April 2010 - Who is Going?

Our very first trip to Disneyland is April 20-27. We will be staying at the Alpine Inn. I have never been to California before and I am so excited about going. Dd has been to WDW, we went in May 2002 and March 2004, ds was 6 months on the last trip so this is just like his first trip to Disney and flying too. Ds#2 has never been in an airplane nor has he even been on vacation yet.

Just booked April 14-17 at Park Vue Inn for myself, daughter (4), sister, and mom! So excited, especially that my mom is finally coming! She hasn't been since before DCA! I told her that wasn't acceptable anymore!

We're going April 5-10, staying at HoJo (although we might change our mind on where we're staying) and using our AP's one last time before they expire. :woohoo:

I will be doing the Back Stage Magic tour from Adventures By Disney in April. I will be at the Grand Californian from April 15-19. There will be 43 people from the Dis Boards on this tour. ABD allowed us to add 3 extra people to this tour, so everyone who wanted to could go.

I'll be arriving on April 29th, and leaving on May 2nd. My hotel of choice is the Hojo... not to be confused with the Hojo clan of Feudal Japan. It'll be not just my first trip to Disneyland, but my first vacation on my own, ever!

It will be our first stay at BLT. :yay: Looking forward to it. But I'm sure gonna miss The GF. :sad1:
Nancy pixiedust:

We'll be there April 22-27 for our annual trip! Can't wait, and we're bringing my parents for the first time.

Staying at the Villas at the Grand Californian. :banana:

This thread has been added to the sticky thread at the top. :)

Are any meets being planned?

Sorry, theres been a change of plans. I had our hotel booked and even booked the flights on Sunday. BUT, yesterday, checked the Mouseplanet Disneyland update, and BTMRR is CLOSED April 26 to May 16!!! AHHHHHH! My daughters favorite ride and the one she goes on first!
OMG! What to do???? Well, I had to change it. Luckily, I had 24 hours to change anything on my flight without penalty so I rushed around, searching for flights the same price and dates that didnt conflict with our regular lives, and, LUCKILY, figured out different dates where BTMRR will, hopefully, be operational, even if only for a few days of our trip.
Our new dates are May 11 to 19, so I no longer qualify for the April thread. :sad1:
But thats OK, BTMRR will be very much enjoyed. :cool1:

CLOSED April 26 to May 16!!! AHHHHHH! Our new dates are May 11 to 19, so I no longer qualify for the April thread. :sad1:
But thats OK, BTMRR will be very much enjoyed. :cool1:
Totally get it - I checked the dates yesterday too, and luckily it's only the rivers that really effect us.

We are headed down to stay at the Disneyland Hotel for our sons 10th birthday. We will be there from April 1st to April 5th.

As a side question, has anyone ideas for a b-day cake other than through the hotel? We used them a couple of years ago for his 7th b-day and it was a nightmare. I just don't want to risk him being dissappointed again. Any suggestions?

We currently have HoJo booked for April 25-28 but the trip is not set in stone yet. I keep having this tiny little voice in my head (and my mother outside of my head) telling me that there is more important things to spend the money on.:confused3

I too have that same issue! I finally decided to do what it was that I would do if there was not anyone around to give me their opinion!! Disney wins everytime!

Awww man, the Matterhorn is going to be closed the exact 4 days we are going to be there! Are we really missing out on not being able to go on that?

Awww man, the Matterhorn is going to be closed the exact 4 days we are going to be there! Are we really missing out on not being able to go on that?
Might be lucky and they change the dates. Can only hope. That happened to us with the Sunwheel on our last trip. We were going to miss out, then the refurb was pushed back by a week.

We will be at DLH from April 27-30. We will be in San Diego from April 23-26.

I am not one to whine too much about closures, but I am a bit bummed to not be able to see Fantasmic! (which I hear is better than at DHS) and the ELP (heading to WDW).

Does anyone know the best way to plan for a Billy Hill show? (doing a search next on the boards next) Do we need to wait until we get there to see the show's schedule? I was thinking it would be a fun thing to do on my DS's 10th b-day.
Any word on when we will see the park hours for the 4th? Do they open late/close early for Easter? Anything special for Easter done at Disneyland? A Mickey Easter Egg hunt somewhere??
Made Character Breakfast ressie's for Saturday the 3rd @ PCH, anyone else?:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter