• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April 13, 2013 - Western Caribbean Fantasy Cruise

Hey everyone!! We are so excited to be joining you all on the Fantasy this April!! I booked the cruise last July, but have been in Nursing School, so I haven't really had time to spend on the planning until now.

This is our first cruise ever and we are VERY excited! It will myself, my DH, DD 15, DD 12, and DS 10. Since we are first-timers, we don't get to book excursions, etc. until next Monday. Hope there are some good ones left!! I've read through all 24 pages of this thread and just keep more exicted with each post!

Heidi -- we would also love to do the fish extenders . . . sounds so fun! I tried to add myself to list 2, but wasn't able to. Would you mind adding me? Is that last spot still available? I also joined the Facebook group, so would it be easier to send you our info on here or on there? Either is fine with me - just let me know.

Can't wait to see you all in April!! :cool1:

Amy

There is one spot left if you pm me your cabin number names and ages of the kids and DH name I would be glad to add you

There is one spot left if you pm me your cabin number names and ages of the kids and DH name I would be glad to add you

So, I don't have enough posts to PM you here, Heidi. I sent you a PM on Facebook. Thanks again for adding us. Can't wait!
Amy

So, I don't have enough posts to PM you here, Heidi. I sent you a PM on Facebook. Thanks again for adding us. Can't wait!
Amy

Hi Amy,
You are all set glad you are joining us in the FE. Thank you so much for PM me it maked it easy. See you in April.

Hi There! We'll be on the April 13, 2013 cruise with you guys on the Fantasy! This is our first cruise and we're soooo excited. My girls are 16 and 15 and are looking forward to hanging at Vibe. My mother and father in law are coming as well as my niece and nephew (21 and 20). I'm just reading about these fish extender things. It sounds like a lot of fun and we would like to be in as well. I'm trying to figure out if you put gifts in for one family or for each family who signs up? I'll keep reading! Thanks!

Welcome debbiemac! When you join FE exchange you do a gift for each room participating. We are keeping each group to no more that 15, so it is fun but not too overwhelming.

Hi! I have 2 DD one is 16 and the other is 15. They will be looking to make new friends as well. I'm kinda new to this board, so I am just reading through all the posts. It's our first cruise and I'm so happy we're on Disney! I look forward to meeting everyone!

Hi everyone,
Fish Extender list three is now open. Once again we will be limiting it to 15 cabins. If you have joined list 1 or 2 you can join in the fun of list 3 as well. The list will be closed 30 days prior to the cruise. Have fun. See you all in april.
Hi Heidi! I'm trying to add my info to FE list #3 and it won't let me type anything in. Do I need to have a userid and password for it? Thanks for your patience with this newbie!

Hi Heidi! I'm trying to add my info to FE list #3 and it won't let me type anything in. Do I need to have a userid and password for it? Thanks for your patience with this newbie!

working on solving the problem if you send me your names ages cabin number and any info that is need one the sheet i will add you Heidibilotti@sbcglobal.net thanks I will get it taken care of

Hi! I have 2 DD one is 16 and the other is 15. They will be looking to make new friends as well. I'm kinda new to this board, so I am just reading through all the posts. It's our first cruise and I'm so happy we're on Disney! I look forward to meeting everyone!

Hey debbiemac!! Welcome aboard!! This will also be our first cruise -- loving all the tips I'm getting on the DIS! Our oldest daughter is 15, as well. Maybe our girls can meet up on the cruise!

Only 75 more days!! :banana: :woohoo:
Amy

Hey debbiemac!! Welcome aboard!! This will also be our first cruise -- loving all the tips I'm getting on the DIS! Our oldest daughter is 15, as well. Maybe our girls can meet up on the cruise!

Amy

My daughter just turned 16 on the 16th...she's on the Facebook kids page, her name is Megan. She'll be happy to hear there are a few more girls her age on this meet. It's our first time traveling in years without additional friends or family (well, my parents are sailing too but she won't be hanging around Vibe with them :rotfl:)

Amy
That would be awesome! My girls are beyond excited! So are my husband & I for that matter!

My daughter just turned 16 on the 16th...she's on the Facebook kids page, her name is Megan. She'll be happy to hear there are a few more girls her age on this meet. It's our first time traveling in years without additional friends or family (well, my parents are sailing too but she won't be hanging around Vibe with them :rotfl:)
Great! the more the merrier. I haven't looked at the kids Facebook page yet. I'll check into it.

Just checking in all - wondering if anyone else is leaving out of PVD on SW on Friday? Curious if some of us will be on the same flight??? I know 14 so far on our flight.

Also - how are you handling transportation.

Right now I have a one with minivan with Budget for around $100 and overnight at Marriott Residence Inn the night before.

I'm trying to determine what is easier:
1. Keep car over night - drop off everyone and bags at terminal - return car and then shuttle back to the ship.

2. Drop off everyone at Marriott, return car, shuttle back to Marriott and then take Marriott shuttle to the ship on Saturday.

I'm thinking #1 is best - any thoughts otherwise?

Just checking in all - wondering if anyone else is leaving out of PVD on SW on Friday? Curious if some of us will be on the same flight??? I know 14 so far on our flight.

Also - how are you handling transportation.

Right now I have a one with minivan with Budget for around $100 and overnight at Marriott Residence Inn the night before.

1. Keep car over night - drop off everyone and bags at terminal - return car and then shuttle back to the ship.

2. Drop off everyone at Marriott, return car, shuttle back to Marriott and then take Marriott shuttle to the ship on Saturday.

On our last cruise we were a big group, 5 familes totaling 19 people. 3 of us had rental cars, the other two used the hotel shuttle to port. Those of us who had the rentals had the DHs drop the moms and kids at terminal, then return car and use rental shuttle to port. This option added a significant amount of time. The ones who used the hotel shuttle were onboard, had eaten lunch and riden the Aquaduck before we were onboard. So...if you can I'd recommend either returning the car and using car rental shuttle for your group or returning the car earlier and going with hotel group, but keep your group together.

1. Keep car over night - drop off everyone and bags at terminal - return car and then shuttle back to the ship.\

We're renting a car and staying at the Marriott Residence the night before, too. I'm planning on #1, so we're free to go when we want and don't have to worry about full shuttles, etc. But I've never done it before, so would love to hear also from those with experience :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter