• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April 2013 Car Rental Discount Thread

My Alamo rate dropped today for my April 30-May 8 rental. I think it's $140, BUT I can't get into my other reservations to cancel them. Anyone else having a problem canceling the higher reservations when they find a new lower one??

My Alamo rate dropped today for my April 30-May 8 rental. I think it's $140, BUT I can't get into my other reservations to cancel them. Anyone else having a problem canceling the higher reservations when they find a new lower one??

I only tried to view my reservation -but I got a msg saying I couldn't cancel or modify on the website, I would have to call. I couldn't even look at it.

Dropped my Alamo rate to $208 for 4/20-5/1 :cool1:

I can't cancel my other reservations either. :confused3

But I sure do like this new price :thumbsup2

Happy that some are getting awesome rates!!!

I keep checking for May 4--May 11(p/u 5pm & d/o 11am) & the lowest I can get with Insiders/$30 off Visa code is $417. And I have cleared my cookies.

Alamo dropped tonight for 3rd week in April. Got minivan for $336 for 8 days using insiders ID and Visa $30 off coupon. Had been over $800 till tonight!

I think if you use a coupon they have prevented you from touching your reservation online.

Dropped my Alamo rate to $208 for 4/20-5/1 :cool1:

I can't cancel my other reservations either. :confused3

But I sure do like this new price :thumbsup2

Sweet, I just got mine from 4-20 through 5-4 All in for 248.28

No Contract Code, just Alamo Insiders login and a $40 off coupon - AD8Z21SDB. One I had lying around.

So right now i'm sitting on $180 all in at dollar for a compact car from 4/6-4/13. I had the choice between the compact ford focus or the midsize dodge avenger for the same price. I opted for the ford focus for fuel efficiency lol but no i'm kinda thinking if I should have gotten the avenger. Im most concerned about trunk space to fit 3 suitcases. Anyone know if the focus at Dollar is a hatchback is regular trunk? Also how big is the trunk. Tried googling but can't get a real sense of the size....

Got my alamo rental down to 215 for april 15 to 23 with the costco code and visa coupon.

I also have a ressie with Dollar for 207 for the same dates but I MUCH prefer alamo and not waiting in line- the kiosks are great. So, Ill keep watching! Loving the price drops though!

I only tried to view my reservation -but I got a msg saying I couldn't cancel or modify on the website, I would have to call. I couldn't even look at it.

Yea me too. I often don't even print them and wait until the trip and log in and print as they change so often. Having to call to cancel is a PITA and makes me wonder how many folks won't bother giving Alamo a false sense of rental reservations. I sent an email to them last night asking them to cancel several of my reservations that I made weeks ago. So far today they are still there. I sure wish National would come around and give us some decent prices. I can rent with Alamo for $139 for a 9 day rental, but the same rental is $600 with National, which is crazy. We have 8 weeks, so there's still time for things to change.

Wow I would love to see something below $380.00! :eek:
Actually I would be very very happy with anything under $200.

April 19, 5:30 pm to April 30 8pm. Tampa airport (TPA) 12 days.... hurrah and ouch at the same time.

I'm an Alamo Insider, Emerald Club member and what ever program Enterprise offers. I use Visa or Master card to rent.... I am a member of bj's, AAA and AARP

I know I have plenty of time to keep looking, clear cookies often....

If anyone else has great luck in Tampa please let us know!

Dollar rates are back down again. I just checked for 4/14-4/21 and booked for $176 with no codes, just the city specials.

I have a reservation with Dollar already with a price including everything of $436 for the full two weeks I need.
Today I checked out Alamo again since it seems the prices have dropped dramatically. I used the Rentalcarmomma.com ID and the free upgrade promo and got a rate of $392 including everything for the full two weeks. I'm excited, this is the best rate yet.

Had booked with Dollar last week for $207 USD all-in Standard car. Just re-booked the same car with Dollar via Expedia for $187 CDN.

Is anyone else renting a minivan? I'm finding $376 all included through Dollar the cheapest so far. (April 10 noon -April17th5pm) should I book and be happy with this? Never rented a van out of MCO before!
Amy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter