April 2009 - When are you booking!

nflder

<font color=coral>Just when I think I am out, they
Hi all

We are headed back to the World April 15- 25, 2009. Anyone else for April? If so when are you booking? We'll be staying on site - most likely All Star Music, unless my sister in-law comes back with a good review of Pop Century from her visit in August. Can't wait - like everyone else I'm so excited I get to go back again.

rhonda

We are looking at the 8th-19 or 1st-12. We haven't booked flights yet, have you? we ususally stay off site, we ususlly do 3 nights in the disney area, 4 nights at the beach and 4 nights on south I-drive. I guess we sound like gypsies, but we have just the 2 of us, our kids are grown with their own families. If I was takaing children, I would book and stay in one spot.

staying at 3 bedroom condo 4 minutes from disney beautiul resort and way less than the resorts also have fully equipped kitchen best way to go

Hi all

We are headed back to the World April 15- 25, 2009. Anyone else for April? If so when are you booking? We'll be staying on site - most likely All Star Music, unless my sister in-law comes back with a good review of Pop Century from her visit in August. Can't wait - like everyone else I'm so excited I get to go back again.

rhonda

I'll take POP over ASMU anytime. Better buses nicer food court.
Nothing wrong with ASMU just POP does the value thing better.

pop-century.jpg

We are looking at the 8th-19 or 1st-12. We haven't booked flights yet, have you? we ususally stay off site, we ususlly do 3 nights in the disney area, 4 nights at the beach and 4 nights on south I-drive. I guess we sound like gypsies, but we have just the 2 of us, our kids are grown with their own families. If I was takaing children, I would book and stay in one spot.

Our flights are booked. We are travelling on Aeroplan so as soon as we are able to we book our flights we do, that way we can use only 25,000 points. Getting flights out of NLFD is difficult and costly. Its only the two of us as well but we'll be staying at Disney for the whole time. We really like that we don't have to drive and Disney offers so much. Since this will be our fourth trip we can relax and enjoy our time there. No commando touring for us!!

I'll take POP over ASMU anytime. Better buses nicer food court.
Nothing wrong with ASMU just POP does the value thing better.

pop-century.jpg

Since you have stayed at POP I'm looking for a bit of advice for my SIL. Is it worth it to pay the extra $10 to get in a preferred building? If not - what building would you recommend.

TIA.

Since you have stayed at POP I'm looking for a bit of advice for my SIL. Is it worth it to pay the extra $10 to get in a preferred building? If not - what building would you recommend.

TIA.

Hey...fellow Nflder here also. We stayed Pop our first trip in Dec 05 and AS Sports April 07. We preferred Pop hands down. We only had a standard room facing the computer pool...can't remember what section that was now. There just seemed to be a different feel to it if that makes sense. We are considering booking around that time again too.....hopefully we'll have enough aimiles for 3 flights from the west coast by then.

Jumping In!!!

We are booked on our second cruise for April 26th...My 40th B-day!

Looking to stay at a value before the cruise for maybe 4 nights. Have done both Pop (my kids loved ..loved it) and All star Movies, twice. Thinking about trying All star Music, due to the refurbishment, although I'm stil not sure.

We have stayed at POR the last 4 times, and love it for a family of 5, but my mother in law is coming this year, and the trip is already WAY OVER budget... ( and we have just begun!) Hoping for a deal, like the free hoppers and water park they offered this year.

I was thinking two rooms at a value would give a little more privicy and space then trying to get all 6 of us in hotel/suite off-site.Plus all the pluses of staying on site!
We always book a rental car too, but I'm thinking to let Disney transport us around this time, especially looking forward to it from the airport.
We alway travel in March, so this will be our first " April"!
Can't wait!

ITA with what Brooker said. Pop is HANDS DOWN better than the other Value properties.

If you don't go for a preferred room, I recommend the 90s section. :)

ITA with what Brooker said. Pop is HANDS DOWN better than the other Value properties.

If you don't go for a preferred room, I recommend the 90s section. :)

Pop was pretty cool... and the Coke slushies.. awesome! We stayed in the area with the Lady and Tramp, 4th floor. The elevator was great . POR does not have an elevator.
POP was really busy though, in March, seeing as it is the largest of the Values. Food court was nuts. We tried to go really early in the morning. I'm hoping April won't be as busy as March.

Hi fellow Newfie,
We are planning our first ever trip to disney world April . We have our flights booked for April 17 - 28/09. We used our aeroplan miles and we thought it was going to be 25,00 each but it ended up being 50,000 each and that is only because my husband is an elite member.
I am hoping to saty at pop this time but i was wondering about the dining plan ..is it worth it or not.?

Hi fellow Newfie,
We are planning our first ever trip to disney world April . We have our flights booked for April 17 - 28/09. We used our aeroplan miles and we thought it was going to be 25,00 each but it ended up being 50,000 each and that is only because my husband is an elite member.
I am hoping to saty at pop this time but i was wondering about the dining plan ..is it worth it or not.?

Hey Tamm - welcome to DIS! Glad to see a fellow NFLDer on here. First trip - how exciting!!! With respect to the Dining Plan - we used it in 2007 when we were there. We thought it was great. I did a lot of research into it before we decided to go with it. The thing I really enjoyed about it is that you didn't have to worry about the cost of something on the menu. For 38 dollars each - we figured we'd eat that in a day anyway or close to it. We did not have a TS meal everyday. We ate at California Grille which takes two credits - which I highly recommend.

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to ask away. And you have made the right decision to stay on site.

Happy planning!

Hey...fellow Nflder here also. We stayed Pop our first trip in Dec 05 and AS Sports April 07. We preferred Pop hands down. We only had a standard room facing the computer pool...can't remember what section that was now. There just seemed to be a different feel to it if that makes sense. We are considering booking around that time again too.....hopefully we'll have enough aimiles for 3 flights from the west coast by then.

Hey there - three nflders in one place - WOW!! What were the buses like for POP compared to AS Sports. When we've been down before - it seems like there is always an enormous line at the Parks for the POP buses.

Hey Tamm - welcome to DIS! Glad to see a fellow NFLDer on here. First trip - how exciting!!! With respect to the Dining Plan - we used it in 2007 when we were there. We thought it was great. I did a lot of research into it before we decided to go with it. The thing I really enjoyed about it is that you didn't have to worry about the cost of something on the menu. For 38 dollars each - we figured we'd eat that in a day anyway or close to it. We did not have a TS meal everyday. We ate at California Grille which takes two credits - which I highly recommend.

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to ask away. And you have made the right decision to stay on site.

Happy planning![/QUOTE

Thanks for answering my question. We are all really excited about this trip.
I am from central nl what part are you from?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter