April 14, 2007 Eastern Cruise!

Two Months from tomorrow we are headed down for the cruise. The countdown really begins. :cool1: anyone else flying in the day before and staying at the Hyatt at the airport?

We are in a category 4 family verandah room...we were originally booked on the cruise that leaves in two weeks and had to change. On the original cruise we were on we were able to pick our room from the ones that were available. When we changed the booking they automatically put us in a GTY even though the web site and expedia showed several other rooms available including some in locations we wanted. However our TA said the only way to change the dates back in january was to take a GTY...in our case it probably does not matter as we probably wont get upgraded but it stinks having no control over the room we get...we have our fingers crossed that we get a decent room location.

We are looking forward to the cruise and are working on getting our 3 yr old potty trained so we can move him from flounders to the club..

We also are pretty much planning on doing the beaches in St Martaan and St. Thomas as well as CC...

We are in a category 4 family verandah room...we were originally booked on the cruise that leaves in two weeks and had to change. On the original cruise we were on we were able to pick our room from the ones that were available. When we changed the booking they automatically put us in a GTY even though the web site and expedia showed several other rooms available including some in locations we wanted. However our TA said the only way to change the dates back in january was to take a GTY...in our case it probably does not matter as we probably wont get upgraded but it stinks having no control over the room we get...we have our fingers crossed that we get a decent room location.

We are looking forward to the cruise and are working on getting our 3 yr old potty trained so we can move him from flounders to the club..

We also are pretty much planning on doing the beaches in St Martaan and St. Thomas as well as CC...
:scared1: I would definately have a problem with that! You are putting out for a cat. 4 which ain't cheap!!! I think you should be able to choose your specific cabin.:confused: Did you cancel the other cruise under special circumstances-like really close to sailing time? Now that I could understand the GTY, but still.:guilty:

2 months! :eek: Our T-shirt! We need to get moving!

We canceled about a month and half before the trip...actually we were supposed to leave on the western cruise on Feb 24th but felt the weather would be better in April and gave us more time to potty train...

pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate:

P2150397.jpg

I bought some "pirate loot" at the Disney store over the weekend (little treasure chest from McDonald’s) I going to hide it some place on Castaway Cay and have my kids look for it.
I know the ship usually has a scavenger hunt my I saw these and thought it would be cool to hide.

I am going to try to pack light. For pirate nights my kids will probably wear pirate shirts and hats. I know they sell pirate stuff onboard. We usually bring our own beach toys for Castaway Cay so I need room for that in my suitcase.

78903Pirate.jpg

My 5 yr old dd will be a pink pirate princess. we will just be wearing pirate shirts. My husband does not like to dress up. Bummer!
Jo

In the DMC flier this moth there were POTC tatoos. We collected them from a couple of friends to save and take with us. My DD wants to put them on her cheeks for Pirates night. She wouldn't go all out because she didn't want to look like a boy, but for Christmas I bought her a pink Pirates shirt and the eye patch to go along with it. Then after Xmas Target had pirate trinkets for $1.00 so we got a plastic sword. She is so excited for Pirates night now.pirate:

In the DMC flier this moth there were POTC tatoos. We collected them from a couple of friends to save and take with us. My DD wants to put them on her cheeks for Pirates night. She wouldn't go all out because she didn't want to look like a boy, but for Christmas I bought her a pink Pirates shirt and the eye patch to go along with it. Then after Xmas Target had pirate trinkets for $1.00 so we got a plastic sword. She is so excited for Pirates night now.pirate:

They do sell pink "Mickey ear" pirate hats that says something like Pirate princess on it.

going on the 7 day eastern cruise with 2 friends this is our annual girls cruise no husband or kids. can't wait would love to meet up with people who are alsp cruising then cindy:cheer2:

I just got directed to this thread. (Thanks munchkinsmom :)) We also cruise on the 14th. This will be our first disney cruise and we are super excited. There will be myself, dh, dd (8) and dd(4).

I just got directed to this thread. (Thanks munchkinsmom :)) We also cruise on the 14th. This will be our first disney cruise and we are super excited. There will be myself, dh, dd (8) and dd(4).

Welcome! Glad you're here! :thumbsup2

It's also our first Disney Cruise, and first big trip out of state. DH, DD (6) and DS (4) and I can't wait!

going on the 7 day eastern cruise with 2 friends this is our annual girls cruise no husband or kids. can't wait would love to meet up with people who are alsp cruising then cindy:cheer2:

That's so cool! :cool2: Hi! :wave: I wish my friends would come with me on a cruise. It's just that I'm the only single mom in my group of friends. Their dh's are too busy wanting to buy 'toys' to spend money on a DCL cruise. :eek: Priorities people!

I can't believe you're leaving the kids home!:eek:

danielsfamily :welcome: aboard! I tell all new people the one tip that made my kids happy-arrive with your kids wearing bathing suits under their clothes. The best time to use the pools is right after they board. Other tips-arrive around 10 or 11. Rent a car and skip Disney's transportation as they all arrive at once and flood the terminal. Those are my biggies :idea:

Castaway Club Members are you going to the gathering? If you are, can we wear our T-shirts or armbands? Or something.....not having a dh, it's hard for me to walk into this gathering. Last time, I just took a deep breath and walked in. Luckily, I met up with someone from the boards as we'd had a dismeet the first day in one of the bar area's. (Don't ask me which one, I didn't know the ship that well yet.)

Hello, It's been a while since I checked in, hope everyone's cruise planning is going well. My DS 14 will wear his Jack Sparrow costume from Halloween, all he can talk about is meeting Jack on the cruise. I am wearing a black peasant skirt with a white blouse. This week I am hitting the fabric store to see if I can find something to make a sash out of. My DH and DS 9 are refusing to dress up. I have no idea what they will wear that night.
Does any one want to plan a meet for the first day? I have been reading trip reports and several groups have had a meet at 3pm.
Tyna

will be on the april 14th cruise with my two best friends we take a cruise every year without the husband and the children. anyone getting together while on the cruise.:woohoo:

Hello, It's been a while since I checked in, hope everyone's cruise planning is going well. My DS 14 will wear his Jack Sparrow costume from Halloween, all he can talk about is meeting Jack on the cruise. I am wearing a black peasant skirt with a white blouse. This week I am hitting the fabric store to see if I can find something to make a sash out of. My DH and DS 9 are refusing to dress up. I have no idea what they will wear that night.
Does any one want to plan a meet for the first day? I have been reading trip reports and several groups have had a meet at 3pm.
Tyna

I think a dismeet at 3:00pm the first day is a great idea. :woohoo: What have we all decided about t-shirts? We should think about ordering the shirts soon. :confused3

Yes, I'm thinking that we should probably finalize and order the t-shirts pretty soon. Does anyone want to voulenteer to be the t-shirt organizer?

A 3:00 Dismeet works for me. Can anyone think of where we should have it?

I am glad to have found the forum. I just got off the February 10th Magic Western and now it looks like this will be our time to check out the Eastern!

Should be four of us (if all stays the same...) Me..Scott-34....my mother, Diane (we are from Texas) and two friends of the family from California (Liz and Jay)

My baby sister works on the ship, so we mainly are going to see her again.

Anyone else in the 30something crowd?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter