April 12, 2014 Fantasy - Western Caribbean - Calling all Spring Breakers

On facebook it is a group not a page. Also, if you would like I can also send you an email invitation. You can privatly email me if you would like at pollyanna410 at yahoo.com. This won't let me actually post my email yet.

Hi fellow cruisers,

My wife Michele and I decided to invest in our first Disney Cruise! We can not wait to join you all on the Fantasy!! We have two daughters 10 and 7. And we have a son who is 3. I may have already signed up for an FE group... However, I have not received a response and I am not even sure if I signed up correctly...I am new to Dis Board and I can not find the original thread in which I attempted to be a part of the group... So I am not sure what to do about that and I know my girls would love the FE. Also do you folks know where I can find the "rules" and how to with FE groups? I would also like to join the Face Book group if that is a possibility...

Be well,
Nathan and family

Hi Nathan,

Welcome! I wasn't sure from your post if the April 2014 Fantasy cruise will be your first, or if you have another booked between now and then.

If our group will be your first FE, then you haven't missed anything. We are just starting to get this group and the FB page underway.

In a couple of weeks, I will send out a P M to all those who have expressed interest in the FE, as well as posting multiple times here and on FB for the FE exchange information.

It will be up to our merry band here if they want to have any specific rules.

In general, I will likely request a cut off date about 3 weeks before we sail so folks who make gifts (like me) and those traveling or vacationing before hand have time to pack. The FE for me, at least, is all about the fun.

For FE basics, you can also check on the FAQ sticky.

When I get to my PC, I can send you a few links to some good FE exchange threads, as well.

Take care,
E.

My apologies... We are heading out in April of this year!! You folks get started early!!!

I will look for your FE threads! TY

Nate

We are definitely interested in being part of the FE. This will be the first Disney cruise for my wife and I since 2005. This will be the first cruise for both of my boys ever. I have seen ideas online for the FE and have been coming up with some possibilities with my wife. She is the creative one in the family.

Hi All...
My family would like to be included in the FE. This will be our 5th Disney Cruise! We have done 4 and 5 night cruises on the Dream in which we didn't participate in the FE. We are doing an Alaskan Disney(Wonder) trip in July and we plan on doing the FE on that cruise.

I am very excited to participate in the FE. I know my kids will enjoy it. My only concern is how to transport all of my gifts. I overpack already...so I am a bit nervous. Any suggestions as how to transport gifts?

Looking forward to this cruise! :)

Sara

I saw on here that you can ship a box to your stateroom. Look at planning under the Disney cruise tab, it has a link on how to do it. The big thing is that you just have to make sure the box arrives by 3 PM on sailing day.

We will be on this cruise and it will be our first. We'd like to participate in the FE but have absolutely no idea how to go about it or what the rules/expectations are. We'd appreciate any and all comments to aid us in our first FE adventure. We have 3 DD's....17, 14 and 12 at time of sailing. Thanks and we are already looking forward to next April.

I'm sorry, but I still can't find the group on FB- I typed Disney Fantasy April 12, 2014 like stated into the search box- even if I look under group it is still not coming up.

send an email to pollyanna410 at yahoo.com and ask for an invitation to the group.

Thanks, I sent her an email this past Saturday the invite went into my spam folder.

Edit: I'm in now and all set for the cruise :-) hopefully nothing will come up for us to cancel or switch it. We were originally schedule to cruise this March 30th one on Fantasy.

Thanks,

Hi everyone,

I've updated post #2 to add a roll call of sorts. I know I've probably missed a DH or DW so if you let me know I will add them to the roll call. Also, I can add names if you want.

We have 5 families interested in the FE exchange already. More info will be posted in that. If you are new to the FE, there are lots of posts on the main forum regarding how it all works and ideas for items to exchange.

I think we have a mix of new Disney cruisers and experienced Disney cruisers so if you have questions just ask away and I'm sure someone will have an answer.

I've already started buying my FE gifts and I already know I will be shipping them to the port because they might be heavy.

Cathie

Hi everyone,

I've updated post #2 to add a roll call of sorts. I know I've probably missed a DH or DW so if you let me know I will add them to the roll call. Also, I can add names if you want.

We have 5 families interested in the FE exchange already. More info will be posted in that. If you are new to the FE, there are lots of posts on the main forum regarding how it all works and ideas for items to exchange.

I think we have a mix of new Disney cruisers and experienced Disney cruisers so if you have questions just ask away and I'm sure someone will have an answer.

I've already started buying my FE gifts and I already know I will be shipping them to the port because they might be heavy.

Cathie

My DW will be cruising as well.

Hi everyone,

Cathie
Thanks for updating the roll call :) If you'd like to add my name, feel free - Heather.

I don't want to sound "demanding" or anything out of line, but we'd like to do the FE, however only if it's a relatively small group. The first FE we joined on our first Dream cruise was about 14 cabins and that was already starting to feel big. I'm not sure how people do 25-40 cabins!! :scared1: I am only mentioning it in case it matters but please, if we are the only ones that feel this way and the rest of the group wants a large one, then we will graciously bow out. No hurt feelings - just putting it out there! :goodvibes

Thanks,
Heather

Thanks for updating the roll call :) If you'd like to add my name, feel free - Heather.

I don't want to sound "demanding" or anything out of line, but we'd like to do the FE, however only if it's a relatively small group. The first FE we joined on our first Dream cruise was about 14 cabins and that was already starting to feel big. I'm not sure how people do 25-40 cabins!! :scared1: I am only mentioning it in case it matters but please, if we are the only ones that feel this way and the rest of the group wants a large one, then we will graciously bow out. No hurt feelings - just putting it out there! :goodvibes

Thanks,
Heather

Hi Heather,
This will only be our 2nd time participating in an FE, but I've read about other FE participants that would break down into groups for the FE exchange so maybe we can do that. Maybe we can do groups of 10 or 15 cabins and then everyone can decide how many groups they would like to be in. I would like to have as many people participate as possible without being stressed out about making or buying or delivering gifts. We can see what everyone else thinks as I know we have some newbies and some experienced FE participants.
Cathie

Hi Heather,
This will only be our 2nd time participating in an FE, but I've read about other FE participants that would break down into groups for the FE exchange so maybe we can do that. Maybe we can do groups of 10 or 15 cabins and then everyone can decide how many groups they would like to be in. I would like to have as many people participate as possible without being stressed out about making or buying or delivering gifts. We can see what everyone else thinks as I know we have some newbies and some experienced FE participants.
Cathie

Thanks Cathie - that definitely works for me!! :thumbsup2

Take care,
Heather

I believe that my kids will enjoy being in as many FE groups as possible but we will have to see how many that makes all together. I think breaking into groups is fine if need be and we will see how many we join based off that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter