April 2013 Car Rental Discount Thread

Went on line today to Alamo to see if I could bring down a previous reservation. I was able to book using the Costco code (I am a member) , along with a $30 coupon code of AD2338FDF for a booking MCO pick up on 4/12 and drop off at MCO on 4/22 for a TOTAL of $164. That's 10days and during a prime week.

I thought that was pretty gosh darn good.

Hope this helps someone else. I go in almost daily to try and bring down reservations. It used to be much easier.

Kris

Nice :thumbsup2 What size vehicle and p/u and drop off times? I notice a half hour can drop a lot of money off.

Went on line today to Alamo to see if I could bring down a previous reservation. I was able to book using the Costco code (I am a member) , along with a $30 coupon code of AD2338FDF for a booking MCO pick up on 4/12 and drop off at MCO on 4/22 for a TOTAL of $164. That's 10days and during a prime week.

Hope this helps someone else. I go in almost daily to try and bring down reservations. It used to be much easier.

Kris

This is the same code/coupon combo I am locked in with. Just checked again and mine hasn't dropped from the $145 for 8 days.(Apr 6 1pm till Apr 14 11am) That's a full size also. The one I did notice that dropped more from last week is the minivan. For those dates and times it is $328. Like you i check daily and am pretty sure this is as low as it will go, but never say never!!!

We finally locked in with Priceline - $21/day for a standard SUV for 10 days. :banana: And we are with AVIS so I am pretty happy with what we got.

Kris

Thank you for posting! I had checked last night at they were way up from my locked in rates and today I got it down to 198 total for a fullsize with those codes! :banana: (april 15 to 23)

Kris

How do you add the visa code to the Costco code?
I don't see anywhere on the Costco site to add any of my own codes like I used to be able to do.
Do you have to know the Costco code and put that in on the Alamo site?
If so, could you please pm me the code?
Thanks!

My alamo rates haven't gone down in the last 2 weeks......have a full size car from 4/6 to 4/14 pick up in ft Myers return Orlando for $149 with the 30 visa coupon and Costco id.....I'm happy with that rate but will continue to check daily for a drop

How do you add the visa code to the Costco code?
I don't see anywhere on the Costco site to add any of my own codes like I used to be able to do.
Do you have to know the Costco code and put that in on the Alamo site?
If so, could you please pm me the code?
Thanks!

Hi!
I sent you a PM to tell you how I did it!

Kris

Just booked impromptu trip. April 5th pick up at MCO at 8:45 pm. Drop off MCO on April 14th at 3:00 PM.

Looking for something that can fit 3 in the back seat with a booster and a baby car seat.

Anyone have a nice combo of code plus coupon? really would like to stay in MCO for pick up since we land so late and must get the baby into the bed asap.

Just booked a full size rental for April 28- May 5 through Dollar for only $173. That includes all taxes and fees. There are no codes, I just clicked "City Special." Hope that helps someone !

Thank you for posting! I had checked last night at they were way up from my locked in rates and today I got it down to 198 total for a fullsize with those codes! :banana: (april 15 to 23)

Just checked AGAIN, and rate is down again, my new total is 155! :woohoo: Pretty soon DH is going to ask how come we cant get the car for free :) Started out well over 300 in Jan!

Kris

Kris, that $30 coupon code -- where is the code from? Is that Visa? If it is Visa, do I need a coupon or just pay with a Visa card?

Thanks!

Update: Sorry -- I should have searched the thread first but I was so excited to get my 4/16-4/23 rental down to $150.57 with that code from my original $279.xx with Dollar! All I need is a Visa card I take it?

Hi Lorie - back a few pages ago, i mentioned, as did another poster, that we found no coupon was needed for the $30. off. Great deal!!!

My Alamo reservation just went from 242.00 to 195.00 with 7014627 (costco) and AD2338FDF.:cool1:

I did have to call and cancel my other reservation, I could not do it online.

Is it me or are all the codes such as Costco, Visa, Southwest, BJ's. as well as the Alamo Insiders only giving 10% off ?

Check the budget canadian side not the usa side. I just did a prepay rental picking up 4/20 dropping off 5/08 full size using costco code and coupon for $221.46 all inclusive :cool1: The usa side had triple the price !!!

You Canadians have all the luck!! When go through budget.ca the price for my minivan drops to 125/wk. But it changes my residency to CA, which I am not.
So my rate goes back up to 654/wk for the ol' USA.
Bummer

Check the budget canadian side not the usa side. I just did a prepay rental picking up 4/20 dropping off 5/08 full size using costco code and coupon for $221.46 all inclusive :cool1: The usa side had triple the price !!!

But would you have to prove Canadian residency?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter