the monthly VGF vs RR - restrictions discussion….
I’m still trying to decide whether to create a post asking for people to talk me OUT OF? or INTO? a Magical Beginnings purchase of VGF points, and whether this would help alleviate my VGC FOMO. I think April direct sales might (?) help forecast or speculate whether direct points deals are likely to get better, or not.

I’m still trying to decide whether to create a post asking for people to talk me OUT OF? or INTO? a Magical Beginnings purchase of VGF points, and whether this would help alleviate my VGC FOMO. I think April direct sales might (?) help forecast or speculate whether direct points deals are likely to get better, or not.
Do it— create the post I mean

I don’t think we need April Direct sales numbers to know that April Direct sales numbers are going to be bad. Just look at what’s happened to the resale market.

I don’t think there is any evidence for this, aside from the obvious outlier VGC.

Our board sponsors sales are on the upswing. They do sell a lot of contracts and for them, things are moving up, not down.

https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/blog/dvc-resale-average-sales-prices-for-april-2023/

I know people might want to say they are higher priced than other places, and this may be true…deals may indeed be out there for lower prices…but, in the end, their sales are going up…and my guess is that we will see it at other places as well.

There are already reports that seem to imply fewer sellers are negotiating much lower than they were.

Our board sponsors sales are on the upswing. They do sell a lot of contracts and for them, things are moving up, not down.

https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/blog/dvc-resale-average-sales-prices-for-april-2023/

I know people might want to say they are higher priced than other places, and this may be true…deals may indeed be out there for lower prices…but, in the end, their sales are going up…and my guess is that we will see it at other places as well.

There are already reports that seem to imply fewer sellers are negotiating much lower than they were.
The broker I recently bought from told me BRV had an average sales price of $94. This is much more in line with what Fidelity has reported rather than the Board Sponsor. Are the figures reliable? It’s not really in their interests to be reporting low figures.

The broker I recently bought from told me BRV had an average sales price of $94. This is much more in line with what Fidelity has reported rather than the Board Sponsor. Are the figures reliable? It’s not really in their interests to be reporting low figures.

I don’t see why any broker has a reason to fake their sales data, so yes, I think they are reliable. And, some of the actual prices that have been pulled from OCC that have been shared here also have been higher than our reports.

But, if some brokers are having sellers list for less vs more is simply a business model they chose to take…maybe it’s to get more volume in the market?

Plus, without having number of contracts being sold…which would require a lot of actual work…we have to assume people posting here and what brokers are reporting to be truthful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter