April 14, 2007 Eastern Cruise!

We were on the May 6th Western and booked this cruise while on board. We had such a great time can't wait to go again. There are 3 of us me dh and ds who will turn 10 on this cruise. We live in New York and must admit big Yankee fans but I'm sure we can get along with all you Red Sox fans.

VBSunGoddess said:
We were on the May 6th Western and booked this cruise while on board. We had such a great time can't wait to go again. There are 3 of us me dh and ds who will turn 10 on this cruise. We live in New York and must admit big Yankee fans but I'm sure we can get along with all you Red Sox fans.

Welcome VBSunGoddess! :wave: and Hannahmom

So jealous that you just were on a Western Cruise in May VBSunGoddess! :guilty: We did one in Jan '05, and couldn't dock at either Grand Cayman or Castaway! Hence, the move into April!

It was still a relaxing cruise. Free drinks a couple of those days, due to the inability to go ashore. People got angry the second time we couldn't tender but I was prepared for it as I had heard similar stories about it from other January sailors. Heck, we missed that huge snow storm New England got and the schools were closed anyway! My kids ended up missing just 1 day!

I picked the Eastern cruise this time to avoid any tendering issues.

Things I plan on doing this time that I didn't do last time:

1-Exploring the night club area-the family one and other ones!

I spent alot of free time in the Spa last time 'cause I'd gotten a weekly pass and would run for the Rainforest Room at any free moment. Another reason I wasn't too upset at not being able to go ashore at 2 destinations!

2-Walk Each Deck to See the Differences

I've flitted around, but not made a concentrated effort. At the end of the cruise, I noticed one level of decks had cushioned loungers! :eek: And I've never seen the jogging deck!

3-Do One of Those On Boat Lectures- Like Wine Tasting!

4-Palo's Brunch

I had the dinner which was fabulous, but didn't have company for the bunch and I chickened out! Not this time!

That's my list to do so far. It's not that I've done everything else. These are just the ones I feel I missed something I shouldn't have.

I did go to the invitation only Castaway Club party though. A room full of crammed people with free appetizers and drinks! That was alot of fun.

hannahmom- I recommend bringing a snorkel vest or swim vest anyway for the beach days. When my youngest and middle were swimming at Cozumel there were water trampolines and stuff and they tired quickly. Those snorkel vests helped me relax a bit more and the kids could swim out with me a little bit-which was nice.

You probably already know that they actually have swim vests at Castaway Cay, but I didn't see any at the pools. The lifeguards at the goofy pool do a great job, I think. Although it gets to be quite crowded at times.

I was the only one that brought short wetsuits that January cruise, so on the cold days my kids had the pool all to themselves. That's one of their favorite memories! :cloud9:

I will probable see you at the wine tasting, that is one thing that my sister-n-law and I want to do. Has anyone ever stayed on deck 2?

pluto:

We stayed on deck to on the Wonder 2 years ago and loved it. Everything seemed conviently located and it forced me do walk the stairs to work off all the calories I consumed. We did the wine tasting on that cruise as well and really enjoyed ourselves.
My son will be turning 10 a week after the cruise, I can't believe my baby is hitting double digits!! Amazingly i haven't aged at all since he was born!

hannahmom said:
I will probable see you at the wine tasting, that is one thing that my sister-n-law and I want to do. Has anyone ever stayed on deck 2?

pluto:

I'm staying on deck 2 this time also. I've stayed on 5 and 7 but this is the first time on 2.

Did you check that room list that shows all the deck 2 rooms to avoid due to noise?

Mine's not on it. (2610) :cheer2:

our room is 2084 and my brother's is right across the hall 2085. Since this is our first cruise I didn't even check to see about noise rooms and I think these 2 rooms are on the list. If that is the case I figure we are not going to be in the room that much and when we are we will be so tired it won't really matter. Thanks for the tips on the life vest, I think I will be bring my own because my DD has already said she wants to go snorkeling. Can any one suggest a good adult bar to go to on the magic because me DH and I are going to have a free night on the cruise. Thanks

pluto:

Yea, I checked Dave's DCL tribute website and your cabin rooms ARE 2 of the noisy ones! Yikes!

You know, this early in the game you can switch them, just call Disney or your Travel Agent and tell them you want to switch. It's really not an issue. I would do it. :thumbsup2

You say you're not going to be in your room much, and not jinxing you or anything but what if someone's not feeling well. Then you're stuck!

have any of you ever been near 6108? if so how's that area? By the way we see the red sox every spring here for a few weeks for training.

Metioned to DW about the different tastings and she agreed to do the Martini tasting. Also want to do the Brunch at Palo.
Anyone do the Dolphin Encounter, DD is a big dolphin nut figured me and her would go do it, quite expensive and wanted to make sure its worth it.

Just bumping up to the front page again.

I have no dolphin info, but I always thought if I was going to do it I would do it a the Orlando one which has gotten great reviews. The something cove one.

I don't know, I just figure in the US you know the dolphins would be treated really well.

Time to bump just in case some new cruisers have booked!

Now that summer's here I realize how much 'winter weight' has encroached into my bathing suit! :eek: Yes, I will be dieting and exercising the summer away!

I think I will put myself on a swimming workout this summer :fish: to burn those additional pounds before :boat: !

:rainbow:

Starting to plan my August trip to Dennisport out on the Cape. can't wait to go to Seafood Sams for the fried clams. DW started exercising for the cape. Bathing suit time. says she is going straight through to the cruise on her diet and exercise. says she needs to lose the weight so she can pig out on vacation

HI EVERYONE! :wave:

We booked this cruise a few months ago can cannot wait! I just found this thread today so I apologize for not checking in sooner.

This will be our 5th Disney Cruise :sail: (2nd Eastern and third on the Magic). It will be me, DH and DD1:cutie: (she'll turn :cake:2 two days after disembarkation). It will be our first cruise with our daughter (Amelia).

We chose early dining (a first for us) and are in a Cat 9. We chose the same exact stateroom that we had during our last cruise and are very happy about it...we love the location!

Some things we would like to do this time are Palo Brunch and Dinner (LOVE eating here), St. Maarten Butterfly Farm and Marigot shopping (we did this on our first cruise and think it is appropriate for DD1), probably a shorter beach excursion on St. Thomas or maybe just the Skyride to Paradise Point, we want to do some of the onboard 'tours' in the Behind the Scenes series, some BINGO, DH wants a massage and I want some serious relaxation time in the Rainforest Room.
:beach:

We plan on heading to WDW just for the day before -- probably won't do any parks but just stroll around the Boardwalk area and maybe DTD. We're DVCrs so we're going to get a studio at BWV (DH's favorite). We will probably fly home the day of disembarkation, though, instead of staying in WDW a night or two. We have another cruise planned for October during Halloween on the Wonder so we'll save our park time for that cruise.

Sorry this was so long:scared: ...but I just wanted to try to catch up with what everyone was discussing.

Overall, we're really looking forward to this cruise since it will be our first time on a 7-nighter since Christmas 2001 (our honeymoon) and our DD1's :cutie: first DC.

Hope you all are having a wonderful 4th of July!

CRSNDSNY said:
HI EVERYONE! :wave:

We plan on heading to WDW just for the day before -- probably won't do any parks but just stroll around the Boardwalk area and maybe DTD. We're DVCrs so we're going to get a studio at BWV (DH's favorite). !

Welcome to the thread and the cruise.

Wow! Love your smilie's! Never seen most of them before.

Unfortunately, we are doing the Nicklodean before the cruise! My youngest begged. But I'm holding him to just one night! Thursday night before cruise and then we'll drive Friday night after parks to Radisson portside.

I was going to do Ron Jon's friday however they quoted me 250 for a studio for the night! :eek:

We rented DVC points at BCV for after the cruise. A first for us, but I'm really looking forward to it.

Wow! Ron Jon's is pretty steep!

You'll love BCV -- especially if your son likes to swim. We've stayed there and if it were up to me, that's where we'd be staying pre-cruise. But it was DH's choice this time! :)

One thing that will be really new for us this time around is the time of year. We've only ever cruised in January and December. I'm guessing the weather is really going to be different for us.

Has anyone ever cruised this time of year? What is it like?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

BTW -- WE BOUGHT OUR AIRFARE TODAY!!! :cool1:
This cruise is becoming more and more a reality!!! :goodvibes

DH, DD (will be 6 yrs old), DS (will be 4 yrs old) and I will be Disney Cruise first-timers when we embark on April 14th. We can't wait!

We're big Disneyland fans (I post more on the Disneyland/SoCal boards), so we're also very excited to check out WDW a few days prior to the cruise.

Apologies for not posting earlier...I just found this thread. Looking forward to meeting everyone! :wave:

WELCOME munchkinsmom!

That's really great that you'll be able to get some time in WDW prior to the cruise. What parks do you plan on hitting? How many nights will you be staying for?

:cheer2: Welcome Munchkinsmom! :cheer2:

Your first Disney Cruise! Congrats!

I remember how choked up we got when we first saw the Wonder at the Port. (Our first cruise was a 4 Day) :boat:

Don't forget to arrive with the little ones in bathing suits as the best time and least crowded pool time is after you board and before the drill. This one tip is invaluable. I felt so sorry for the kids that just looked on w/o their suits. I was thanking this board tremendously when my kids were splashing up a ball.

CRSNDSNY- Our only 7 day Magic was in January also 2005. We didn't tender at Grand Cayman or CC. Maybe you were on that one also? Windy!
I'm sure April will be less windy! I hope!

What airline did you end up going with? I'm waiting for Jetblue or Southwest. Delta started out higher than I wanted to pay and then went to outrageous with 1 stops in NY being the cheapest. Taking an entire morning from 6 to 12 to get to MCO is not my idea of fun. I'll take my chances with the discount airlines. :joker:

The only discount direct airfare is a 2 hour drive away from us -- we've done this (Airtran and Southwest) for the last 4 or 5 vacations. This time we decided to just bite the bullet and take a flight from our local airport to avoid the drive before and after. So we are going with Delta with one layover each way. We'll leave our airport at 6am and get to MCO by about 10:30am on Friday. Then our flight will leave at 12:30am on the day of disembarkation and get us home by dinner time.

We are going to do the bathing suit this this time, too...I want to get Amelia in the pool before it is overcrowded so embarkation day is a good time for this.

Anyone ever use Flounders before? This will be our first time and I'm wondering what your experiences have been.

CRSNDSNY said:
WELCOME munchkinsmom!

That's really great that you'll be able to get some time in WDW prior to the cruise. What parks do you plan on hitting? How many nights will you be staying for?

Thanks for the welcome, CRSNDSNY! We're planning on arriving Monday afternoon/evening and visiting the parks on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. On Friday, we'll probably use that day to do laundry, decompress and get ready for the cruise. We're thinking of visiting Epcot, Animal Kingdom and Disney Studios. Since we're passholders at Disneyland, we may pass up Magic Kingdom for now, but we'll see how our schedule goes.

pershing said:
:cheer2: Welcome Munchkinsmom! :cheer2:

Your first Disney Cruise! Congrats!

I remember how choked up we got when we first saw the Wonder at the Port. (Our first cruise was a 4 Day) :boat:

Don't forget to arrive with the little ones in bathing suits as the best time and least crowded pool time is after you board and before the drill. This one tip is invaluable. I felt so sorry for the kids that just looked on w/o their suits. I was thanking this board tremendously when my kids were splashing up a ball.

Thanks, pershing. I'll be sure to take your advice when we go on our cruise. I know we will be very giddy and excited when we see the Magic for the first time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter