• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April 13, 2013 - Western Caribbean Fantasy Cruise

Hi All,

I hope its not too late, but we (The Markey's) just added out cruise companions (the Costello's) to the 4th FE list. I know we are both a little late to the game, didn't even know about FE until the last couple weeks, but it sounds like fun!

Thanks!

I think using Priceline last minute would get you the best minivan deal.

I plan on trying Priceline last minute. Now that I know you can specify you'll pay with a Debit Card.

I love parking in the terminal garage-just walking off the ship and voila! There was a rumor that Port Authority was thinking about lowering the price, but it didn't happen. However, we are so tight this vacation that we'll be using other port parking options and shuttling.

I still have my one ways with Alamo totaling $287 but I now have a round trip totaling $221 in an economy-yuck! It'll be a $30 savings when you add parking lot parking......and that's 2 Mixology classes!!:drinking1

I'm gonna be Pricelining last minute alot for this trip: MCO hotel night we arrive and leave and the night of the 10th and the rental car.

I'm too nervous with priceline for a car - I'm afraid of getting a rental that requires a shuttle to/from MCO. I really am hoping I find a minivan that can hold all of us at a decent round trip - it just doesn't make sense once we have to add in the cost of the other party getting their own car.

Hi All,

I hope its not too late, but we (The Markey's) just added out cruise companions (the Costello's) to the 4th FE list. I know we are both a little late to the game, didn't even know about FE until the last couple weeks, but it sounds like fun!

Thanks!

Welcome!!!!

Hello everyone. I am reading about the fish extenders. Anyone doing this on my cruise? My kids would love this! Please let me know if it's too late to join.
:wave2:

I thought I'd finally post on the disboards that we are coming along on this cruise. We went on last years April 14th Fantasy cruise. Looking forward to another exciting adventure on the high seas.

Hellooooooo........

Anyone out there? I have been in full cruise planning - FE mode for the last few days. I can't be alone???

Let's start some conversation.

What are your cruise plans.....
Me.....
1. once on the ship sign up for mixology and martini tastings. I had heard some cruise meets organized private tastings....wish I would have known. A bit too late for our trip. would be fun!
2. Go to the spa and see what time they are doing the raffles - last year they had some really good giveaways - I won't spend money on spa treatments on ship anymore - but I certainly will spend theirs!
3. Excursions: We are doing a beach break, Salsa Salsa and parasailing.
4. I plan on staying on board in Cozumel - still really bad memories of a past visit to Carlos and Charlies - wow - hung over for 2 days after.
5. I think we are going to rent bikes at CC and explore a bit!
6. Next cruise picked 11/13/14. 4 night on Dream with 2 days at CC!!!

FE Groups - just a reminder, if you signed up, but have decided not to participate, please be kind and remove yourself as there are others that I think want to join.

Our trip is back on. I would like to thank all of you for your well wishes. It is tough to loose my nephew at such a young age and so tragically and unexpected. Extended family wants us to go on our trip. I do not think we are on the fe list anymore? It is ok. Either way. We canceled all our shore trips prior when my husband could not walk. Any ideas for fun cheap shore entertainment? I just want to see my kids smile again:) anyone know if we skip captain s dinner where we can eat. Looking to not go shopping for fancy clothes for that dinner?

Our trip is back on. I would like to thank all of you for your well wishes. It is tough to loose my nephew at such a young age and so tragically and unexpected. Extended family wants us to go on our trip. I do not think we are on the fe list anymore? It is ok. Either way. We canceled all our shore trips prior when my husband could not walk. Any ideas for fun cheap shore entertainment? I just want to see my kids smile again:) anyone know if we skip captain s dinner where we can eat. Looking to not go shopping for fancy clothes for that dinner?

sorry for your loss.....I'm sure your kids (and you!) can use this trip and as you said smile again.

The Beach Break we are doing as a shore excursion wasn't priced too much. $26 for up to 9 and $36 for 10 and up.

As for dinner....I have been to formal night when there were people a lot less than formal in the dining room. I think you could easily get away with a sundress and a pair of pants and a button down shirt for boys. I don't know if the Fantasy is difference - but on our 3 and 4 night on the dream - if you didn't eat in the dining room - you were limited to room service and the burger counter service place on the deck.

I would suggest if you are going to skip dinner - then hit the aqua duck - almost no lines during dinner!!!!!

On our last cruise I was standing in line right before Formal Dinner to get a photo taken. A kid who was running around ran right into me and spilled my glass of wine all over me. The Mother of the child looked at me with wine pouring off of my cloths, turned her nose up and said sorry and then continued her conversation with her family like it was no big deal. I had no choice to go and change. all I had to wear was a pair of black pants and a basic cotton blouse. I was so upset walking into the dinning room. Long story short I was surprised how well I fit in. Yes, some were dressed to the 9's, but there were alot of people who were not. Have your family put on their best outfit and go to formal night. You deserve a nice evening with your family and no one will care what you are wearing.

Me.....
1. once on the ship sign up for mixology and martini tastings. I had heard some cruise meets organized private tastings....wish I would have known. A bit too late for our trip. would be fun!
2. Go to the spa and see what time they are doing the raffles - last year they had some really good giveaways - I won't spend money on spa treatments on ship anymore - but I certainly will spend theirs!
4. I plan on staying on board in Cozumel - still really bad memories of a past visit to Carlos and Charlies - wow - hung over for 2 days after.
Here are mine:
1. Also plan to sign up for Mixology and possibly champagne tasting. I wish I'd known about these before, too! Also thinking about adding a Remy brunch.
2. Relax! Maybe do the spa for a day with hubby. Reports I've read about the rainforest room sound great.
3. Excursions: We're doing the Dolphins at GC, the mayan ruins at CM, and Salsa & Salsa at Cozumel. LOL on Charlie and Charlies.
4. Super excited to try out a cabana for the first time at CC. I may also do the 5 k--does anyone know whether it's okay to walk?
5. We're signed up for another Med cruise next summer--debating on it still--and we're planning to re-shop a girl's cruise next May onboard. This will be the last Caribbean cruise for a while (unless they have another DVC deal at some point).
6. I've seen most of the movies, but hope to check out Oz at some point.
7. Relax. I guess I've already said that :)
Can't wait!

So sorry to hear about your nephew, but I'm glad you and your family have decided not to cancel your trip. I agree with the other posters who have said don't worry about buying fancy clothes just for the trip. I think you will find that plenty of people don't dress up. Have fun--you deserve it!

Hellooooooo........

Anyone out there? I have been in full cruise planning - FE mode for the last few days. I can't be alone???

Me.....

FE Groups - just a reminder, if you signed up, but have decided not to participate, please be kind and remove yourself as there are others that I think want to join.

Most of us are on Facebook...lots of conversation going on there. http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/310326245700266/?bookmark_t=group
Disney Fantasy April 13, 2013

All these topics are currently being discussed, along with times/places for various meets (Fathers, Prince and Princess, Kids scavenger hunt, etc), tastings, movies, FE, oh my!

anyone know if we skip captain s dinner where we can eat. Looking to not go shopping for fancy clothes for that dinner?

I was just looking at Navigators from this past Feb Fantasy Western and it looks like Cabana's offers table service from 6:30-8:30 on that night.

Hellooooooo........

Me.....

1. Also planning to sign for mixology (with DH and CaliforniaGirl09). Jenn Robinson Brown on the Facebook page is looking into arranging a private mixology tasting with fellow DISers, but she is planning it for Costa May day which won't work for us due to our excursion. If they schedule it for after we are back, it will interfere with early dining for some others. Also thinking about adding a Remy brunch (already booked for Palo brunch, and Palo and Remy dinners). Also on the ship, looking forward to the Midship Detective Agency with my kids, the AquaDuck (since this is our first time on one of the new DCL ships) and Goofy golf.
2. I am thinking about getting a one-day Rain Forest Room pass. Other than that, probably won't do any spa activities.
3. Excursions: turtle farm and Stingray City on GC, dolphins on Cozumel and Chacchoben Mayan Ruins for Costa Maya.
5. We are sharing a cabana with CaliforniaGirl09 on Castaway Cay. Probably not planning any other activities, but looking forward to trying out the new play equipment (wasn't there last time we were on CC).
6. We are currently booked on 12-might Med for June 2014 but not sure if we are going to go. I am the other half of the girls' cruise CaliforniaGirl09 mentioned. Right now we are booked on the 2-day cruise out of San Diego but are hoping to change it to the 5-day San Diego to Vancouver when we re-shop on board. We did the 5-day New York to Canada cruise last Fall as a girls' cruise and had a blast.

Can't believe our trip is so close now. Can't wait!

I am so excited! My son said that my FE crafting area has spilled over into the whole house!! I am now working on the kitchen counter! I hope everyone likes their gifts! I am packaging them now...is anyone shipping stuff? I am just going to pack them and hope they are ok! We are on FE list #2...so excited to meet everyone!... now to start thinking about onboard fun...the mixology thing sounds fun...hmmm....Heidi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter