• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April 16th, 2011 -Western Caribbean

The Joys of a GTY cabin :cloud9:

We have been moved multiple times and are currently in 5627. Good because we are on the kids deck and DS Quinn can be in with his age group in mere seconds. :thumbsup2
Bad because we are right over the kitchens and next to the crew elevators. :scared1:
Where shall our cabin wander next? Any guesses? Want to start a pool?popcorn::
Speaking of pools, how do we want to self identify at the comfort inn and suites pool? We will be there fairly late having had to drive for nine hours to get there and my brain may not be working exceptionally well.:surfweb:
Finally, where should we meet aboard on day 1? I suggest one of the pool areas because the kids will want to be there already.:grouphug:

44 DAYS!!!!!:banana:

I have a question about the fish extender. How are you planning for the families that have not joined yet? I have made one thing and I can make extras. I wanted to get things for the kids. I was planning a few different things, depending on age. Are you picking up extras or just going to chance that you will be able to get the same thing? I am trying to decide what to do. Any suggestions? Thanks

We now have 11 cabins involved in the FE exchange. I will send out another update hopefully this weekend. The deadline is mid-March, so this should give time to make or gather any extra item(s) needed. Being a month before we sail (which seems to be rapidly approaching!!)

As for a meeting place - I have seen several other groups mentioning the Promenade Lounge at 3:00. The pool area may be full / crazy?? Any thoughts?

Can't wait to meet everyone, soon! :banana:!

I see that you are in Charlotte...so are we...small world! My son does have a FB account. Does your email address have 2 m's or one?)

Hey Mommy 681

This trip is getting closer, I thought I would try to reach out to you and see if you got my last message. We were talking about getting our sons in contact via FaceBook so that they had a "friend" to go to the tween club with.

As I said, my son Greg will be just a month short of 12 (but he is often mistaken for 14), he's into sports (Baseball/Basketball) and XBox/XBox Live. Please let me know if you want to put them in touch. My contact info is:

bmmcd1998@yahoo.com

If anyone else has a son about the same age, my son and one other are already playing XBox live together and would welcome others from the tween club on this trip that want to hang out while on board. :cool2:

IS IT APRIL YET???!!!

The Joys of a GTY cabin :cloud9:

We have been moved multiple times and are currently in 5627. Good because we are on the kids deck and DS Quinn can be in with his age group in mere seconds. :thumbsup2
Bad because we are right over the kitchens and next to the crew elevators. :scared1:
Where shall our cabin wander next? Any guesses? Want to start a pool?popcorn::
Speaking of pools, how do we want to self identify at the comfort inn and suites pool? We will be there fairly late having had to drive for nine hours to get there and my brain may not be working exceptionally well.:surfweb:
Finally, where should we meet aboard on day 1? I suggest one of the pool areas because the kids will want to be there already.:grouphug:

44 DAYS!!!!!:banana:

recently. I was wondering if they could switch our room again now that we are assigned a room. So they can change your room eh?

I have a question about the fish extender. How are you planning for the families that have not joined yet? I have made one thing and I can make extras. I wanted to get things for the kids. I was planning a few different things, depending on age. Are you picking up extras or just going to chance that you will be able to get the same thing? I am trying to decide what to do. Any suggestions? Thanks

things that are for several ages or for at least a couple different ages-teens
gum, movie candy, hair tie for girls, word finding kind of games for several ages. I also got bubbles, glow sticks, pirate type items, beach item-beach ball blow up. I made some family items that I will put into the adult FE
Hope that helps

So how many cabins are involved now in the FE. With the first email we got it was 10 I believe. Just was wondering. My great aunt is making our Fish extender. I can't wait to see how it comes out. Even though this is our second cruise, it is the first time participating. It does add a ton of excitement to getting ready.

For those staying at the Country Inn & Suites Friday night we should meet up by the pool. Since with kids that is where we will all be. :yay:

What time will you guys arrive at the Country inn and suites?

Hey Mommy 681

This trip is getting closer, I thought I would try to reach out to you and see if you got my last message. We were talking about getting our sons in contact via FaceBook so that they had a "friend" to go to the tween club with.

As I said, my son Greg will be just a month short of 12 (but he is often mistaken for 14), he's into sports (Baseball/Basketball) and XBox/XBox Live. Please let me know if you want to put them in touch. My contact info is:

bmmcd1998@yahoo.com

If anyone else has a son about the same age, my son and one other are already playing XBox live together and would welcome others from the tween club on this trip that want to hang out while on board. :cool2:

IS IT APRIL YET???!!!

Are you flying down to Orlando or driving?

Hey Mommy 681

bmmcd1998@yahoo.com

IS IT APRIL YET???!!!

I would love for them to hook up before the trip

Are you flying down to Orlando or driving?

We are flying down on late friday afternoon out of CLT, then staying at the Airport Hilton. Have a car service picking us up for the 10:30 check in slot (Yes, I know we can't get aboard that early). Darn!:upsidedow

I do have a 17 DD, she is in 11th grade. How can she touch base with yours?

Bill

Can't wait to have our first magical experience at sea :cool1:

We have DD 14 & DD 12- hope there'll be some girls these ages to hang out with.

Looking forward to meeting new friends :beach:

We are flying down on late friday afternoon out of CLT, then staying at the Airport Hilton. Have a car service picking us up for the 10:30 check in slot (Yes, I know we can't get aboard that early). Darn!:upsidedow

I do have a 17 DD, she is in 11th grade. How can she touch base with yours?

Bill

Your DD up on facebook. Maybe they could hook up then?

What time will you guys arrive at the Country inn and suites?

Our plane arrives at 10:30 and my parents will be picking us up shortly thereafter. I think that we are planning on driving straight to the port, maybe stopping for some lunch. I don't expect we should be any later than 3:00. (lunch, and stopping to buy water/wine to carry on board). When will you be arriving?

Our plane arrives at 10:30 and my parents will be picking us up shortly thereafter. I think that we are planning on driving straight to the port, maybe stopping for some lunch. I don't expect we should be any later than 3:00. (lunch, and stopping to buy water/wine to carry on board). When will you be arriving?

to Jacksonville where we will be picking up my DD and then driving on to the CI&S. I expect we will get there no later than 3pm ourselves. Can't wait!!

Can't wait to have our first magical experience at sea :cool1:

We have DD 14 & DD 12- hope there'll be some girls these ages to hang out with.

Looking forward to meeting new friends :beach:

Your family will love to have the experience. I have DD 16 going and DD8 going

Travel alarm clock-obvious.
Power strip-cause there are only a couple plugs in your cabin.
Battery chargers- I will say it again, battery chargers (goes with your power strip)
Big mug-for all the free soda, the cups provided are rather small and have no insulating qualities at all.
Night light-no need to wake the entire cabin because you need to go to the bathroom at 3am.
Flashlight that needs to be held to stay on-perfect for the kids, no need to buy extra batteries if the flashlight turns off when they let go when they finally go to sleep.
Snorkel mask and snorkel-They will rent them to you. The first thing you do is spit in the mask to keep it from fogging up. My mask=my spit. Their mask=ewww.
Insulated can holder-for all us beer drinkers. No need for that $5 beer to go warm.
Binoculars-Awesome views of the stars at sea.
Basic first aid kit-bandaids, aloe lotion, seasickness meds. All are available aboard ship, for a price. Bring your own and you won't need any.
White pillowcase-Drop it off at the customer desk and the characters will sign it for you. It will be returned the last day.
Postcards-drop them off at the post office at castaway cay for a fun reminder of your lovely cruise.

Anything I missed?....

Travel alarm clock-obvious.
Power strip-cause there are only a couple plugs in your cabin.
Battery chargers- I will say it again, battery chargers (goes with your power strip)
Big mug-for all the free soda, the cups provided are rather small and have no insulating qualities at all.
Night light-no need to wake the entire cabin because you need to go to the bathroom at 3am.
Flashlight that needs to be held to stay on-perfect for the kids, no need to buy extra batteries if the flashlight turns off when they let go when they finally go to sleep.
Snorkel mask and snorkel-They will rent them to you. The first thing you do is spit in the mask to keep it from fogging up. My mask=my spit. Their mask=ewww.
Insulated can holder-for all us beer drinkers. No need for that $5 beer to go warm.
Binoculars-Awesome views of the stars at sea.
Basic first aid kit-bandaids, aloe lotion, seasickness meds. All are available aboard ship, for a price. Bring your own and you won't need any.
White pillowcase-Drop it off at the customer desk and the characters will sign it for you. It will be returned the last day.
Postcards-drop them off at the post office at castaway cay for a fun reminder of your lovely cruise.

Anything I missed?....

I went to the Dollar Store last week and got:
Clothespins - I have heard there is a "line" in the bathroom so you can hang bathing suits and you need them to hold back the curtains/privacy curtains a well
Over the door shoe organizer (I got 2 in case I could put 2 up or if one breaks) so you can hang it over the door in the bathroom for "organizing"
Air fresheners....I have heard that sometimes the bathrooms can have an "odor" to them so I just thought - why not?

My BIGGEST concern is how much data I need for my cameras. We have the SLR camera but then we have a crappy little Nikon Coolpix point and shoot one. This is the one you will just slip into the bag/let the kids use, etc. I have an 8GB and a 1GB...I feel like I need 2 more 8GB since I won't have a computer to upload my pictures too. I don't want to buy super expensive cards on the ship when I can get them cheap from Amazon or somewhere.

I know people keep saying bring water cups for soda but can you bring insulated coffee mugs? Is there free coffee or can you use it for the coffee from room service?

We are not getting down to CC until Saturday. We "check in" at 11am so we aren't leaving Orlando area until 9-ish.

I cannot believe how close the cruise is! I feel like I booked this FOREVER ago.

Now I need to get going on the preparations!!

WOOHOO!

DITTO! Cruise is coming up real fast! DVC members going on our second DC:cool1:
DD16,DS14,DD9. Can't wait

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter