April 20-27, 2016 1st Disney World Trip

bheuett

Earning My Ears
Hi everybody! Been a long time looker but rarely post. My family and I are making our first trip to Disney World in April 20-27. We are staying at Port Orleans and are extremely excited. So I'm trying to pass time for my excitement by doing a little research and could use your help. My biggest question is: what days of the week is the best to go to each park? Like is the Magic Kingdom obviously the busiest on the weekend and should we do it like on Thursday or Tuesday? And how many day should we spend at each park? We have 6 day park hoppers. We talked about only doing a five day park hopper and taking a day in the middle to rest at the resort but for only a few bucks more we got the 6th day incase we want to make a quick trip into one of the parks. So your advice is welcomed! Thank you

I have relied on the park recommendations on the easyWDW crowd calendar for years.
http://www.easywdw.com/easy/calendars/april-2016-walt-disney-world-crowd-calendar/

As for how many days in each park - for a 6 day stay without PH we would do one day each at AK and DHS and 2 days each at MK and Epcot.

WITH PHs, we might hop to the evening EMH park on our AK day, and possibly on our DHS day if we didn't want to see Fantasmic or the SW fireworks.

ETA If you haven't done so yet, you really need to make any dining ADRs ASAP. But pick which parks you will be in each day first.

Last edited:
For crowd calendar/park recommendations: Easy WDW is great like minnie mum said.
For touring plans: touringplans.com. I used Touring Plans for both of my WDW trips. They charge a small fee, but you are a member for a year.

For crowd calendar/park recommendations: Easy WDW is great like minnie mum said.
For touring plans: touringplans.com. I used Touring Plans for both of my WDW trips. They charge a small fee, but you are a member for a year.
And if you "read" all the way to the bottom of touringplans.com, they'll give a code for 20% off. I got a one year subscription for less than $11.

Being it's your first trip, I would think about not getting PHs. There is soooo much to see and do in every park and if you have a shorter day, use it to relax at the resort, you're paying a lot of $$ to stay there so you should enjoy the great theme of POR and the Yee-Haa Bob show or take a relaxing boat ride to DS for dinner.

I used http://**************.net for our first visit and had a wonderful time! My kids were 11, 8, & 6. We did get PH and were glad to have it. We enjoyed being at one park in the morning, taking a late afternoon break, then going to a different park for the evening. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter