April 14, 2007 Eastern Cruise!

Two really important questions:
Do the rooms have hair dryers? and Irons?
or do we need to pack these two thing.

Thanks
TJeff

Thanks
TJeff

PS, I tried to resize my sig, have to wait til tomorrow to see if it's small.

I know there is a hairdryer in the bathroom attached to the wall. Never saw an iron, but also never looked for one.

Thanks
TJeff

Hairdryers yes.

Irons are specifically PROHIBITED due to fire safety reasons. Don't bring 'em.

Lets go Yankees!

Thanks
TJeff

From what I've read on the DIS....there is a hairdryer in the bathroom but not very powerful (I'm bringing my own). Ironing was a concern of mine as well. Apparently there are irons available free to use in each of the laundry rooms.

Let the packing begin! :cool1:

Yes, there is a iron in the laundry area or you can send things out to be pressed.

I have never had a problem with the hair dryers in the bathrooms but they do tend to get hot.

Great, I'll let the DW know.
We still need to BUY clothers nevermind start the packing.
And with my son getting over the 24 hour bug and my wife having it today, AND we need to plan Easter dinner over our house for about 20+ people, AND, AND, AND... (and I don't know how many days I can take off from work this week)...

Can't wait til next wednesday when we fly out. :banana:

We head down a week from Friday.

Just ordered goody paks for the kids and they are being shipped right to the ship for a little surprise.

I am still picking up a few new clothes but I won’t pack until the day before we leave.

I am still not sure what to do about the t-shirts. I will try to think of something.

Saw the Disney Wonder last week it really got be excited for our trip on the Magic.
The parks were busy. Had to wait 50 mins for the Rock n’ Roll rollercoaster at MGM.
That night during EMH the wait was a long as 70 mins. Anyone heading to the parks first make sure you get some fast passes.

We got our cruise documents today and the excitement level is ramping up! ;) :banana:

Our DDs (11 and 9) are wondering if there are any others their age travelling that they might be able to meet up with? :cheer2:

We got our cruise documents today and the excitement level is ramping up! ;) :banana:

Our DDs (11 and 9) are wondering if there are any others their age travelling that they might be able to meet up with? :cheer2:

Mentally or Physically?:rotfl2:

I have a bug too. My middle DS and I that is. Bummer to be missing work but I want to be 100% next Tuesday for the parks.

Packing on hold once again...:confused3

We have not received our cruise docs yet :eek: We leave for FL on the 12th and I'm getting concerned. If we don't receive them today, I'm going to call asap.

I decided to make large buttons from Zazzle instead of shirts for our dismeet. I used the "It all started with a mouse" design created by the design team. I'm crossing my fingers the buttons will look good.

I started packing yesterday BUT I keeping finding new clothes at the mall. :rolleyes: I've got to stay out of the stores.

I haven't recieved mine either. Hopefully soon!!!

I checked the cruise ship schedule for April and as we all figured we get to dock in St. Thomas. The cruise this week has to anchor. YIPEE for us.

I have a bug too. My middle DS and I that is. Bummer to be missing work but I want to be 100% next Tuesday for the parks.

Packing on hold once again...:confused3

OMG,
I got it late last night and was down for the count all morning today.
My DD (2) seems to be better today, she got it yesterday mornign.
My DW still feels a little dizzy, but much better.
And my DS(5) felt great yesterday and was a big help at night when both me and my DW couldn't get off the couches.
Today, he's back doing so so.

As if 8 days of vactions on the books wasn't enought, it now looks like I'll be taking 3 or 4 Sick days too so were at 100% for the flight down.

TJeff

My cruise docs came today. Now I am ready to go, I just have to wait until next friday. Hate to hear about lots of people getting the bug. That is my biggest fear that someone in my party will be sick and they won't let us on.

My DD11 has been looking for someone her age.:princess: She'd love to meet your girls. She is already signed up for the Lab.:cheer2:

OMG,
I got it late last night and was down for the count all morning today.
My DD (2) seems to be better today, she got it yesterday mornign.
My DW still feels a little dizzy, but much better.
And my DS(5) felt great yesterday and was a big help at night when both me and my DW couldn't get off the couches.
Today, he's back doing so so.

As if 8 days of vactions on the books wasn't enought, it now looks like I'll be taking 3 or 4 Sick days too so were at 100% for the flight down.

TJeff

I'm back at work now. Still coughing but feeling better.

I've warned the kids that this will be a souvenir-free kind of vacation.

I finally received our cruise docs today. While I was going through the packet, I noticed a Bahamas form. Do we have to fill out this form even though we're not going to the bahamas? :confused3

I did not receive any other docs to be filled out. Is this because I have already done the on-line check-in forms? :confused3

One last question to those repeat cruisers....should I pack beach towels or are there enough towels available for the beach days?

Let's talk disney: Castaway cay is in the bahamas so you do need tofill them out. One for every member of your party. I found them confusing so I did a forum search to see how others had filled them out. You don't need to fill in travel agent info and you can abbreviate the port to PC.
It's been a while since we cruised but I don't think you need beach towels. You can always grab some from the pool area to take along.
See you in 10 days!!:banana:

I finally received our cruise docs today. While I was going through the packet, I noticed a Bahamas form. Do we have to fill out this form even though we're not going to the bahamas? :confused3

I did not receive any other docs to be filled out. Is this because I have already done the on-line check-in forms? :confused3

One last question to those repeat cruisers....should I pack beach towels or are there enough towels available for the beach days?

Castaway Cay is in the Bahamas...and so, we have to fill out the form.

If you filled everything out on line, then you should be fine if you have it all printed, signed and ready.

There are usually plenty of towels...save the space in the luggage!

This is off an old thread but worked for me previously.

Arriving by: you're correct with Discovery Cruises / Ferry / Other Ship

Airline/Flight No. blank

Date of Arrival: 5/01/06 (date you're arriving in Nassau)

City where you boarded: if you write PTCANAVERAL with no space after PT, it just fits in the spaces

Travel Agency: we've always used one, so I'm not sure but the disneycruise.com seems like a good idea if you just booked through Disney's website

City of Travel Agency: I think you'd leave this blank

Intended Stay: I left this blank, but I think on our first cruise I wrote in 0, you're not staying overnight in the Bahamas

Type of Accommodation and Hotel Name or Intended Address: Blank

EDITED TO ADD THAT YOU SHOULD PUT THE DAY YOU WILL BE IN CASTAWAY CAY IN THE SPACE FOR INTENDED STAY!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter