April 2017 check in thread, come in and chat!

One week from tomorrow! (We're spending the first night near LAX but still).

Next week is just a 3.5 day week since we leave Friday afternoon and Monday is a holiday.

Hola everyone. Only 11 more days til my trip. Yay! I was just going through the details one more time (because I'm SOOO ready to be on vacation) and realized the first park day we have, EMH aren't until 9:00. Being that we'll probably still be on Florida time mentally, I got to thinking we should probably eat some breakfast before the park opens -- I'll probably be up around 5 or 6 because of the time change.

I've already got plans to eat at storyteller's later in the week. Is there someplace at one of the hotels or downtown Disney that is a must-do for breakfast? It is just the two of us grown adults and we're staying at VGC. I was thinking maybe Goofys Kitchen because it seems fun, but I wasn't sure where it stands on food quality. I've seen some mixed reviews of pretty much everywhere that serves breakfast.

We got back yesterday. It was nice to have good weather, as the past two months we had rain!

We did the two park's Easter egg hunts and got the Dory and nemo eggs. Lost my stickers to the DCA map, which was a bummer! Crowds seemed high at DCA because of the Food and Wine Festival. We bought two of the Sip and Savor passes and enjoyed a lot of the food options. My daughter got the stomach flu on our 3rd day (out of 4 days there), so we left Disneyland at 12:45 on Monday, after she projectile vomited between the Jolly Holiday and the Refreshment Corner! We got her some Zofran, and she was ready to go back to the parks the next day! (Ahh, to be young again, and recover so quickly!) All in all, it was a good trip. The first 3 days were just ok (we were with a huge group on Sunday, so that makes it difficult for us to do what we want to do), but our last day was perfect!

Hola everyone. Only 11 more days til my trip. Yay! I was just going through the details one more time (because I'm SOOO ready to be on vacation) and realized the first park day we have, EMH aren't until 9:00. Being that we'll probably still be on Florida time mentally, I got to thinking we should probably eat some breakfast before the park opens -- I'll probably be up around 5 or 6 because of the time change.

I've already got plans to eat at storyteller's later in the week. Is there someplace at one of the hotels or downtown Disney that is a must-do for breakfast? It is just the two of us grown adults and we're staying at VGC. I was thinking maybe Goofys Kitchen because it seems fun, but I wasn't sure where it stands on food quality. I've seen some mixed reviews of pretty much everywhere that serves breakfast.

Is your priority the food or characters? For characters I would go to the Minnie and Friends at Plaza Inn but if you are looking for good food for breakfast then I would put my vote in for Steakhouse 55.

Honestly we love the French toast sticks (and bacon!) at Whitewater snacks. We skipped Storytellers this trip in favor of whitewater. It's very relaxed, obviously no characters, but we enjoy the food. And the Freestyle machines.

Well, today was interesting... we started out the day with 7:10 am Breakfast with Minnie and friends. It was awesome! For the first time ever, we go to our "welcome" photo with Minnie! Then we rode Peter Pan. My husband had never ridden it. Next, we went on the Storybook boats. I managed to get into the boat (stairs are very difficult for me), then promptly lost my sunglasses off the top of my head into the water with a nice kerplunk :scared: I managed to find a new pair that worked ok over my prescription glasses. A bit later in the day, we rode POTC.... it was a very rough ride of "bumper boats". Well, one solid bump and my daughter's Build-a-Bear bunny hopped out of her arms and decided to take a swim in the Caribbean. Luckily, she was able to grab her baby by the edge of her skirt just in the nick of time. We had one very wet bunny and kid by the time that ride was over. :scared::scared: So about a million paper towels and a new outfit for daughter we were good to continue on our day. The day did draw to a close on the upside though. My daughter was gifted three Buzz fast passes by a very sweet CM, so we were able to get right on despite the VERY long line. And.... I got my highest score ever!!! 316100!!! I rated level 5; I'm usually a level 1.:-)

We don't leave until Monday, but I only have three more hours of work!

We leave Tuesday morning and I'm working today and Monday!!!!!! Torture. Monday is a holiday here in MA. Officially it's Patriot's Day- not the Tom Brady Patriots, the Paul Revere/Sam Adams Patriots. Unofficially it's Marathon Monday. It's one of those annoying holidays where there is no school but the parents all have to work. Usually I take it as a vacation day and we either go to the Red Sox game (they always have an early game scheduled on Patriot's Day) or we'll go watch some of the marathon. However, since I'll be off all next week I stupidly said I'd work on Monday so I could get some of next week's work out the door before I left. I should have just taken the whole week off but too late now.

Work today, hair and mani/pedi appointments tomorrow, Easter on Sunday, work on Monday then we are off to the airport Tuesday morning!

Checking out the wait times and at 8:22am with an 8:00am opening, the only thing that has a stand by time more than 15 minutes is Peter Pan! Wish we were there this morning!

In the airport waiting to head home. We had a great couple of days at DLR. Our one park day was DL yesterday and I was pleasantly surprised that we didn't wait more than 20 minutes for any ride. We finished most of Fantasyland by 9 am (EMH started at 7). We used FP throughout the day - SM, Indiana Jones, HM, BTMRR. Fantastic lunch at Cafe Orleans. Yum! No line st Red Rose Taverne mid-afternoon to get the grey stuff.

We made it until about 8:45 pm then exhaustion and the need to pack won out, lol!

The hotel (DLH) left a note on the door that we could extend our stay by another night at a great discount. DD begged us to do it but flying back to the east coast so that's a no go. But oh so tempting! Will try to post more details when we get home. Please forgive any typos I'm a terrible phone typer.

I'm starting to get excited! We leave Tuesday morning for our long drive and then we will stop in LA for a few days to do universal and maybe the beach. I'm especially happy seeing as we got snow this morning :crazy2:

I'm starting to get excited! We leave Tuesday morning for our long drive and then we will stop in LA for a few days to do universal and maybe the beach. I'm especially happy seeing as we got snow this morning :crazy2:

Ugh, where in Canada are you?

We go to Minnie's and go when it's a Magic morning day (and have already used our magic morning). Then you get into the park early, eat, and by the time you'd normally be entering the park you're already in there. Might be hard this close to get one that early but worth a shot!

Sure, I *may* not need 3 pairs of shorts, two pairs of yoga pants, 1 dress, 1 pair of capris and 1 pair of jeans for a 5 night trip...but do I really want to risk it? :rotfl:

#problemsofachronicoverpacker

edit: also 4 pairs of shoes, 4 t-shirts and 4 tank tops. :blush:

Have to change my ride game plan, DD3 easily cracked 40" at Universal so we are go for wayyy more rides at Disney. She will love RSR but we prob won't go on some others she is tall enough for as she hates scary lead ups and can get a bit upset. I think even Star Tours with the dark and all the droids etc would upset her. She loves the ride parts though.

Have to change my ride game plan, DD3 easily cracked 40" at Universal so we are go for wayyy more rides at Disney. She will love RSR but we prob won't go on some others she is tall enough for as she hates scary lead ups and can get a bit upset. I think even Star Tours with the dark and all the droids etc would upset her. She loves the ride parts though.

Star Tours is not dark or scary at all! HyperSpace Mountain is a roller coaster in the dark which would likely scare her but Star Tours doesn't have any scary lead up...unless she is scared of Staw Wars bad guys!

I know that ;) but she has been freaking out at pretty much everything indoors and dark. Forbidden Journey walk through the castle to get to the child swap room had her in tears (and then some kid whacked her on the head real hard with a toy wand) and even the Shrek 4D.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter