April 14, 2007 Eastern Cruise!

We are planning on renting cars on St Thomas and St Martin and sight seeing on our own. At CC we are doing the Stingray excursion at 10am I believe.
Has any one submitted our picture and saying to the design board? If not does any one know how to do that?:confused3

Did anyone book there excursion yet? If not what excursions are you leaning towards?

Wow...it's been 10 years since we've been to St. Martin & St. Thomas. Looking forward to going back. I think we'll venture off on our own again to do a little sightseeing then to the beach for the day. We were considering going back to Orient Bay but staying closer to the Bikini beach section on St. Martin and going back to Maegan's Bay beach on St. Thomas. On CC DS 8 would like to do the banana boat. Since this will be our first time on CC I'd to relax and explore the island (take it all in) and not spend time doing a lot of excursions. Have any of you gone for a bike ride on the trails with the kids? If so, is it worth doing?

Wow...it's been 10 years since we've been to St. Martin & St. Thomas. Looking forward to going back. I think we'll venture off on our own again to do a little sightseeing then to the beach for the day. We were considering going back to Orient Bay but staying closer to the Bikini beach section on St. Martin and going back to Maegan's Bay beach on St. Thomas. On CC DS 8 would like to do the banana boat. Since this will be our first time on CC I'd to relax and explore the island (take it all in) and not spend time doing a lot of excursions. Have any of you gone for a bike ride on the trails with the kids? If so, is it worth doing?

We did rent the bikes in November. We all had a great time. It is a 4 mile path with water stations along the way. There was also an observation tower off the bike path that was under construction and should be open by the time we get there. My 5 year old had no trouble doing the whole route. We definitely plan on doing that again. I have also done the parasailing on Castaway Cay which was great. I heard the glass bottom boat is a waste of money. Other than the bike's we will probably rent a float or tube and take it easy.
I am still undecided about St. Martin and St. Thomas

We're going to golf on St.Thomas.
Other than that, not much.
My DD will be 23 months old, and I'm not about to see is she can scuba dive just yet. :rotfl2:

I was discussing our cruise with DS9 and talking about the other kids on the cruise and if he would like to chat with the pre-cruise. He seemed reluctant so I mentioned that there were several boys around his age who liked Pokemon. He immediately thought of his gameboy and how he could play pokemon on the gameboy with other kids. Here is the problem: I was going to insist he leave all games at home because he would do nothing but stare at that screen if allowed to.
My question is this: are you letting your kids bring thier portable game system and if so what kind of rules/guidelines do you set up ahead of time?
I am so torn because there are times(airplane and waiting in the port) where the game would be convient to all of us :rotfl2: but once he brings it we are left open to the fight over how much time he gets to have it. I was hoping to avoid being "mean Mom" on this cruise-we all need a vacation from her!;)

My question is this: are you letting your kids bring thier portable game system and if so what kind of rules/guidelines do you set up ahead of time? I am so torn because there are times(airplane and waiting in the port) where the game would be convient to all of us :rotfl2: but once he brings it we are left open to the fight over how much time he gets to have it. I was hoping to avoid being "mean Mom" on this cruise-we all need a vacation from her!;)

My DS 8 brings his handheld game system and Ipod with him to pass the time during the flight. Once we get to our destination, he's so busy during vacation that he doesn't think about using them until we're back at the airport.

I was discussing our cruise with DS9 and talking about the other kids on the cruise and if he would like to chat with the pre-cruise. He seemed reluctant so I mentioned that there were several boys around his age who liked Pokemon. He immediately thought of his gameboy and how he could play pokemon on the gameboy with other kids. Here is the problem: I was going to insist he leave all games at home because he would do nothing but stare at that screen if allowed to.
My question is this: are you letting your kids bring thier portable game system and if so what kind of rules/guidelines do you set up ahead of time?
I am so torn because there are times(airplane and waiting in the port) where the game would be convient to all of us :rotfl2: but once he brings it we are left open to the fight over how much time he gets to have it. I was hoping to avoid being "mean Mom" on this cruise-we all need a vacation from her!;)

Ditto. For the plane trip and stuff. DS has Pokemon Silver and wants the red one (that's about all I understand).:confused3 He's having a 'Pokemon' Birthday Party in March.

I My question is this: are you letting your kids bring thier portable game system and if so what kind of rules/guidelines do you set up ahead of time?

My boys don't even have a portable game system. They will be 8 and 6 in May. We will probably bring a portable DVD player for the plane and that is it. I did see their favorite computer game Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 was on the computer in the Oceaneer Lab. They kept very busy at the port. There are TV's with Mickey cartoons. Plus everyone is talking and the kids tend to run around and meet new friends. Usually a couple of Disney Characters come out for a photo opportunity so that will also keep them busy.

I was reading some of the threads in the DCL forum regarding how many people actually dress up for Pirates Night. Looks like not as many people dress up in Pirate outfits for the 3-4 night cruises on the Wonder and while more dress up on the 7-night cruises, it depends on whether there are repeat cruisers on board or informed cruisers who frequent boards like the DIS. It got me wondering how many of us will be in full pirate gear or in tropical wear for our cruise.

DH, DD, DS and I will definitely be dressed up in Pirate outfits. How about you?

This is a list of the Dis'ers who have signed on to this thread

2munchkins
3boyswdw
All American
Barrettclan
Catnip0113
CRSNDSNY
dis2008
disneyfanatic3166
dutch_girl_scout
EAP'sDAD
gammasip
GreatDaneMom
hannahmom
Let's Talk Disney
luvbuggy
MargaretMary
Mass-cateer
MEdisneyfan
mkjmom
munchkinsmom
Par8hed
pershing
STLFAM
TJeff
Triggs2
tyna
VBSunGoddess
westieridgeback
wilbeer
yogibigdog

Two maybe’s
Miscoehill
Disneyfan1130

There were 30 groups. Some we have not heard from in a while. If your lurking just check in so we literally know who is still on board.
If we have shirts it will be easy to identify each other in the terminal and when we first get onboard. Does anyone know where we stand on the shirts. Does someone want to take charge of the shirts?

I was reading some of the threads in the DCL forum regarding how many people actually dress up for Pirates Night. Looks like not as many people dress up in Pirate outfits for the 3-4 night cruises on the Wonder and while more dress up on the 7-night cruises, it depends on whether there are repeat cruisers on board or informed cruisers who frequent boards like the DIS. It got me wondering how many of us will be in full pirate gear or in tropical wear for our cruise.

DH, DD, DS and I will definitely be dressed up in Pirate outfits. How about you?

We will be in full Pirate outfits.
Some of the 15 in my group already have them, some still need to get them.

It looks like the latest list has 6 DD or DN's that are 6 and 3 DD's or DN's that are 5...I am assuming that DN means Neice...

My dh and I are sooooooo ready for this cruise. Our 5 yr. old dd was very excited to hear that there would be quite a few girls her age to play with.
Thanks!

Has anybody that booked GTY gotten a room assigned yet?

Last time, we were GTY and we found out our room assignment when our documents arrived in the mail. I don't know what's going to happen with this new online stuff. Do we still get docs in the mail?:confused3 If we filled out our paperwork online?:confused3

Has anybody that booked GTY gotten a room assigned yet?

What category are you in?
This is strange:confused3 because ........
When you go online to make a new reservation it is showing a lot of cabins available - So I called to see if I could switch to a certain cabin which I saw open online - when I called they told be that my category is showing only gty. That is strange because there are at least 7 or 8 cabins showing up online as available in my category and most other category too. I asked them why and they could not explain it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter