April 12, 2014 Fantasy - Western Caribbean - Calling all Spring Breakers

Hi, I've posted on the facebook group but figured I'd post here too.

This is our first cruise. Going are my Mom, my self, and my daughter who will be 1 month shy of 16. We are also going to do the FE. I'm hoping there are other single mom's as well as seniors we can meet while on board. :wave2:
My Mom (74) is always looking for someone older to hang with on the cruise, she was disappointed this past cruise that there wasn't as many older people to hang out with!

My Mom (74) is always looking for someone older to hang with on the cruise, she was disappointed this past cruise that there wasn't as many older people to hang out with!

Great, we will have to arrange to meet and introduce both sets of girls (seniors and teens...). We will be doing the FE as well. :thumbsup2

Hello All-
I just cruised on the Fantasy August 17th and we are cruising again on April 12, 2014 for our 20th Anniversary. I had a great time doing the FE with my last group and getting to know everyone prior to the cruise. I will be traveling two kids one is a DD 16 and a DS 11. Please let me know what the Facebook name is so I can join that too. Looking forward to getting to know a new group of people before our April sailing.
Beth

Hi Beth

The Facebook group is:

Disney Fantasy April 12, 2014

Hope to see you over there. We have quite a crew getting lathered up already :rotfl:

Tim

Well, I just had a heart to heart with DH this weekend and since we didn't have any amazing alternative ideas for spring break next year, we are keeping our reservation for this cruise (whew! :thumbsup2) and we will be joining you all!

Keep us signed up for the FE group, we will definitely be participating.

And now I have to figure out all of the dates for payments, reservations, etc., with our new gold status.

Hooray!!!!:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Hi we have just told the kids that we will be on this cruise, we are all very excited. There will be me Chris, My Mum Valerie and my twin boys Lewis and Elliot 14. Please add us to the roll call and yes to FE. Thanks

Looking forward to our 3 cruise on the Fantasy. Saw this site and thought it might be fun to starting to get to know other families prior to our Cruise. We have 3 daughters 13/11/7. I hope we get a chance to start chatting with some of our other fellow cruisers prior to the cruise.:cool1::beach:

Looking forward to our 3 cruise on the Fantasy. Saw this site and thought it might be fun to starting to get to know other families prior to our Cruise. We have 3 daughters 13/11/7. I hope we get a chance to start chatting with some of our other fellow cruisers prior to the cruise.:cool1::beach:
By the way what does FE stand for? It sounds like fun and I know my girls would love to join in on the fun. Please if someone could tell me what I need to get that would be great. You can add the Collina Family to the roll call.

By the way what does FE stand for? It sounds like fun and I know my girls would love to join in on the fun. Please if someone could tell me what I need to get that would be great. You can add the Collina Family to the roll call.

It stands for Fish Extender...which is a series of pockets, one for each family member, that is hung from the "Fish" outside of your cabin door. Then you place gifts in the pocket for that individual. There is a bunch of info over on the DisBoards and there is actually a Facebook group for FE ideas and pictures of peoples FE's and gift ideas etc.
The FB group is called " Fish Extender Disney Cruise Line"

Try this link for an example:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1219607&highlight=fish+extender

Welcome to our group! :cool1:
Our DD will be 13 at the time of the cruise too. There is a link to kids group Disboards (somewhere on the first few pages) - it would be great if kids get to chat before they meet; so far only my daughter posted :confused3

Well, I just had a heart to heart with DH this weekend and since we didn't have any amazing alternative ideas for spring break next year, we are keeping our reservation for this cruise (whew! :thumbsup2) and we will be joining you all!

Keep us signed up for the FE group, we will definitely be participating.

And now I have to figure out all of the dates for payments, reservations, etc., with our new gold status.

Hooray!!!!:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

so glad you are staying on this cruise! looking forward meeting you and your wonderful family once again :cool1:

Hi we have just told the kids that we will be on this cruise, we are all very excited. There will be me Chris, My Mum Valerie and my twin boys Lewis and Elliot 14. Please add us to the roll call and yes to FE. Thanks

Welcome to the group! :wave2:

I created a kids group on facebook where our kids can chat with each other prior to our cruise. This is adult controlled since the kids can not sign up for their own group. I will monitor the group along with the parents that allow their children to join the group. The group name is Disney Fantasy Kids April 12, 2014. My daughters look forward to making new friends prior to the cruise.:yay:

Hello to you all! We can now say, in less than 6 months we will be on the Fantasy!! :dance3:

Unfortunately, Joy and her family are unable to sail with us on this cruise and you all might remember Joy had volunteered to chair our FE group for this cruise. With Joy and her family no longer cruising with us (bye Joy :sad:) Carolyn has offered to jump in and take over. Woohoo - thanks Carolyn! :cool1:

For those of you not on the FB group thread for our cruise, here is what Carolyn posted about the FE. She does not have 10 posts here so she needed me to post this info for her:

Info on FE exchange. Please send me your info if you are taking part. I like Joy's form but a few change I would like to make. I am breaking the groups up into 10's you will need to stated how many groups you want to join 1 group of ten or 2 groups of ten. I would also like to know how many kids in each age group and whether they are male or female. MY E-MAIL ccollina71@yahoo.com. Let the FE exchange begin.

Have a great day,
Heather

To make you all aware that Joy sent me a spread sheet with 6 names on it and I see more of you that stated you wanted to join the FE. Only 3 people have sent me their info. Please send me your info so I can start putting the groups together. If you don't get an e-mail from me I received your info within 4 days please resend.
Thanks
Carolyn:cool1:

Hi Chris,

I have a 14 year old boy, as well. I'm sure he would like to meet up with your guys this cruise. His brother has a buddy he knows already, but Matt will be looking for friends to hang out with in the club or otherwise. ; )

E.

FE Update: I just sent out 10 e-mails to make sure that people who signed up on Joy's List were still interested in participating in the FE. If you signed up with Joy and did not get an e-mail from me, please make sure that you e-mail me your info. I am going to make the cut off date for joining the FE group: MARCH 9th, 2014.:cool1:

Chris,

Hello! I am Carolyn Collina. Your son Lewis and I have already spoken on the facebook page. I want to tell you that you have a very polite son. Why I am writing this post is I see that you want to be part of the FE. Could you please send me your cabin number and # groups you want to still take part in the FE. We are breaking the groups into 10 cabins. If you look on the cruises facebook page I already started the groups. My e-mail address is on page 11 of this forum and on facebook site for the cruise.

it was mentioned that 4 families who signed up for FE cancelled this cruise :worried:
Cathie - are you still with us?
I didn't see a post from you in a while and our roll call lists seems to be outdated....Hoping you are not one of 4 families.....:goodvibes

Hello- It's me Cori :cheer2:

Haven't been on this thread for.ev.er How is everyone doing? Who is still with us on this cruise? :scratchin I would think we would have more people to get to know since this is pretty much a spring break cruise too.

The Roll Call list below was copied from Cathie Forman's list on page 1 of this thread- last edited April 10, 2013. Not sure if we still have some people here that on going. I know most of us are on FB, however, there maybe some that don't have an fb account. Anyone want to chime in

Cathie Forman: Cathie, DD9 Mackensie. Yes to FE
VA Runner: VA Runner, DS15, DD23 & DD friend
Sarabeth10772: Sarabeth, DH Jeremy, DD8, DD8. Yes to FE
IBelieveintheMagic: Heather, DH, DS10. Yes to FE
LuvENDisney: LuvENDisney, DH, DS10, DD7. Yes to FE
Pollyanna410: Catherine, Chad Fox, DS8, DS6. Yes to FE
?Golfnsuch: Elizabeth, DH (20th Anniversary). Yes to FE
SaphyBelle: Cori, DH Joe, DD8 Kayla, DS5 Zachary, DFIL, DFIL'sSO, DMom
thdarragh: thdarragh, DW, DD17, DD14, DD12. Yes to FE
Mom2aredhead: Mom, DH, SD10
Postalchick71: Postalchick, DS8
SpringBreakCruiser: SBcruiser, DH, DS3. Yes to FE
JenGC: Jen, DD12, Jen's Mom. Yes to FE
WDW1974: WDE1974, DH, DS17, DS15, DS14 (turning 15 on cruise)
bubbasmom99: Joy, DH Scott, DS15 Nick, DD12 Sarah.Yes to FE
alenushka: Yelena, DH, DD13. Yes to FE
job09: Leanne, John, DS15 Jack , DS10 Danny, DD10 Kelly
theboysmommy: Jen, DH Brendan, DS6 Trevor, DS4 Conner. Yes to FE
sjmj: sjmj, DH, DS9, DS6. Yes to FE
adnil530: Linda, DH Mike, DD17 Michelle, DD13 Laura. Yes to FE

There is an official Roll call on FB-more up to date

The Roll Call list below was copied from Cathie Forman's list on page 1 of this thread- last edited April 10, 2013. Not sure if we still have some people here that on going. I know most of us are on FB, however, there maybe some that don't have an fb account. Anyone want to chime in

Cathie Forman: Cathie, DD9 Mackensie. Yes to FE
VA Runner: VA Runner, DS15, DD23 & DD friend
Sarabeth10772: Sarabeth, DH Jeremy, DD8, DD8. Yes to FE
IBelieveintheMagic: Heather, DH, DS10. Yes to FE
LuvENDisney: LuvENDisney, DH, DS10, DD7. Yes to FE
Pollyanna410: Catherine, Chad Fox, DS8, DS6. Yes to FE
?Golfnsuch: Elizabeth, DH (20th Anniversary). Yes to FE
SaphyBelle: Cori, DH Joe, DD8 Kayla, DS5 Zachary, DFIL, DFIL'sSO, DMom
thdarragh: thdarragh, DW, DD17, DD14, DD12. Yes to FE
Mom2aredhead: Mom, DH, SD10
Postalchick71: Postalchick, DS8
SpringBreakCruiser: SBcruiser, DH, DS3. Yes to FE
JenGC: Jen, DD12, Jen's Mom. Yes to FE
WDW1974: WDE1974, DH, DS17, DS15, DS14 (turning 15 on cruise)
bubbasmom99: Joy, DH Scott, DS15 Nick, DD12 Sarah.Yes to FE
alenushka: Yelena, DH, DD13. Yes to FE
job09: Leanne, John, DS15 Jack , DS10 Danny, DD10 Kelly
theboysmommy: Jen, DH Brendan, DS6 Trevor, DS4 Conner. Yes to FE
sjmj: sjmj, DH, DS9, DS6. Yes to FE
adnil530: Linda, DH Mike, DD17 Michelle, DD13 Laura. Yes to FE

There is an official Roll call on FB-more up to date

Hey Cori! Yep, here and on FB (as you know) and we're still going and our info has not changed. I'm sure there are some that have changed and like you said, some that aren't on FB.

Heather

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter