• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April 2017 check in thread, come in and chat!

I read about the Easter Egg hunt that there are a limited number of maps or something handed out? We arrive Easter Saturday and oyr first day in the parks is Sunday. I'm hoping we can still get a couple!

Bummed the Matterhorn will be out, so bumpy but so much fun!

:cheer2:Hello!!! I'm so excited to be back on the site again:) After a loooong year my fam n I are going back to DL for our annual trip, and this time for my daughter's first spring break vacation:dogdance:! Going April 2-8th:banana:Staying at DL hotel

This will be our fist trip to Disneyland I will be going with my DD age 21. We live in Florida and have season passes to Disney World but never and always dream about going to Disney World. She has been saving her money and surprised me for Christmas. Our dates are April 18th- April 25th 2017. So any helpful tips will be greatly appreciated.

This will be our fist trip to Disneyland I will be going with my DD age 21. We live in Florida and have season passes to Disney World but never and always dream about going to Disney World. She has been saving her money and surprised me for Christmas. Our dates are April 18th- April 25th 2017. So any helpful tips will be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the April thread!

What kind of tips are you looking for?

DL uses the old Fastpass system as opposed to WDW's FP+ so you can't pre-book fastpasses. Fastpasses in DL/DCA use the same rules as the old FP system in WDW.

Early entry at DL/DCA can be a bit confusing because there are two different forms of "early entry".

"Magic Morning" is for Disneyland ONLY. This is available on certain 3 day or more tickets. MM is only on specific days of the week, typically Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. If you have a Disneyland ticket with a Magic Morning on it, you will be able to use it ONCE per ticket regardless of the ticket. (3, 4 or 5 day tickets only have one Magic Morning.)

"Extra Magic Hour" is for both Disneyland AND California Adventures but is limited to guests of the three Disneyland Resort Hotels only. EMH alternates between DL and DCA, DL on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday and DCA on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. You do have to show a room key for each person (although sometimes they only ask for one per group).

During MM only Fantasyland and Tomorrowland attractions are open and you cannot pull Fastpasses.

This trip will be our 10th to DL so if you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

My best friend and I will be there for Dapper Day! Staying at the Disneyland Hotel (a first!) 4/22 - 4/27. So excited!

We ended up buying resale so that we could have VGC be our home resort. The 11 month booking window is key. I have 3 more days until I can book our December 2017 trip :)

I wanted to point out the Spring Dapper Day will be taking place at Disneyland while you're there (4/22-4/23/2017). It might be fun for the two of you to check out. You can get discounted rates at the Disneyland hotels too. My best friend and I be going for our very first Dapper Day (first girls trip too!) and I'm very excited about it! We just need to decide on outfits!

Here's a link if you're interested - http://dapperday.com/spring-2017-disneyland-ca

I think you are going to love Disneyland! What a great daughter you must have!

Well I discovered I had a conflict with my original travel dates, and with Easter happening in mid-April, we will now be arriving on Thursday, March 30 and leaving Sunday, April 2. Still hoping for Food & Wine to be announced soon; and fortunately BWPPI was able to switch my reservation.

I am heading there April 9-13. Staying at the BWPPI.

This trip I am going with my sister in law, her husband and their 5 year old daughter and 7 year old autistic son. Normally it's me and one of my teens. So, a much different trip. Would love any advice on navigating the parks with an autistic child.

I am heading there April 9-13. Staying at the BWPPI.

This trip I am going with my sister in law, her husband and their 5 year old daughter and 7 year old autistic son. Normally it's me and one of my teens. So, a much different trip. Would love any advice on navigating the parks with an autistic child.

I'm on my phone so will add you to the list tomorrow but I wanted to say that our 11 year old is autistic and we have been taking him since he was 6. I would be more than happy to share insight and give advice. If you or your brother/sister in law are not comfortable asking questions on this thread, please feel free to send me a private message.

I've added you to the list, welcome!

Do you know how long the Easter Egg hunt typically goes on for? We're arriving on Easter Monday, I wonder what the chance is that it will be on after Easter? DS was absolutely enthralled by the Wilderness Explorer and Agent P activities in WDW as well as the PinQuest in DL so an Easter Egg hunt in DL would be fantastic.
Per Sherry's Easter thread from last year http://www.disboards.com/threads/eggs-plaining-the-egg-stravaganza-the-2016-hunt-is-over.3393648/ (see the last page in the thread)there were still maps and eggs available for a few days after Easter. Hopefully that wil be the case this year as well.

Count us in for 4/2-6! This is my third visit, my boyfriend's second, but it is the first multi-day trip for the both of us. I can't wait for more Radiator Springs Racers!

People are starting to ask about closures during April so here is what we know so far. I'll update this post as we get more information. I've put a link to this post in the first post on this thread so people can find it later.

Matterhorn: closed Feb 6 - April 27, 2017

Long term closures related to Star Wars Land, estimated reopening date Summer 2017
Disneyland Railroad
Fantasmic!
Davy Crockett's Canoes
Mark Twain Riverboat
Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer's Island
Sailing Ship Columbia

Tower of Terror refurbishment to GotG: Mission Breakout Opening date May 28, 2017

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter