April 2017 check in thread, come in and chat!

I made our dining reservations today: dinner at Cafe Orleans and Carnation Cafe, and breakfast at Surf's Up!

All planning done, but could not get the best PassHolder offer at the PPH even though I tried last month! Srill very excited about our plans:
Friday the 14th MESP package at Blue Bayou
Saturday, Carnation for late breakfast and Carthay Circle for dinner
Sunday, Wine Country Trattoria for an early lunch and WOC dessert party that night
Monday, Surfs Up! late breakfast.

It will be aopther great trip!
Mike

Think i'm done with planning
4/3 & 4/4 staybridge
4/5 & 4/6 GCV
Cafe Orleans Lunch
Wine Country Trattoria Dinner
Storytellers Cafe Lunch

Beer and Spirits Seminars at the 2017 Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival

Wine Education Seminars at the 2017 Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival

Think i'm done with planning
4/3 & 4/4 staybridge
4/5 & 4/6 GCV
Cafe Orleans Lunch
Wine Country Trattoria Dinner
Storytellers Cafe Lunch

Beer and Spirits Seminars at the 2017 Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival
Wine Education Seminars at the 2017 Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival

Jealous of the F&W seminars!

We just booked for April 21-25 using the Canadian resident ticket offer. I think we're going to stay at the Candy Cane Inn. Booked Ariel's Grotto and Blue Bayou and Anna and Elsa's boutique for my oldest.

We did Disney World in the fall and booked almost a year in advance so this feels very last minute.

We just booked for April 21-25 using the Canadian resident ticket offer. I think we're going to stay at the Candy Cane Inn. Booked Ariel's Grotto and Blue Bayou and Anna and Elsa's boutique for my oldest.

We did Disney World in the fall and booked almost a year in advance so this feels very last minute.

Welcome to the thread, I've added you to the list!

I know what you mean about WDW vs DL planning. We did a WDW trip Dec 2015 and I was overwhelmed by the planning needed, DL is so relaxed in comparison.

Hi everyone. My bf and I will be staying at VGC from the 25-30. We live in the Orlando area and are DW experts but neither of us have been to DL and the differences in planning are killing me so far -- I'm such a planner that this last-minute stuff is tough!

Logged in today at the 60 day mark and it looks like I can only do dining reservations for the first day of the trip, rather than 60 days plus length of stay. Is that right? Do I have to check on reservations every day for the next 5 days? :(

Also, does DL typically stick pretty closely to the refurb schedule? We're going to barely catch the Matterhorn which is honestly the thing I'm most excited about other than WoC. Bf pointed out that if refurb gets extended at all, we're going to miss it. Now I'm worried.

I guess the theme of this post is that I need to take a chill pill. :rotfl2:

Hi everyone. My bf and I will be staying at VGC from the 25-30. We live in the Orlando area and are DW experts but neither of us have been to DL and the differences in planning are killing me so far -- I'm such a planner that this last-minute stuff is tough!

Logged in today at the 60 day mark and it looks like I can only do dining reservations for the first day of the trip, rather than 60 days plus length of stay. Is that right? Do I have to check on reservations every day for the next 5 days? :(

Also, does DL typically stick pretty closely to the refurb schedule? We're going to barely catch the Matterhorn which is honestly the thing I'm most excited about other than WoC. Bf pointed out that if refurb gets extended at all, we're going to miss it. Now I'm worried.

Hi there, you're on the list!

To try and answer your questions:
DL does not do the 60+length of stay so you do have to wait to make all your reservations. Having said that, there are really no reservations that you HAVE to make exactly at the 60 day mark. Most places you can wait to book until a few weeks out and still get in. Blue Bayou is probably the one exception to this and even that is bookable weeks or even days in advance so try not to stress about having to wait!

DL has a rough history with refurbs. Most of the time they are pretty close to the planned schedule but there have been a few notable exceptions. BTMRR was supposed to be a 10 month refurb and it ended up being closer to 18 by the time it finally opened. The Disneyland website has April 27 as the reopening date but that could change.

Wish I had more reassuring info about the refurbs!

You totally don't need to book ADRs 60 days out. DL reservations don't get booked up instantly like BOG or CRT do at WDW. Unless you're trying to book something fairly limited, like the first lunch of the day at BB, you can make all of your reservations just a couple of weeks out, if not closer.

Welcome to the thread, I've added you to the list!

I know what you mean about WDW vs DL planning. We did a WDW trip Dec 2015 and I was overwhelmed by the planning needed, DL is so relaxed in comparison.

I've enjoyed being able to book dining reservations as soon as we decided to go. The trip is only possible because we discovered we had thousands of unused travel points we didn't even know we were accumulating.

So speaking of the first lunch of the day at Blue Bayou LOL.... It's my son's birthday today. We were all wrapped up in before school present stuff and they left and I was like OH NO! Ran and tried to make my reservation online for First lunch at BB and online there was nothing until 1:50. So I took my chances and called them instead. BOOYAH! I got 11:30 still. I was disappointed thinking we wouldn't get first lunch!

Hi everybody!

I'll be in the parks 3/31-4/2 for a birthday trip. My boyfriend and I are staying at the Sheraton Park Hotel Anaheim, which I hope turns out to be a nice stay. We considered DLH but there's always next time!

We have dinner reservations at Steakhouse 55 for Friday and breakfast reservations at Storytellers Cafe for Sunday...to say I'm excited is an understatement! I have yet to try either restaurant yet but I've heard great things.

I'm celebrating with a group of friends making a total of about 8-10 of us coming and going over the weekend. I know most of us are excited for the DCA Food & Wine Festival, especially me when I read about the mimosa flights! I don't remember if they were featured last year or not, but I'm definitely interested :drinking1

I'm celebrating with a group of friends making a total of about 8-10 of us coming and going over the weekend. I know most of us are excited for the DCA Food & Wine Festival, especially me when I read about the mimosa flights! I don't remember if they were featured last year or not, but I'm definitely interested :drinking1

When I read about the mimosa flights I was even more sad that we are missing F&W by one stinkin' day!

When I read about the mimosa flights I was even more sad that we are missing F&W by one stinkin' day!

Oh no! I hope there's another opportunity for you in the future. Have you ever been to the Food & Wine festival? I didn't really pay much attention to the festival last year because it was my first time at DCA and I tried to soak everything else up. I do recall having a glass of Kurt Russell's wine while in line for Monsters Inc. and getting some strange looks. I'm originally from Pennsylvania where most of our wines tend to fall on the sweet/dessert side so those mimosas are definitely up my alley!

Oh no! I hope there's another opportunity for you in the future. Have you ever been to the Food & Wine festival? I didn't really pay much attention to the festival last year because it was my first time at DCA and I tried to soak everything else up. I do recall having a glass of Kurt Russell's wine while in line for Monsters Inc. and getting some strange looks. I'm originally from Pennsylvania where most of our wines tend to fall on the sweet/dessert side so those mimosas are definitely up my alley!

No, never gone to a F&W but I have hope that one day I'll make it to one!

Speaking of alcohol in DCA, have you guys tried the long island iced tea at the cove bar? I'm NOT lightweight but one sip of my husbands and I was a bit buzzed LOL! The lobster nachos are delish too. I'll have my kids this time so I doubt we'll make it there but maybe we can sneak away ;)

Speaking of alcohol in DCA, have you guys tried the long island iced tea at the cove bar? I'm NOT lightweight but one sip of my husbands and I was a bit buzzed LOL! The lobster nachos are delish too. I'll have my kids this time so I doubt we'll make it there but maybe we can sneak away ;)

Take the kids, no need to sneak away unless you want to! :)

Hi there, you're on the list!

Wish I had more reassuring info about the refurbs!

Thanks! That's okay. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

You totally don't need to book ADRs 60 days out. DL reservations don't get booked up instantly like BOG or CRT do at WDW. Unless you're trying to book something fairly limited, like the first lunch of the day at BB, you can make all of your reservations just a couple of weeks out, if not closer.

That makes me feel a little better. Is there something in particular that makes the first lunch desirable? I definitely plan to do BB lunch, but I hadn't thought about times much. I assumed I would just pick from what was left, but it sounds like I'll have every option, which is both scary and awesome. Ha!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter