April 14, 2007 Eastern Cruise!

http://images1.snapfish.com/34963<383fp389>vq=32:8>7:6>762>WSNRCG=32357569<3:;5vq0mrj

http://images1.snapfish.com/34963<383fp384>vq=32:8>7:6>762>WSNRCG=32357569<3:;4vq0mrj

http://images1.snapfish.com/34963<383fp385>vq=32:8>7:6>762>WSNRCG=32357569;9:;3vq0mrj

Showing photos on threads is a weakness for me. Here goes!

I gather the iron-on idea is not a winner.:sad: I did buy stuff at AC Moore to try it though. Never knew Hanes t-shirts were so cheap there! :thumbsup2 I'm gonna do a 'family' T-shirt or maybe pirate shirts for the pirate party.

Ok, back to having them designed:

The first t-shirt is from Zazzle. The lime green actually looks pretty good. This t-shirt is pretty simplistic.

The second is from customink. I tried the username on the back.

I figure we can go from here with the ideas. pixiedust:

It didn't work so well. I can email the photo album of the t-shirts to anyone who wants to help me design this thing!

It didn't work so well. I can email the photo album of the t-shirts to anyone who wants to help me design this thing!

It is kind of hard to see the shirts. Did you order the one through zazzle?

I can always ask the fellow Dis'er who embroidered our shirts for the Thanksgiving cruise. I could show him our design and see what he can do. He had an embroidered picture of the ship on the front and the sail date on the sleeve.

He did a great job and the shirts were awesome.

PC020275.jpg

It is kind of hard to see the shirts. Did you order the one through zazzle?

I can always ask the fellow Dis'er who embroidered our shirts for the Thanksgiving cruise. I could show him our design and see what he can do. He had an embroidered picture of the ship on the front and the sail date on the sleeve.

He did a great job and the shirts were awesome.

PC020275.jpg

That would be great! Please ask today if you think of it.

I'm gonna email the t-shirt to you just in case he says no.

I will contact him right now!

Do you have a good size copy of the imaine we want. When I save it -it comes out tiny.

Did any of you guys read this thread about tendering in St. Thomas?
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1378385

It looks like it has been the second cruise of each month (which would be us) that has to take a tender into port. From what I have read it was not a pleasant experience. Now I am a little concerned because I do not want it to be too difficult for my Mother or MIL.
The schedule for April is not out yet for docking in St. Thomas.

I heard from my friend and he said due to the fact that it has Mickey on he said "Copy write and trademark laws prevent me from selling anything with Mickey’s image or basically anything Disney" so we are out of luck there. So we would probably have to make it ourselves unless a company had a licensing agreement with Disney.

Another option is to go through Disneyshopping.com (via zazzle), decide on a design and wording:

http://www.zazzle.com/collections/disneyinkshop/default.asp?from=d

http://www.zazzle.com/collections/d...640240930707679&dsny_ctgy_level=1&dsny_ctgy1=

No copyright issues since it's through Disney Shopping and each group can order their own. Costs about $15.00 per shirt.

Apologies ahead of time if this option was already proposed.

Edited to add: I think the only problem going this way is that you're limited on what wording you can put on the shirt.

:grouphug:

Why don't we have a live chat at a specific time and make some quick decisions about the T-shirt. Disboard has chat availability right next to the userCP, we might as well use it.

How about tonight at 6:00? I'll be on in Alternate Room 3. Join me if you can! I'll hang out for about 15 minutes to see if anyone's there.
Topic-Computer Mouse shirt? or Disney shirt design with username on back (pick some designs).

Maybe we can bang this out tonight. Maybe we'll need another chat tomorrow.:hourglass

Tonight at 6:00 doesn't work for me :(. I wish I could be there! If this chat doesn't have the best turn out, maybe we could try something a little later?

:grouphug:

Why don't we have a live chat at a specific time and make some quick decisions about the T-shirt. Disboard has chat availability right next to the userCP, we might as well use it.

How about tonight at 6:00? I'll be on in Alternate Room 3. Join me if you can! I'll hang out for about 15 minutes to see if anyone's there.
Topic-Computer Mouse shirt? or Disney shirt design with username on back (pick some designs).

Maybe we can bang this out tonight. Maybe we'll need another chat tomorrow.:hourglass

I'll chat live if I can figure out how to get there. I agree, let's try to get this together asap since we're getting close to our sail date. Yeah! I myself, am leaning towards Zazzle since we can order the design and t-shirt directly through them. I checked out the design on the previous post and thought that the mouse actually looked pretty good on the lime green shirt as well as not bad on the red t-shirt either. :offtopic: At least we've agreed on a meet time and place. :grouphug:

Chat didn't work-maybe we could set up another time.

I'm gonna be in Providence Thurs. night thru Sat. afternoon at an autism conference. I wish my son's laptop was still working, I would bring it.

I still think scheduling a chat would be a great idea, if a bunch of us could commit to day and time.

Yogibigdog- I read that thread about the tendering on St. Thomas. :eek: Are you sure its our cruise that has to tender or is there still a chance that we won't. From my reading, the April docking schedule hasn't yet posted, so there's still a chance we won't.

I still haven't thought through the whole getting to Trunk Bay on our own route. I'm winging it! Which is really not like me. I didn't book any excursions but plan to just get off the ship, grab a taxi to the ferry and go! (Having written that and looked at it I will probably go research it now.):lmao:

Chat didn't work-maybe we could set up another time.

I'm gonna be in Providence Thurs. night thru Sat. afternoon at an autism conference. I wish my son's laptop was still working, I would bring it.

I still think scheduling a chat would be a great idea, if a bunch of us could commit to day and time.

Yogibigdog- I read that thread about the tendering on St. Thomas. :eek: Are you sure its our cruise that has to tender or is there still a chance that we won't. From my reading, the April docking schedule hasn't yet posted, so there's still a chance we won't.

I still haven't thought through the whole getting to Trunk Bay on our own route. I'm winging it! Which is really not like me. I didn't book any excursions but plan to just get off the ship, grab a taxi to the ferry and go! (Having written that and looked at it I will probably go research it now.):lmao:

Pershing: I tried logging on to Chat but I kept getting an error message....not sure why even after looking at "help" Ugh! My family is ok with wearing any design and color t-shirt we can come up with. Although my husband did say he's only wearing it on the ship :love:. I just noticed you live down the Cape. We spent last weekend at the Cape Codder Resort in Hyannis. We had a good time although I would never pay their summer rate.

When I called DCL yesterday I asked if it showed if we would be tendering in St Thomas. They told me as of now it is showing we are not tendering. So let's keep our fingers crossed.

I was able to change my cabin. It looks like there are still a lot of cabins open. For some reason it gave many people gty rooms when there are cabins open. When I called they had to "call up stairs" and they were able to switch cabins. If you do a dummy reservation online and see a cabin number open that means it is available. There is a glitch in the system so if you called ask them and they say it is showing only "GTY" ask them to check with someone upstairs.

I have not done an online chat but would like to join you if I can figure it out. Just let me know when.

I have been to st thomas numerous times on disney an have always docked at st thomas is this something new. cindy

In Maine today it is only supposed to be in the single digits temperature wise. I looked at the weather on St. Thomas and yesterday it was 85 and sunny. The cruise can't come soon enough.

I have been to st thomas numerous times on disney an have always docked at st thomas is this something new. cindy

According to the other thread:
Christiaan told me that they have to tender once in March and again in April. He said it is a rotational basis. When I told him that they should opt for a different port on the week they would have to tender in St. Thomas, he said that they would lose their spot since they already only visit that port every other week. I gathered from his reply that docking space is given on a loyalty basis between the ships that frequent that port.

I had only posted on this thread once and then had some computer problems. Just wanted to confirm that we are meeting at 3pm at Deck 9 aft.
Not sure if I mentioned before but there will be myself, dh, dd (8), dd(4) and then we also have dh's mother, my brother and his girlfriend and her dd (12). I hope that all makes sense, I had no idea what all their shortforms would be. :confused3

I can't believe we're down to just over 5 weeks!! :cool1:

Just checking in again.
It's been hectic around my house and haven't been on in awhile.
Can't wait.
We still need to pick up a few more pirate costumes.

Cindi - welcome, saw your post a few pages back.

Jeff

Also checking in after a break, DS 9 just finished a big geography project and today is the cub scout pinewood derby so it has been crazy around here. Can't wait to sit on Deck 4 with a drink-of-the-day on a comfy lounge chair and think of nothing!!
Can't wait to meet you all, either. 3pm on Deck nine, correct? The t-shirt seems to have stalled despite great effort from all involved. It turned out to be a lot harder than I could have imagined. I will try to check in every day to see if a decision was made about how to get them, I am ok with either ordering from a company or printing a transfer.
Who is going to be "in town" the night before the cruise and where are you staying. We are staying at the Hampton Inn in Titusville, I was able to get it with my Hilton Honor points thus saving more money for the above mentioned drink-of-the day!!
Have a great weekend!
Tyna

I am not sure what to do about the T-shirts either.:confused3

We will be at the Country Inn and Suites in Port Canaveral. I got a room with a bunk beds my kids don't share a bed well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter