• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April 2013 discounts

We are planning a return April trip for April 13-21st. The first five nights will be at the POLY and the last three will be on the Disney Dream! We are excited and with our AP we are hoping for a discount at some point.
We just spent a magical week at the POLY (21st-28th) and are excited to plan a work-related trip in July and the big trip again in April 2013.
Mike :wizard: DW princess: DS (4) pirate:

First visit 1976, WDW 2/2010 BC CL, DL GC 12/2010, WDW 4/2012 POLY TPV, 7/2012 (off site meeting), 4/2013 POLY with Disney Dream cruise!

I would really love to see an April discount that would allow us to bump up to an Epcot resort for just part of April 2013 trip (dh really likes POFQ, and he would be disappointed not to stay there). I do hope something nice comes out!

Adding that we are hoping for something as well! Hopefully a mother/daughter trip:)

Should I be following this thread or the other April 2013 thread if I am on the look out for April discounts?

If by the other thread you mean this one http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2904537 (Official April 2013 thread), I say follow both. I am. Some folks might post info to one thread and not the other.

Now, if there is another thread you were referring to, point me to it please!

Thanks! I am following the April 2013 thread, but for discount watch is this the right one? There is a April pin code watch that has much more attention. I am just waiting for AP or GP discounts, not necessarily pin codes. So, I will just follow all three to be safe ;)

I'm hoping to get some sort of discount for April 2013 as well. I priced it out without any discount and it's crazy! Especially with the dining plan since my son will be 11! Keeping my fingers crossed!

anyone remember what the discount was off of the moderates last April? trying to decide if we should stick with POR and hope for a discount or switch to AOA and probably not be able to apply anything if one for the values comes out:sad2: any advice?

i want to say it was 20% off for the moderates. *Maybe* 15%, but I think it was 20. We stayed at CBR

Subbing!

I'm doubtful we'll get lucky with an early April room only discount, but one can hope. DH and I are going with my parents and brother from 3/31 (yes, arriving Easter Sunday, DH and I did Christmas week last year so we'll survive) through 4/3 at the GF with the family and then adding 2 more nights just for us at CSR.

Happy planning!!

New to this board, and I love it!

Who knew planning our trip would be so much fun!

Waiting on a room only discount:)

Still patiently waiting/hoping for April discounts :rolleyes1 (okay, not really patiently :rotfl:). We have tentatively booked 3 nights in a RGR at POR and 6 nights at BC. If there are no dicounts we'll think about shifting more nights to POR. Our 180 day mark is in a couple of weeks so I'm working on restaurant choices now. Hope everyone's planning is going well.:goodvibes

With the new DV Play/Stay/Dine ending March 7th I am starting to feel like there won't be any discounts for us. We arrive 4/5. The optimistic side of me just thinks maybe I am impatient:crazy2:
I wonder how long before the next round will be out? I am guessing november.

wdw71 said:
With the new DV Play/Stay/Dine ending March 7th I am starting to feel like there won't be any discounts for us. We arrive 4/5. The optimistic side of me just thinks maybe I am impatient:crazy2:
I wonder how long before the next round will be out? I am guessing november.

Where I live that's Spring Break for all of our state (well close to it) so I wouldn't be surprised if its a blackout date. Also..isn't that Easter weekend too? Maybe it isn't but I thought it was. Hopefully something will come out!

I just looked at my emails and the room-only discount we applied to our April 2012 reservation came out on November 30, 2011. I'm still holding out hope! We arrived on April 16 this year, next year it'll be April 13. Still Spring break season but after Easter and rates back down to regular season, so at least there's that! Maybe this current promo will be extended to include some April dates:confused3.

Did anyone call to see if there is PIN code attached to their name? I've heard others are getting them for parts of April. I haven't called yet, just haven't had some alone time to do that.

I'm confident they'll (eventually) put out a discount for most of April. Unfortunately for some, they usually don't start up until about a week after Easter so we're talking like April 7th the earliest, right? They probably throw in a couple extra days at the end to cover the Easter stragglers, so I'm betting it will be more like April 10th that the discounts will start to cover.

I just called because I wanted to ask about the offers from the Disney Visa card and she told me they haven't announced any offers for April as of yet. I'm still hopeful that they will....just getting antsy waiting...and waiting....and waiting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter