April 13-17 4 night Wonder

I was on that cruise and it was my first DC. I was so excited about it. We did it as a last minute trip. Everything we read made us more and more excited. Well I must say that excitement ended once on board. Quite honestly I don't know what all the hoopla is for the DCL. Maybe I was putting to much into getting to CC, but that is their claim to fame. I could go on about this, but I won't because I know that it will be just too devastating for many of the Disers. But if I had one word to describe my DC experience I would have to say Disappointing!

Didn't get a chance to read the whole mumbo-jumbo contract, but does it say to expect power/engine failures at sea? Maybe the bingo push was to make money to pay for more reliable systems.

4/13-17 4-day Wonder, first cruise ever, very disappointing experience.

When I started this thread after we returned from the now famous April 13-17 cruise, I was worried that my family was the only one disappointed. Now, I realize we are not alone! I know some have said the "read the fine print" bit. To be honest, I expected that. I knew there was a possibility of this happening and I still "assumed the risk". It just does not seem entirely right to push CC so hard and then not be able to get there sometimes. I think DCL should have a backup plan of some sort. Maybe part of the promotional should say "on the Disney Wonder 4 -Night Cruise you will spend one full day at Disney's CC OR ...............

What could the "or" be?????? :confused3

So, I just have something to add, after talking with pretty much all of our co-workers and friends about our cruise experience I found it interesting that so many were really disturbed by the fact that we could not dock at CC. DH and I explained that we were aware of the potential for not being able to dock, we had great attitudes about it when we spoke about our cruise experience, but to back up what many have stated--everyone we talked to, though they have never cruised Disney, thought that Disney's advertising was heavy on the CC and thought that this was the main highlight of a Disney Cruise. That being said, I thought I'd stop back and relate my experiences with those I spoke with and based on my experiences share that many who would be potential first time cruisers thought that the advertising was somewhat aimed at the CC experience. Just what I learned from chatting up and answering questions of the many who knew what we were doing and where we were going.

I was on that cruise and it was my first DC. I was so excited about it. We did it as a last minute trip. Everything we read made us more and more excited. Well I must say that excitement ended once on board. Quite honestly I don't know what all the hoopla is for the DCL. Maybe I was putting to much into getting to CC, but that is their claim to fame. I could go on about this, but I won't because I know that it will be just too devastating for many of the Disers. But if I had one word to describe my DC experience I would have to say Disappointing!

I am sorry to hear all of this. That is a great disappointment when you are looking forward to activities and fun in the sun.
It seems to me that Disney could at least get some fun going aboard ship so that the guests have something exciting to do :confused3 I mean after all, they are all about entertainement.

We just booked our first cruise ever and I wanted it to be with DCL.
I live on a beach, so to me, it is not that important to get to a beach while on vacation. I was actually looking forward to just being on that big lonesome boat.
I was looking forward to Nassau so that, hopefully, the two of us would have the ship to ourselves with no one to make us get up and do things, like play games :) I think we'll be alright

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter