April 2013 Trips ~ Who else is going??

Girimama33

"I've disgraced the forces of evil."
We love to go at the end of April...crowds are low and the weather can be nice...sometimes a little drizzly in the AM.

We are planning on attending the Long Beach Grand Prix on the 21st and will spend 3-4 days at DLR after that.
I will be booking a room at the FFI on Lastminutetravel.com this weekend. They have it listed for about $90.00/nt. I would love to stay at Hojo again, but only if I can get a Super Family Rate for our dates. The rooms are too expensive otherwise. It will be me, DH and DD (4). My husbands 7th cousin (from Vegas) may be meeting up with us, and sometimes I can talk my brother's families to meet up with us for a day or two.

Anyone else planning for April 2013? When are you going and where are you staying? Who is coming with you?

Hoping to get to know more April 2013 planners ~

pixiedust:

April 2013 Trips

mommy2mrb ~ 3/29-4/3 DLH
Shegardens ~ 3/31-4/6 Tropicana
aroundtheriverbend ~ 3/31-4/5 VGC
Bolty ~ 4/1
scrapbunny ~ 4/1-5
Meriweather / Nancy ~ 4/7-12 VGC
smiles33 ~ 4/11-14 HoJo
Figment&Piglet ~ 4/12-20 VGC
Ykmom ~ 4/13-19 BWIPP
SFRN97 ~ 4/14-19 HoJo
flapo ~ 4/15-20 DI&S
Sophies*mom / Elena ~ 4/15-18
BryANDJessMom ~ 4/15-19 BWPPI
Julie711 ~ 4/16-20 FFI
tbgmom / Christine ~ 4/17-20 FFI
pennyring ~ 4/18-21 CI&S
Kristi1357 / Kristi ~ 4/19-27 VGC
michelle1177 / Michelle ~ 4/20-26 HoJo
Marvel ~ 4/20-5/2 Hyatt
Imarriedgrumpy / Bethany ~ 4/21-24 Somewhere Close
Girimama33 / Jana ~ 4/22-25 - FFI
KristinRiess ~ 4/22-28 HoJo
danabalana ~ 4/23-28 DI&S
Stardusty21 ~ 4/23-28 HoJo
Huskerkelsey ~ 4/24-26
LittleBlack Rain cloud ~ 4/26-5/2
Aladora / Susan ~ 4/27 DI&S
Vigoinab ~ 4/27-5/3 DLH
DisneyMax74 ~ 4/28-5/2 BWPAI
Casey's Mommie ~ 4/28-5/3 HoJo
PrincessDisney4 ~ 4/29-5/4 GCH
Dot2Vegas ~ TBD

DH, DS (7) and I are heading down the last week of April, staying at DI&S. This will be our first trip at this time of the year, we've been end of August and also mid March but want to try and avoid some of the Spring break crowds this time!

I booked our suite way back in August and got a super sweet deal, the rate now is almost twice what I booked for! :thumbsup2

We'll be there from Apr 17-20, staying at the FFI. This is our second trip to DL as a family, last time was 3 years ago between Christmas & New Years, so we're hoping the crowds will be less and that we'll miss the spring break crowds. From what I've seen we should be OK. We have 4 day park hoppers and I hope we can see everything we missed last time!

I'm really excited. We haven't told our boys yet (boys will be 13, 10 & 7 when we go). Dh wants to do an April Fool's type prank to tell them we're going. I'm not sure I can keep it a secret that long! Now that Christmas is over it's harder & harder. The won't be 100% surprised because they know we were thinking of going sometime this year, but they haven't asked about when yet. They know we're doing some family stuff in April because our middle wanted to get involved with the school play, which is the week we're gone, so we had to give him a reason why he couldn't. Didn't ask what family stuff, just said OK. :confused3

Next week I'm going to order the Disney Planning DVD, and our Photo+ Pass.

I'm definitely the planner, dh is more 'go with the flow'. We do our best to meet in the middle on family vacations, and it works, for the most part.

Anyone have any idea what the weather will be like? I'm from Calgary, and April weather can vary so widely up here. I'm trying to figure out what we might need to pack, and if I need to dig out shorts early this year.

Anyone have any idea what the weather will be like? I'm from Calgary, and April weather can vary so widely up here. I'm trying to figure out what we might need to pack, and if I need to dig out shorts early this year.

Looks like it should be around the low 20's during the day and in the low teens at night. Or as we call it in BC, summer weather! :)

6 of us will be there April 23-28 for an all adult girls trip. :cool1:
My sis and niece and 3 other friends. We're staying at the DI&S and got a killer rate for the big family suite. I'm so excited.
We're flying down on Jet Blue. I love the direct flight into LGB. So easy. Small airports rock.
We aren't renting a car this time so I think we'll use a car service that will stop at the store for us. We like to have a few groceries, wine and good coffee. I'm looking forward to a nice dinner at Carthay Circle and, of course, at least one corn dog!
I'm also really thrilled about being able to get good coffee in the parks. Starbucks isn't my favorite but I do like it and it sure beats our previous choices.
Wahoooo!!!! :cheer2:

DH & myself are visiting April 16-20 for out first trip! We are WDW pros so excited to try DL! We are staying at FFI.

We are going from 4/20 - 4/26 and staying at the Hojo. I am so excited!

I think that I am going to have to change our flight time. We are flying in on a Saturday afternoon (arriving at 2:30) and leaving on Friday night. We were not originally planning on going to DL and Saturday but now I feel like we have to since WOC and the Fireworks are only on the weekend. :( I'm thinking of paying the $25 change fee and putting my family on the 6:00 am flight Sat morning so we can get a full day in DL and see the fireworks that night!

Hi, we technically arrive on property March 31, but will be there 3/31-4/5 so hope we can join your thread! We'll be fighting the spring break crowds, so any advice would be much appreciated.

We're DVC members, and will be making our first family trip to CA and DLR, staying at the Villas at the Grand Californian.

Can't wait! I'm having a little trouble adjusting to the DLR planning though - I'm used to having all the days planned 180 days in advance for WDW! :lmao:

We are going from 4/20 - 4/26 and staying at the Hojo. I am so excited!

I think that I am going to have to change our flight time. We are flying in on a Saturday afternoon (arriving at 2:30) and leaving on Friday night. We were not originally planning on going to DL and Saturday but now I feel like we have to since WOC and the Fireworks are only on the weekend. :( I'm thinking of paying the $25 change fee and putting my family on the 6:00 am flight Sat morning so we can get a full day in DL and see the fireworks that night!

Are you certain WOC is only on the weekends? I just looked at Jan/Feb, and that's true for a week or so in Feb, but it looks like it's every day the other weeks..... :confused3 was that published somewhere? I was going to book a WOC dinner package in about 3 weeks, although the calendar won't be out yet....

Are you certain WOC is only on the weekends? I just looked at Jan/Feb, and that's true for a week or so in Feb, but it looks like it's every day the other weeks..... :confused3 was that published somewhere? I was going to book a WOC dinner package in about 3 weeks, although the calendar won't be out yet....

I thought that I had read somewhere that off-season times they only have them on the weekends and that once spring break season is over, it is off season. I could be wrong totally though! Actually, I really hope that I am wrong!!!

ETA - I just read your dates. It looks like you are fine since you will be there during spring break! :)

I thought that I had read somewhere that off-season times they only have them on the weekends and that once spring break season is over, it is off season. I could be wrong totally though! Actually, I really hope that I am wrong!!!

ETA - I just read your dates. It looks like you are fine since you will be there during spring break! :)

WOC is shown every night...even during the off season.
Fireworks will be on the weekend only though.

Going in 04/15-04/20. Only 3 days in the parks though... staying at DI&S.

We (me, DW, DD8 and DD12) are from Mexico and super excited to go to DLR. i used to go often when I was small, but it's my family first time.

i wan time to pass faster! (and money to flow in faster) :drive::woohoo:

Going in 04/15-04/20. Only 3 days in the parks though... staying at DI&S.

We (me, DW, DD8 and DD12) are from Mexico and super excited to go to DLR. i used to go often when I was small, but it's my family first time.

i wan time to pass faster! (and money to flow in faster) :drive::woohoo:

Welcome!!!
I am sure you and your family will have a great time. Yes...April cannot get here fast enough!

Thanks for the comments about the weather. April in Southern California looks absolutely perfect for us. Dh gets grumpy when he gets too hot, and low to mid 20s C is just right. I'll definitely have to dig out the shorts. Hopefully nobody has grown to much over the winter (ha - wishful thinking!)

We'll be there April 13th (late) till the 19th staying at BW Park Place. Whatever the weather it will be warm to us! Hope the crowds are not to bad! Can't wait!

Hi - we're going in early April (straight after Easter) from New Zealand - it's our 2nd trip - first time was late 2010. Myself, my husband and our daughter who will be almost 7. She was 4.5 last time and has some definite memories of our first trip but hopefully will have even more from this trip!

Have a teacher training nearby on April 6th and we are on Spring Break so going to try to go April 1-5 with my then 9yr old daughter and twin 4 yr old sons and our family friend that loves DL. Probably staying at the Motel 6 Maingate unless we can get a great deal on a closer place.

We will be arriving 4/14 to 4/19 after spending 3 days in SAn Diego. It will be DH, me, DS(7) and DD (3). We are very excited first time out west. Been 3 times to WDW but wanted to see DL. Staying at the HoJo .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter