April 19, 2008 - Western - VERY Early Roll Call - Anyone??!!

We're back and had a great trip. The P&PP was great-just like someone here (sorry, it was pages back and I forget!) said, no lines and we got tons accomplished. Of course, we didn't have my son with us (he stayed at the hotel with my mom) so that helped us get a lot more done too. Not saying he slows us down or anything, but, well, he's a bit of a challenge sometimes. ;)

I read something about Vitiello's bakery and have to say I completely agree that they make the best bread, hands down. Whenever we're in NJ visiting my mom I always make a request for some of their bread. A close second for me is Calandra's. And they have that restaurant on 46 with cheese baked into their bread. Simply delicious!

Glad to see the 75 dayers got some great excursions! Hypermommy, I bet you'll get a Palo ressie once you're onboard. When we were trying to change our dining last cruise, a lot of people were booking Palo and they had a lot of times open to choose from.

Oh, and I'll work on getting some photos uploaded from our trip. Then you can all see what we look like. Just promise you won't all hide from us in fear of my crazy son!

Hi everyone...

Hope everybody is doing well. Great day here in NY after that game last night. It kinda reminds me of the Rebel Alliance taking down the evil Empire. Anyway, spirits are high.

Here is what we currently have planned for the cruise..

Day 3
ER :rolleyes1 at 2:00pm
Palo dinner at 7:00pm

Day 4
Aquaboat & Snorkel Adventure

Day 5
Four Elements (maybe Xcaret? we'll see)

Day 6
Palo Brunch 11:30am
Couples Massage at 2:00pm

No activities for Key West and Castaway Cay. We'd like to have some slow leisurely days. Add this with our Romance Package and all of the Alcohol tastings we can fit in, and I think it will be a pretty relaxing and enjoyable Honeymoon. :thumbsup2

Hi everyone...

Hope everybody is doing well. Great day here in NY after that game last night. It kinda reminds me of the Rebel Alliance taking down the evil Empire. Anyway, spirits are high.

Here is what we currently have planned for the cruise..

Day 3
ER :rolleyes1 at 2:00pm
Palo dinner at 7:00pm

Day 4
Aquaboat & Snorkel Adventure

Day 5
Four Elements (maybe Xcaret? we'll see)

Day 6
Palo Brunch 11:30am
Couples Massage at 2:00pm

No activities for Key West and Castaway Cay. We'd like to have some slow leisurely days. Add this with our Romance Package and all of the Alcohol tastings we can fit in, and I think it will be a pretty relaxing and enjoyable Honeymoon. :thumbsup2

I didn't realize the cruise is going to be your honeymoon:love: CONGRATULATIONS!

FAVOR

I bought my magnetic ink jet paper today from Walmart. It was only $6.98 for 5 sheets which I thought was a pretty good price. I know someone mentioned they had the print out (?) for the Mickey ears for the door. Who ever it was, could you please e-mail it to me at
wdhinn89@optonline.net I'm really sorry I don't remember who it was but I have CRS Disease:laughing: Please forgive me:)

Hypermommy-- When you get some free time, can you please send me an April Showers of Happiness picture with Adult Male, Adult Female, 13 yo Boy & 10 yo girl stick figure Mickey and Minnie picture.

Thank you so much. Time to get my but in gear and start some door decorations.

Diane

:cheer2: :cheer2::cheer2: YEAH GIANTS !:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I didn't realize the cruise is going to be your honeymoon:love: CONGRATULATIONS!

Me neither! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's someone else we won't see all that often <evil grin>

Just messing around. Hoping you have a great time and find just the right balance of freewheelin' fun and newlywed privacy to make the trip absolutely blissful for you!

Hypermommy-- When you get some free time, can you please send me an April Showers of Happiness picture with Adult Male, Adult Female, 13 yo Boy & 10 yo girl stick figure Mickey and Minnie picture.

Be happy to. You want your last name on it? If so, what's your last name (just a bit swamped right now and it's easier to ask you for it here than to go look it up on the spreadsheet. Doing the graphic won't take but a moment becuase I have all the elements separated).

:cheer2: :cheer2::cheer2: YEAH GIANTS !:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Had to leave that in. So does this born-and-bred South Carolina girl get to count herself as a NY'er due to marriage? DH is from NYC (or just outside -- White Plains). Which explains why my kids are so screwed up with a Yankee Daddy and a GRITS (Girls Raised In The South) mom :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Why do Sox fans feel the need to be so defensive? :

Not defensive, just happy:) that one of our teams made it all the way this year. You have to understand that real Red Sox fans loved their team even when they never won! There's no fan like a true-blue Red Sox fan - have you seen "Fever Pitch" ?:cheer2:

I vote for walking in the morning also. I know myself - if I say I'll do it "later" I'll find a million reasons not to do it! If we plan to walk in the morning and then get in another walk later, all the better!

MassDisLovers: I know how Sox fans are, just having a little fun.:goodvibes
Us Yankee fans are the same. I'm a NY'er born & bred.

Hypermommy: Your DH is from White Plains? I am from just north of there. :thumbsup2

OSUBuckly: You & DH will love the ER> We did it last time. :hug: What happens in the ER stays in the ER!:rolleyes1

BTW everybody: I am happy to report I won $500 on the Superbowl!!!!!!!!!!:cool1:

Antoinette

MassDisLovers: I know how Sox fans are, just having a little fun.:goodvibes
Us Yankee fans are the same. I'm a NY'er born & bred.

Hypermommy: Your DH is from White Plains? I am from just north of there. :thumbsup2

OSUBuckly: You & DH will love the ER> We did it last time. :hug: What happens in the ER stays in the ER!:rolleyes1

BTW everybody: I am happy to report I won $500 on the Superbowl!!!!!!!!!!:cool1:

Antoinette

Hey congrats on the $500 :cheer2: $$$$ to use on the cruise:cheer2:

Be happy to. You want your last name on it? If so, what's your last name (just a bit swamped right now and it's easier to ask you for it here than to go look it up on the spreadsheet. Doing the graphic won't take but a moment becuase I have all the elements separated.

The Hinners Family

Thank you:hug:

:cool1: I think walking in the morning would be best. Then we coud sip mimosas and sit on the deck chairs. What time are we thinking?

Denise: BWV is Boardwalk Villas
Thanks for the updates, I'm still undecided about the Yankee Swap :confused3

:cheer2: Go Giants :cheer2:

Hello Everyone! My DH and I just found this board. This will be our first Disney Cruise and we are so excited!! DD will be 7 ans DS will be 4 during the cruise. Like many of you we were up at midnight last night booking excursions, no wonder the site was so slow!!:)

Here is our itinerary if anyone would like to give us any tips, we would greatly appreciate any advice:

4/18- Fly in, Stay at Radisson at the port
4/19- Get onto ship ASAP (Can anyone shed some light on this....procedues, etc....):confused:
4/20-Figure out something to do on our own.....Suggestions???:confused:
4/21-Day at Sea
4/22-Grand Cayman, Pirate Encounter pirate:
4/23- Cozumel, Dolphin Encounter
4/24- Sea
4/25- Castaway Cay, Glass Bottom Boat, Palo for Dinner
4/26- cruise over :scared:

Any suggestions, comments, etc. are surely welcome :)

Risa, Patrick and 2 kiddos :cool2:

Frankiemal1: Welcome :grouphug:

What time are you doing the Pirate encounter and the Dolphins? I am doing those 2 excursions also.:thumbsup2

What cabin are you? Where are you from? :confused3

Glad you found us.:flower3:

Anty

GO GIANTS! Nothing like a home team winning! :banana:

Wdhinn89: I have the mickey ears...I will send them off to you. Anyone else interested in them, I can send them to you as well.

Welcome Frankiemal1!!! My DD is 7 as well! Where are you from? We are doing the Pirate Encounter too! What time? Where is your cabin? Sorry...20 questions here! We are just a very friendly group! There are some great general cruise threads on the board...best tips, best packing..I believe one of them is a "sticky" at the top of the list of threads...I printed it out...and took a highlighter and went through it...so many tips...very valuable ones! Have fun reading them. If you have specific questions, don't be afraid to ask here or on the main cruise thread...we are here to help. You are going to LOVE your cruise, that I know for sure!!! Welcome to the DISboards!

Anty: Congrats on the dinero! By the way, my dh convinced me that the later pirate encounter excursion would be better...so I guess we are going to be walking the plank together!

OSUBuckley: Are you getting married right before the cruise? We did a cruise for our Honeymoon too...RC though..but loved it and the cruise bug bit my husband! 5 cruises later, here we are!

I have an idea...but need help..specifically techie help...on our last DCL our dismeets group set up another "private" online site that was just for posting pictures of our families...that way we recognized each other when we saw them onboard...It was pretty cool...another diser recognized my daughter from our picture and came up and introduced themselves with a "you must be Tinkified from the DIS" openner and we boarded an elevator and said..."hey, aren't you..." And it was just another cool way to get to "know" each other again before the cruise..It makes for a nice ice breaker too! So the question is...does anyone know of a site that we could all just post pictures? The last one was some type of MAC site...forget where...And of course we could do it here...but it is nice to have them all in one place with no other stuff going on and no need to scroll through posts to see new ones etc...ANY IDEAS for a site? Come on! I know someone is techie :surfweb: out there who has an idea? So who's got one?

Have a good night...we have no school tomorrow..Primary Day...which means catch up laundry day for me! My daughter is calling me for John and Kate Plus 8! Anyone else into that show?

Another monday gone!
Michelle

Hi All!
Will be on the 4/19 western!!
Myself Felicia
DH Robert
DD Caitlyn 12

Flying in on the 18th staying at the sheradon coco beach (free shuttle to port and beach access next to ron jons and has a big surf shop school and travel center DD will love the surf theme)

Did not plan any excursions, figure all the island visits were friendly enough to taxi/ walk and go it alone

This is a DVC trade for us. Our 8th disney cruise, 4th western did 2 easterns and the 3 and 4 day wonder.

We have also cruised on the big red boat, rccl mariner, norwegian jewel, and caribbean princess.

When we leave the cruise we head to ft. lauderdale to pick up the caribbean princess for a 4 day to grand turk and princess cay.

DCL is deffinately cream of the cruise crop.

Looking forward to April

Felicia From Lovely ocean county New Jersey shore

:) Welcome everyone! I'll update the spreadsheet tomorrow!

I'm in for the walking group, unless I'm hungover, of course. :faint: I'm not a real morning person either, remember I'm the vampire of the group, I work nights.

Congratulations on the Superbowl win. My husband and I would have won $250 if the Giants didn't get that last touchdown. We had numbers: 0,4. Too bad for us! :sad1:

I love the pictures posting idea but I'm not techy enough to know where or how to do that! Hypermommy, I volunteer YOU! :)

No Monday off for us, Friday my kids have off!

-Joan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter