April 14, 2007 Eastern Cruise!

Thanks for the Welcome!!

The party total is fluctuating. Trip was a christmas gift to my mom, but she has injured her back so I'm a bit lost at the moment and trying to fill her resvtn. I guess I learned :teacher: the value of trip insurance....:confused3

Friends just took the Western and LOVED it. :rotfl: Raved about everything. :banana:

Anything Disney has to be quality....rule to live by.

Only question - how likely is it to get reservations at Paolo's once on-board. Being a novice - I logged onto the website 75 days out at 8pm and was out of luck except dinner on the first night. I snapped it up, but expect to be delerious with exhaustion that day. Was hopping for a brunch or tea at some other time. Possible to get a ressie once on board?

We are still lurking out here waiting for the cruise...we can't wait...my Mom decided to come with us so now we will have one extra person on board..has anyone who booked a guaranteed room been given their exact room yet..can't wait...25 days till we leave for WDW....can't come soon enough after Friday and Saturday shoveling and snowblowing all night and day.

We are still lurking out here waiting for the cruise...we can't wait...my Mom decided to come with us so now we will have one extra person on board..has anyone who booked a guaranteed room been given their exact room yet..can't wait...25 days till we leave for WDW....can't come soon enough after Friday and Saturday shoveling and snowblowing all night and day.

Call now I was able to change my stateroom even when I first called and was told gty only. I told them that online is show several cabins numbers. They then called upstairs (IC) and I was able to get the cabin I wanted. Currently it is showing many cabins in all categories.

Only question - how likely is it to get reservations at Paolo's once on-board. Being a novice - I logged onto the website 75 days out at 8pm and was out of luck except dinner on the first night. I snapped it up, but expect to be delerious with exhaustion that day. Was hopping for a brunch or tea at some other time. Possible to get a ressie once on board?

How early to plan on getting to the ship? Around 1:00 they open up the reservation area. If you get there early enough you should be able to get one.

I am leaving tomorrow for Disney World.:banana: :banana:
I wish we had a solution for the t-shirts.:sad2:

Anyone looking for a cute onboard gift check out www.goodypak.com They just put a cruise pak togehter.

I have made my door signs. Is anyone else going to make door signs?

I do plan on getting there early around 10-11AM, so I will give that a shot. Thanks.

I am leaving tomorrow for Disney World.:banana: :banana:

:eek: WHAAAAAAAAT!:eek:

Listen missy you were just there in Thanksgiving, how are you going back now????? How long this time??? Where are you staying? Share, share....I'm very jealous. Think of us! :cold:

tigr people have said they hold back half of the reservations for when you board. And there are cancellations and no shows during the week for Palo's.

Don't forget to have the kids arrive with bathing suits on under their close on 4/14. The best time to swim is after boarding. (I tell all the new people this! :) )

Call now I was able to change my stateroom even when I first called and was told gty only. I told them that online is show several cabins numbers. They then called upstairs (IC) and I was able to get the cabin I wanted. Currently it is showing many cabins in all categories.
Thanks..before I call IC, if I went through a travel agent do I have to go through her or can I call direct. Also, what side of the ship is best?

Thanks..before I call IC, if I went through a travel agent do I have to go through her or can I call direct. Also, what side of the ship is best?

Have your TA call. You can go online and do a dummy reservation to see what room are open. Then call you TA with you pick.

Both sides of the ship are great. This is my fourth cruise but first Eastern. I am not sure about the other ports but the ship usually backs in at Castaway Cay giving the starboard side a great view of the island.

:eek: WHAAAAAAAAT!:eek:

Listen missy you were just there in Thanksgiving, how are you going back now????? How long this time??? Where are you staying? Share, share....I'm very jealous. Think of us! :cold:

I am going for 5 days M-F. Staying at the Coronado Springs. I haven't even started packing yet! The weather in Orlando looks great for this week.:cool1: I am sending you a PM.

Stay warm and I will check back next weekend.

Too bad about the t-shirts(I really liked them!) Tell me what we are getting now! I cannot post from work(against policy) but I can and do read the posts! Since I work on a 'puter all day, I really avoid the dang thing when not at work!
Weekend slowed me down a bit(snow rain slush) but I managed to verify that the boys suits fit, just need to get the big guy to make sure his tux fits! Bought patterns and fabric for pirate costumes(took out the sewing machine) but have not actually started these YET.
Looks like i will have to get birth Certificates, cuz it looks like our passports WILL NOT arrive in time.......

Pershing...I noticed that two of my sons are the same age as two of your sons (10 and 12)

My 10 year old has Autism. :( While he's not severe, he's definately young for his age.

I've actually asked if my 12 year old could be put in the stack. He and my youngest butt heads alot and they need a vacation from one another. However, DCL probably won't allow it so yeah, look for us at the cruise meet party!

I didn't buy fabric and patterns for pirates outfits but I AlSO have the sewing machine out to modify some junkie clothes into pirate outfits. It's on the list.......:hourglass

Isn't this lovely weather we are having this day before spring!?!;) I was afraid cruising in April would not feel as if we were leaving the cold behind, boy, was I wrong. I took my son to NYC this weekend to see the Beauty and the Beast play on Broadway-it was great! Now he can get excited about the cruise, all he has been talking about is seeing Gaston and the Beast!!
The t-shirt problems are disappointing but I was thinking we could all buy lime green shirts and put what we want on the front. We would still be able to find each other that first day, who else could be wearing lime green.:confused3 See you all in a couple of weeks!! Tyna

The lime green idea with our own picture is a good idea. Sounds like a go to me. Any more word on the tendering in St. Thomas? When does the schedule come out?

We are staying at the airport the first night( friday). Is anyone else?

I just checked to see how many ships will be in St Thomas while we are there,
http://www.cruisecal.info/portal/St.Thomas,USVirginIslands/tabid/2016/Default.aspx
cruisecritics.com says that when more than 6 ships are in port a ship will need to tender. It looks like the Disney Magic Eastern cruise prior to ours may have to tender as there are 7 ships in port that week. I think we should be safe!:banana:
How early is everyone planning on getting to the cruise on Saturday? I am hoping to get there around 10am but it will depend on how fast my boys get moving in the morning.

Hey, I just got my Cruise checklist in the mail with the doc. pamplet with it.:banana: :banana:

Geez, last time we went you couldn't check in online yet. There were so many booklets to fill out. Now there's just one! Cool!:cool1:

Lime green shirt! Great idea. Like I said before AC Moore has every color Hanes T-shirt for like $5 or less. It's great!

I agree it will obvious who are disers at the port! I mean what other families are going to have every member in a lime green shirt besides us!:dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter