• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April 16th, 2011 -Western Caribbean

Welcome CHOPR! We are from Long Island, too! Hope to meet up with you on the ship!

Does anyone know if a final (or nearly final!:) ) FE list and/or roll call is for our cruise? I tried to skim thru, but there's like 20 pages!

Is there a time/place set up for a "meet"?

Thanks! Can't believe it's almost here!!!!!!!:dance3:

cancelled the kayak excursion for key west ... not sure what to do in key west with 11,8,5 year old ... suggestions?

I too am looking for the finalized list. I am almost done shopping and I am trying to put together the items by age/stateroom.
I cannot believe we are leaving for our cruise in 18 days!!!

I sent the final FE listing out on Monday. I pm'd them to the 9 names that I had and I emailed them to the other 2. Not sure why they weren't received. I will resend them. If you don't get it, please either email or pm me.

Thanks.

cancelled the kayak excursion for key west ... not sure what to do in key west with 11,8,5 year old ... suggestions?

We are doing the Trolley-booking it when we get off the ship. It is cheaper and you can get off and on if you book through them. There are a lot of unusual things to do down there. I used to go to school near their.

We are booking through the company and saving money. Any kid under 12 rides free, but if you book on the ship it cost the full adult price.
Go to the keno sandal company!

Who is going to be there the night before we leave for the cruise? We should be there late in the afternoon. we are planning to swim for sure!
Maybe some of us can meet up before we board. I have a 16 year old dd and an 8 year old dd who is looking for friends.
Julie

Who is going to be there the night before we leave for the cruise? We should be there late in the afternoon. we are planning to swim for sure!
Maybe some of us can meet up before we board. I have a 16 year old dd and an 8 year old dd who is looking for friends.
Julie

Hi, there's a teen thread where my dd (15) and some others have been talking, and making plans (and already facebook friends of course). You may want to have your dd check it out. We're not going to be there the night before, but once on the cruise there should be a good group of teens to hang out.

We have a ds (15 also) - anyone else have teen ds? I've seen quite a few of the teen dd's out there, but no ds.

Can't wait - less than 3 weeks!!

away! I hate how fast our week will go too! I need this vacation. I am burned out on working! I didn't lose the weight I wanted to for the cruise, but I will still have a great time.

I can't believe that the time is almost here!! I now have to put a move on it to finish all the last minute details. Looking forward to some warm weather - been in the 40s all week. Next week looks better - 60s-70s, but more rain (at least its not snow or sleet). :)

Since I haven't heard any other suggestions... the FE group is going to meet at 3:00 in the Promenade lounge - if anyone else from this group would like to stop by. I look forward to putting faces to the names.

We had our 5th snow day in Maine. We were all hoping for an April Fool's joke, but no. Just came in from shoveling. Now I can't wait for the cruise. I am done with winter. Bring on the sun!!!:mickeyjum

I agree about bring on the warm weather. We had more snow yesteday in Boston. I can't take any more snow!!!!

I tried on shorts and capris. Need to see what fits over over my new stylish BOOT.:scared1:

Time to iron and pack. Two weeks from now we will be getting ready to drive to the port!:rotfl:

I'm getting so excited! The suitcase that has been sitting on my floor in anticipation since February is finally beginning to get packed :cheer2:
Exactly two weeks from today we will be relaxing in heat and sunshine. This extended cold will make us all appreciate that warmth even more. :laughing:

Going to make my FE tonight...Yaaaay!

See ya all soon, :grouphug:
Jamie

I'm getting so excited! The suitcase that has been sitting on my floor in anticipation since February is finally beginning to get packed :cheer2:
Exactly two weeks from today we will be relaxing in heat and sunshine. This extended cold will make us all appreciate that warmth even more. :laughing:

Going to make my FE tonight...Yaaaay!

See ya all soon, :grouphug:
Jamie

exactly 2 weeks from today at 11:45am, boarding should be just starting :cool1:

Wow. Less than two weeks from now we'll be at sea!

Notice to those doing the FE exchange: I bought something for the adults that I thought was a local product; I was going to do a "here's a little something made in Charleston gift". Then as I was wrapping up the gifts, I realized that the item I bought was actually made in another state. Oh well! The company was started here (and the item does have the palmetto tree and crescent moon like the SC flag). Anyway, that's why you are getting what you are getting!!! :rotfl:

What excursions are the families with children doing in Grand Cayman? I need to book something. I am thinking about booking the Island Tour, but am not sure if riding around in a bus would be a tad dull.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

What excursions are the families with children doing in Grand Cayman? I need to book something. I am thinking about booking the Island Tour, but am not sure if riding around in a bus would be a tad dull.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

We are trying the "pirate encounter" It sounds fun and takes up the morning. I was thinking for lunch doing Margaritaville afterwards ... or perhaps a taxi to a public beach ... ?

I did not get a copy of the FE list.......I hope that we are on it! This is our 8th disney cruise and we booked this cruise the first day it came out last year....

we love doing the FE!!!!!

we are in 5022/5024 (SPH's!)

me,Cathi, 41
DH, Jeff, 40
DD, Alassia, 10 (turning 11 on 4/29)
DS, Zachary, 9..........................*****multiple/severe food allergies******
DD, Victoria, 6
my mom, Ginny, 66
my dad, Jim, 80

Please add us to the FE list! My kids think getting FE trinkets is one of the highlights of the cruise. Plus they really enjoy giving out the gifts to fellow disboard members.

Pirate Encounter in Grand Cayman. We imagine that because it's "Pirate Night" that night onboard we would max out our pirate-ness.pirate:
FYI the space shuttle will be launching that same evening. Unfortunately for us it will be launching north east and its very unlikely we will see anything.
Does anyone know how to arrange for a character breakfast or is it to late?

I just wanted to ask if anyone has gone on the boat before with a teen and if they said anything about the stack.

I was wondering if anyone is going to be staying at a hotel the night before the ship leaves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter