• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April 2016 prices

Blessed_wth_Triplets

DIS Veteran
Hi! I'm noticed on the WDW website I can't book for next April yet. I'm just wondering, with experience, if you think the first full week of April will have any discounts since Easter falls on March 27th next year. Does WDW go by the Easter calendar, or no? I'm hoping the week before and after will be most busy, and so the week of April 4th may not be as bad? Anyone know with experience? I would normally never go during spring break, but that is when ours falls next year (no longer do they do it around the Easter holiday anymore). Thanks for any help!

I'm sorta in the same boat, went on the Disney's website to check rates for March 26th through April 1st, as that's when DD's spring break is, but the website only shows rates thru the end of the year. I was hoping I wouldn't have to call :worried:

I called and did a room-only reservation for next February, until package prices come out (probably closer to June/July)

Rates and packages not released for 2016 until mid to late July I believe. As mentioned already you can call for a room only reservation. Good idea to book way ahead and watch for discounts 5 or 6 months out. Booked room only for Feb 2016 already to ensure a theme park view at CR. Hoping for a room only discount like this past Feb then add dining and tkts.

Yeah u can call and do a room reservation
I'm looking at late April too. Since next years Easter and main spring breaks are in March. Should be a good time. I always take kids out of school. Lol

i called yesterday and was able to get pricing over the phone. the CM told me that they don't have the pricing online, but she was able to give me prices over the phone. (i'm still having sticker shock. we really want to do a deluxe. good thing we have a year to save . . . . )

I'm waiting for April 2016 too. Our spring break starts 2 weeks after Easter. We went 2 weeks after easter in 2013 and the crowds were great. Crowded but not Easter weeks crowded. I'd make room only but I can't decide where to stay this time. Decisions Decisions

Also trying to decide on a resort for end of April 2016 stay. Thinking of splurging on Poly if I can get spring 30% discount. Hopefully they offer it for my dates! History says it should! :yay:

Last edited:
Rates are not out yet. Should be July or early August. You can call & book a room, but it will be room only based on current rack rate prices. Also beware room only & packages are 2 different systems. So when you call back to change it to a package (when they are released) they will want to refund your initial deposit and rebook with another deposit. I've heard they do occasionally make exceptions, but beware they may not.

If you plan on booking a package (room + tickets &/or dining), it really is just better to wait until they are released. You could start a Disney Savings Account or purchase Disney Gift Cards in the mean time, if it helps you save the money.

Have the package rates/discounts been released? I am tryin to determine what discounts there were or if I should just rent points.

We booked our package for April 2-9, 2016 at the Poly Club Level on July 5th. The woman he spoke to in reservations made a point of telling him to keep an eye out for discounts when they are released later this year and to just call and have it applied to our reservation. Fingers crossed - the money we save will go towards our meal budget.

Have the package rates/discounts been released? I am tryin to determine what discounts there were or if I should just rent points.

Rates are out for 2016, but discounts for spring won't be out for awhile. Here is a link from mousesavers that shows historical discounts:

http://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/#codetrends

It doesn't give the specific discount for each resort category, but it shows when the discount was released and the book by date.

April 2-9 is Spring Break week...are there ever discounts that week?

Last year (this year....2015) there were even discounts Easter week, so I think you'll be safe to assume there might be some sort of deal for your time frame. I think it helps since spring breaks now span from February through April. It used to be spring break was Easter week period, so that was always the black out week. They switched things up this year, so we'll have to see what happens next year! Fingers crossed :)

Saw this on MouseSavers for Port Orleans French Quarter 2016 Seasons.
Mar 20-Apr 2 Easter
Apr 3-May 26 Regular
So I hope that since Easter is early and most of April is Regular season, discounts will be available. I've decided to not even book until I see a discount this time around. Rack rates are just too much.

Looking at April 2016-POFQ or POR- what is the earliest the discounts ever come out ? thanks!

Looks like April 2015 discounts were out at the end of December 2014. See the link in mickeynut1's post above for historical data.

We booked last week for the Poly April 2-8. Crossing fingers for a room discount! Can't wait to go back to the Poly!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter