April 14, 2007 Eastern Cruise!

Hi everyone!
Wow, you all had a chatty Friday night! I was too exhausted after my crazy week to chat up too much. DH and I went to Universal last weekend (our first and probably last time) and I had alot of catching up to do. It sounds like we all have sons around the same age and Julian is thrilled. getting to know everyone before we leave sounds like a great idea. I will go to the other site. Our headcount is: DH, DW, DD 9, and DS 7. My DD is getting a little worried there are no girls. Anyone have a DD around 9?
By the way you can all call me April. I use Apes666 because noone ever has that user and that makes it easy....
TTYL, April
Hi Apes666 We have a DD11 who is also a little worried about meeting someone. I've assured her that won't be the case.princess:

Great! My DD9 will be 10 in June. When we went last year they let my DS bump up so he could be with my DD. DD is hoping they'll let her bump up to be with 10-12. She wants to check out the Stack. This trip is a Make A Wish so we don't know the details of arrival yet. He's hoping for a limo transfer! I've heard they do that so we'll see. But I'm sure we won't be there the day before...DD's name is Nicole and she's in 4th grade. She likes her iPod, soccer, Pokemon, and looking cool...TTYL, April

Hey all,
I'm just checking in here.
We'll be on the April 14th eastern too.

I don't have the time right now at work to read throught all 18 pages, but I'll have to get caught up sometime this week.

We are all from south of Boston and will be with 6 kids and 10 adults.
Ages for the boys: 11,5,3
Girls: 6,6,18months

I'll have to look back and see what this shirt thing is all about.
It sounds interesting...

Jeff

Hey all,
I'm just checking in here.
We'll be on the April 14th eastern too.

I don't have the time right now at work to read throught all 18 pages, but I'll have to get caught up sometime this week.

We are all from south of Boston and will be with 6 kids and 10 adults.
Ages for the boys: 11,5,3
Girls: 6,6,18months

I'll have to look back and see what this shirt thing is all about.
It sounds interesting...

Jeff
:welcome:
You are a big group! Is this your first Disney cruise?
There are a lot of us from Massachusetts since it is our school vacation week.
Check out this link with a listing of your fellow passengers.
http://disneycruise41407.wetpaint.com/
Welcome aboard!

Whew!

I just finished all 18 pages and I think I'm all caught up.

Yes, this is our first Disney cruise for all of us and for some, their first cruise ever.

My group consists of Me, DW, DS(5), DD(18months), and DMIL.
We're traveling with my BIL,SIL, DS(11), DD(6)
My wifes Uncle, Aunt, cousin
and other cousin with her DH, DD(6), DS(3)

As far as I know, we all have the early or main dinner seating.

I do have a few questions:
Palo, is that the adult only restaurant?
My wife is allergic and/or will not eat ANY seafood, Chineese food, or anything with nuts.

Someone mentioned a DING for prices, what's that about?

Another person mentioned Thursday night is Lobster night in the main dinning room, how do I find out the menus for the main dinning rooms?

Rental cars, is Budget the closest to the dock? and has the best deals?

Finally, DRESS CODE. Do I have to wear pants and golf shirts everynight?
I know one night is a formal night if I attend and pirate night can be a costume.

OK, that's enough ??? for one post.

Can't wait!

As for shirts, if you're going to use lime green for the letters, do not put them on a red shirt. :sad2:

Someone mentioned a DING for prices, what's that about?

Welcome TJeff and Family. :welcome:
My family is also from Massachusetts (Methuen). The only question I can answer for you is regarding the "Ding" which is what a lot of us were waiting for months for Southwest "Ding Ding" to announce their April flight schedule. It was blood, sweat and tears getting flights. All cheap fares were gone is minutes. :eek: Since this is our first Disney cruise, the others who are repeat cruisers may be able to help you with your other questions. You'll find the cruise discussion board is very helpful. I read it every day. :thumbsup2

:disrocks:

I do have a few questions:
Palo, is that the adult only restaurant? Yes, Palo is the adult only restaruant
My wife is allergic and/or will not eat ANY seafood, Chineese food, or anything with nuts.Make sure DCL knows this ahead of time. Fill out the the medical info on the my online check in on the DCL site

Someone mentioned a DING for prices, what's that about?As mentioned Southwest sales

Another person mentioned Thursday night is Lobster night in the main dinning room, how do I find out the menus for the main dinning rooms?Check out this link for resturant and menu information http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/cr-dining.htm

Rental cars, is Budget the closest to the dock? and has the best deals?Budget is the closest there are a few others nearby. I usually go with Budget

Finally, DRESS CODE. Do I have to wear pants and golf shirts everynight?
I know one night is a formal night if I attend and pirate night can be a costume.Check out the link above for more info on clothing for dinner. On my last four night cruise people wore anything. Seven night cruise might be a little more formal but after what I saw last time who knows Many people dress up as priates for pirate night so have fun

:

Hope that helps let us know if you have any more questions.

Myself, DW and DS9 (turning into DS10 onboard) will be there.

On a side note....I can't believe this thread was started on 10/05! Now that's an early roll call. Heck in 10/05 I was still looking forward to my 5/06 cruise!

Thanks for all the info.
Now that I have this thread bookmarked, I might be checking it every day too.

One quick question.
Has anyone done the golf excursion? I think it's on St.Thomas.

Or is anyone planning on doing it?

We have 4 guys in our group and we're thinking about it.

Jeff

PS, for those in MA, my group is from Taunton, Mansfield, and Assonet.

This may be a dumb question but with the 75 day mark coming up this weekend, can I go on line to try and make reservations at Palo? or do I have to call a phone number at 3 AM? Thanks for the help.

I have down:
12/30/2006 for all guest with suites and Romance Pkg (105 days out)
01/14/2007 for all Castaway Club members (90 days out)
01/29/2007 for All guest (75 days out)

You have to be paid in full first. I missed the 14th because of that and was really bummed! :scared1:

They only allowed me to book 2 for dinner and brunch at palo. I'm wondering if I can add an additional person on the ship if I want to.

Yogibigdog Your boys have gotten bigger! I just noticed you changed the picture with a Thanksgiving cruise picture! I got used to the old one. They grow so fast don't they? I look at pics from the last two trips and my kids look so little to me. I'm glad I didn't wait to take them because I'm gonna blink and they'll tell me they're too big to do Disney anymore. :eek:

TJeff Budget is the closest to the dock. And usually the cheapest, although they may be a little booked. Are you by any chance a USAA member? They have a fantastic BCD code for Budget Y126501 (am I allowed to post that?) and free upgrade for intermediate or higher Cpn UUGZ113. If you have a Shaws card X724300 sometimes works and AAA has a code. Right now, the USAA code is the best! Ask the other adults in your party if theý have membership if you don't. It would be worth it.:)

Wow! I just discovered this site and it took a while to get through all the threads. We are set to join the cruise on April 14th as well. We are very excited about it. Even got our Palo reservations on the 14th!

The four of us include DH,DW, DD(11) and DD(9). I hope I have used the appropriate chat code here as I am new to this.

This is our second Disney cruise. We went two years ago over April vacation and had a blast. As I recall, the ship was filled with Red Sox fans then too.

As I read through the past threads to catch up, I sympothize with you that had trouble getting reasonable airfare from the Boston area. We managed to get flights right when they opned up last May.

Anyway, thanks for the great site and I hope I can contribute...

:welcome: Mass-cateer!!! :)

Was your other cruise Eastern also? If so, what were your likes/dislikes?

We'd love to hear your input!

Pershing, Thanks for the warm welcome!

We did do the Eastern cruise two years ago as well. This was our first cruise ever and we had an awesome time.

The first two days at sea is so relaxing. We really enjoyed the Disney service.

In St. Maarten, we did the Golden Eagle Catamaran excusion. We enjoyed this so much that we are signed up to do this again.

In St. Thomas, we did the General Snead (something like this) snorkel tour to St. John. While the snorkeling was great, the boat was not really what we expected...kind of like the Southwest "cattle-car" ride to St. John. For this cruise, we signed up for a different snorkel tour.

Castaway Cay is more beautiful than the video shows. A great day of fun in the sun. We had great weather every day. (supposed to be 10 degrees in Mass. tomorrow!)

Please do not miss out on Palo reservations. I think it is one of the true Gems of the trip. Now, reservations can be made on-line, so you don't have to worry about getting on the boat early and getting in line.

Pirate night is a lot of fun and the show following dinner was so Incredible! I don't want to give too many details because if you haven't seen it I don't want to spoil the surprises. We did not bring any Pirate things with us which was fine, but we will definitely pack some for this trip! pirate:

If anyone wants any details, I would be happy to share more.

We had such a great time and can't wait for this trip. It sounds like we will be in great company with a lot of fun cruisers.

Mass-cateer

Welcome :cool1:

Where in Mass are you located?
Most of us have already mentioned our towns,
My fam is from Taunton.

Also, I'll have my DD(23 months) at time of sailing and DS(5).
We're not really planning on doing any excursions with the age of my DD, but would anyone recommend any particular ones with a youngster like I have?

I just did my Palo reservation. I was surprised that only had one time slot left for Sunday(the only day brunch was offered). I also made Palo reservations for Thursday night. I wanted to go on a day we were at sea.
With 75 days out so close I hope everyone get the reservations they want. We are still undecided about excursions.

Yes, I updated the boys picture. They do grow quickly I will update after this cruise.

The observation tower on Castaway Cay should be finished by April. Hopefully it will be open. It was under construction when we where there in November. It is off one of the bicycle paths. It should be a great place to get a good view of the ship and the island.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter