April 17, 2015 - 5 Night Wonder to Grand Cayman

kim532

DIS Veteran
So we just booked last night. So excited I can't stand it. I don't know I can stand the wait.

Please join me while we wait for our cruise.

Kim

This will be our first DCL cruise but we had done 2 cruises previously. Before kids we had been on Carnival and Holland America.

Introductions:
Me- Kim - 39
DH - Ryan - 39
DS1 - Evan - 7
DS2 - Joel - 6

I work as an Accountant, DH fixes copiers, both DS's are all about princesses and presently Star Wars Angry Birds.

We are a pretty typical family. Our main goal before this cruise is to get the boys to be swimming independently. DS1 loves water as long as he can touch bottom. He is afraid to learn to actually swim. DS2 thinks he can swim even though he can't. So we have to constantly be right next to him.

Here is a family picture from our last DL trip. (Removed. It was way to big and I tried to change settings to make it smaller)

Kim

Hello Kim. Your DS's are so cute! You and your family are in for such a treat! I have never cruised on anything other than Disney Cruise (one and only up to now was on the Fantasy).
I have heard that the Wonder is in for refurbishing and so it is probably going to be even better than it was over the last few years. Have you been to the Caribbean yet? We loved it!
Looking forward to getting to know you and Ryan over the next year
pixiedust: Joanne

This will be our first DCL cruise but we had done 2 cruises previously. Before kids we had been on Carnival and Holland America.

Introductions:
Me- Kim - 39
DH - Ryan - 39
DS1 - Evan - 7
DS2 - Joel - 6

I work as an Accountant, DH fixes copiers, both DS's are all about princesses and presently Star Wars Angry Birds.

We are a pretty typical family. Our main goal before this cruise is to get the boys to be swimming independently. DS1 loves water as long as he can touch bottom. He is afraid to learn to actually swim. DS2 thinks he can swim even though he can't. So we have to constantly be right next to him.

Here is a family picture from our last DL trip.

Kim

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :beach:
Have a great cruise!

Hello Everyone. My family is booked on this cruise. It still seems very far away. This will be our third DCL cruise. We went to Alaska last August on the Wonder which was amazing. We love doing the FE exchange and hope we will have a group on this cruise. Looking forward to planning with you all.

Victoria

Hello everyone! We got off of a 7 night Western Caribbean on the Fantasy yesterday and booked this cruise for next year while onboard.

This will be my mom Mary's first cruise and we are going to celebrate her birthday!! This will be the 3rd Disney Cruise and 2nd on the Wonder for myself Jessica (35 when we sail) and my DH Nathan (40 when we sail).

We have no kids but are obsessed with Disney and are kids at heart!

Hope to be able to join a FE group!

We live in Las Vegas, we grew up in Colorado, and my mom lives in Iowa.

Can't wait to get to know you all more soon!

:ccat::smickey::tink:

I know it is too soon now to get into the the whole FE thing, but I have never cruised Disney before so I am not 100% on the logistics. I have a friend at work who explained it to me, so I THINK I am good on what happens. Just not on when to start planining that part of the trip. I am not crafty and was looking at FE to buy off of Etsy. There are some nice ones there and $$$.

We are also thinking about inviting my mom on the cruise with us. She went on our Holland America cruise 10 years ago and has said it was her favorite vacation ever. She doesn't travel well and has backed out last minute on a vacation. SO I am hesitant to invite her just yet on this cruise. She is suppose to go to WDW with us in July. Little does she know that her behaviour on that trip will influence her being invited on the cruise.

Can't wait to get to know everybody more.

Hi All!!!
My family(me-28, DH 31, DS1 4, DS2 21 months) are very excited about our second cruise. I LOVED our first one that was on the Wonder as well. We had a great Server and Asst. Server, we had to go back. We will Be cruising with my In-laws and My mother. I think it was so fun. I did FE last time and I am excited to do it again. After this post I am going to hit up the Facebook group as well. I am so excited.

We booked last night!

This will be our 3rd Disney cruise…..with our 2nd being just ONE month away!

Our little family includes -

Kim - myself
Michelle - my partner
Gracie - our little almost 4 yr old Princess princess:

Let the countdown begin! :cool1:

This will be our 1st Cruise :).. it will be My 2 girls .. 7 y/o and 1 y/o my husband and myself . We are so excited !!!

:thumbsup2

hello all!

this is our second cruise, our first one out of Miami

It will be me, my husband, our soon to be 6 year old and 3 year old

Our first cruise, this past September, was a 4 night on the Dream and we never got to enjoy the clubs because the 2 year old wasn't old enough and our oldest has a speech delay.... now here's hoping they will love the clubs!

:cool1:

if anyone has recommendations of where to stay in Miami I'm all ears!

:cool1:
My family and I are booked on this cruise too. We have never cruised before,
( I am a little nervous ) but so excited.. We live 20 minutes north of Boston and we are DVC members. I am a newbie to all of this including the Fish Extender ( is that what it is called? ) so any advice anyone could give me would be great!!!

:cool1: My family and I are booked on this cruise too. We have never cruised before, ( I am a little nervous ) but so excited.. We live 20 minutes north of Boston and we are DVC members. I am a newbie to all of this including the Fish Extender ( is that what it is called? ) so any advice anyone could give me would be great!!!
Hi. We live near Boston too and are going on this cruise!! This will be our second Disney cruise. I had no clue last time about the FE. I went on pinterest and etsy to get ideas as I want to try it this year.

Hi I'm Jessica (38) and this is our 2nd Disney cruise. My husband is Mike (38) and our boys are Landon (9) and Darren (8). We are super excited!! We are also going to WDW afterwards

Hello! We're also booked on this cruise - this will be our first cruise and we can't wait!

Our family includes:

Myself - Leanne (25)
My husband Kyle (25)
Our son Micah (will be almost 5)
And another son Jonah who is due in September (will be about 7 months when we depart)

I can't wait to hear some tips from all of you veteran cruisers!

-Leanne

Hey Everyone,
I am very excited to be finally joining a cruise meet as a newbie at cruising! We have booked this cruise and are very excited about going, and perhaps meeting people onboard ;)

In my family there is myself (Stacy), my husband (Philip), and our 3 year old son (Brayden), and he is very happy to be going on the "Mickey Boat".

I must admit though, that we are all newbie's (hence my name) at cruising so reading other comments have been helpful, but am totally open to hearing more :)

Less than a year I need to start my FE. I was also having a couple meet-ups But not sure what people like. Give me some Ideas. I have just cruised once before with Disney but It was so much fun. Can not wait.

Working on booking a group (8-18 ppl) of ICU Cardiac Nurses for a girls' getaway. Never cruised Disney before, but we're all excited! Just confirming numbers so we can book. Interested in doing FE, but afraid it might just be for kids???

Hi there SandleOoo! We don't have kids and did FE on our last cruise which was lots of fun! It allowed us to get to know everyone easily too! This time we will be taking my mom on her first cruise to celebrate her birthday and we will all be participating in the FE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter