>> April 1, 2012 - Disney Dream Spring Break Frenzy! <<

We are having our Meet and Greet on Sunday, 3:15-3:45pm, in the Family Zone on Deck 13 Forward (port side). In case of rain (shudder the thought!), we'll meet in the vicinity of the Vista Cafe on Deck 4 (opposite side of the atrium from Shutters). It will be so nice to put faces to names! :grouphug:

I was wondering how everyone would feel about wearing a nametag with your DIS name and real name to the meet? It would make introductions a lot easier. :wave2: Last year, we all made buttons to wear by putting a graphic that one of the DISer's made into one of those buttons you can buy at any craft store like Michael's or AC Moore. We don't have to be that fancy ~ a sticker name tag would be fine. Any thoughts???

Here are two images I found to make a button or name tag...what do you think? The blank one can be customized, of course I have no clue how to do that!!

DIS-001.jpg

HeadLime1.jpg

I would personally pick the plain green, people could just print them out and sharpie their names on them for the meet up.

Found this in the DCL website FAQ

Onboard Services
Question
Is there laundry service?
Answer
Onboard laundry and dry-cleaning services (with stateroom pickup) are available for a charge. There is also a self-service Guest Laundry Room with coin-operated washers and dryers, along with detergent and ironing equipment. For safety reasons, the provided irons or steamers may be used in the laundry room only; personal irons cannot be brought aboard.

So your Mom can relax a little.

Christopher

Just to clarify, the Guest Laundry Rooms are no longer coin-operated. You just swipe your Key to the World card and the cost of the washer/dryer is billed to your onboard account.

And, FYI, you'll have to run the dryer twice to get your clothes dry. :upsidedow

The Guest Laundry rooms are located across from the following cabins:

Thanks Christopher and Deb!

Meaghan... so happy that you will be at the end of the beach, and you know that the DIS Beach Crew will be standing there in our fanciest beach attire wishing you and your now DH the best.....

Can't wait to see the blushing bride, I think I feel a tear already, as I always cry at weddings. :tinker:

:) Thank you! Less than a week now!! :bride:

I would personally pick the plain green, people could just print them out and sharpie their names on them for the meet up.

I had already printed out some name labels and have just done some of the plain green ones - great idea to be easily spotted!

See you Sunday

Thanks, Debbie, for the graphic!

I just finished running the plain Mickey heads through the printer, then ran them through a second time to overlay our names (plus my DIS name) on top of the Mickey heads. :thumbsup2

I tried to upload a photo, but my photobucket account locked up on me :headache: and I'm waiting for a response to my email regarding the problem.

We really want to eat at Rusty's Saturday night after we get in. I've read a number of times on the DIS boards that they take reservations. Perfect. I just called and they only take reservations for really large groups. Ugh.

I guess I should let this roll off my back but it's the first roadblock that I've hit so far. Really not bad considering how close we are now!

We really want to eat at Rusty's Saturday night after we get in. I've read a number of times on the DIS boards that they take reservations. Perfect. I just called and they only take reservations for really large groups. Ugh.

I guess I should let this roll off my back but it's the first roadblock that I've hit so far. Really not bad considering how close we are now!

So sorry you're disappointed. I've always wanted to eat there! If we didn't have hard-to-get reservations at LeCellier, we would drive over and eat with you! :goodvibes Maybe there are others who are staying in the Port Canaveral area Saturday night who'd like to join you??? How large a group do they need for a reservation?

So sorry you're disappointed.

Okay, I just re-read my last post. What a whiner! Sorry. I'm more frustrated by being told no more than I am about not being able to actually make a reservation. It's the first thing that hasn't gone my way as far as planning goes for this trip.

It's kind of like buying a new car and getting that first ding. You really notice that one but the next time it happens you just shrug and move on.

Sorry I whined. It's really not like me to be that much of a baby (well maybe a little). :rolleyes1

Nancy

Okay, I just re-read my last post. What a whiner! Sorry. I'm more frustrated by being told no more than I am about not being able to actually make a reservation. It's the first thing that hasn't gone my way as far as planning goes for this trip.

It's kind of like buying a new car and getting that first ding. You really notice that one but the next time it happens you just shrug and move on.

Sorry I whined. It's really not like me to be that much of a baby (well maybe a little). :rolleyes1

Nancy

No worries! We're all entitled to our feelings. :hug: I just wish I could make it right for you. :flower3: I'm sure they will be super busy Saturday evening since that's when the Fantasy is heading out for her official maiden voyage. So, if you could get a group together for a reservation, that would be perfect! You might want to go ahead and try making a group reservation in the meantime. :thumbsup2

I was much worse last December when I couldn't get into LeCellier despite months of checking for availability. :sad: On our last day, I ended up planting myself at the door early so that I would be there when cms started coming in to work. Through the kindness of a hostess and her manager, we finally did score a table for lunch! :woohoo: You can bet that I made our reservation for this Saturday the moment reservations opened! :)

I was much worse last December when I couldn't get into LeCellier despite months of checking for availability. :sad: On our last day, I ended up planting myself at the door early so that I would be there when cms started coming in to work. Through the kindness of a hostess and her manager, we finally did score a table for lunch! :woohoo: You can bet that I made our reservation for this Saturday the moment reservations opened! :)

Have you eaten there before? It's wondeful. We had one of the latest reservations of the night on our 20th anniversary and ended up with a window table. We were able to view the fireworks from our table. pixiedust: Unbelievable! We spent our honeymoon in Paris so as the (then) non-traveling parents of a 6 year old it was magical. By the time we left Epcot was closed and we walked out of the park alone. It was like we owned it.

Hope you have a great evening.

Have you eaten there before? It's wondeful. We had one of the latest reservations of the night on our 20th anniversary and ended up with a window table. We were able to view the fireworks from our table. pixiedust: Unbelievable! We spent our honeymoon in Paris so as the (then) non-traveling parents of a 6 year old it was magical. By the time we left Epcot was closed and we walked out of the park alone. It was like we owned it.

Hope you have a great evening.

Yup, we've eaten at LeCellier (in the Canadian Pavilion) many times and love :lovestruc it! Their cheese soup and mushroom risotto are amazing! The filet is so tender it can practically be cut with a fork. It's DH's favorite place to eat. :goodvibes It's the only thing keeping us from going to Jetty Park to watch the Fantasy leave.

We also enjoy Mama Melrose's at HS and have lunch reservations there on Saturday, as well. It's going to be a big eating day for us, but it's the only day we'll have in the parks. We're going to start out at HS and ride TSM twice (we're both very competitive), then MK to see the new Fantasyland changes, and then to EPCOT to see The Spinners (at the Flower Power concert at the American Pavilion) and Illuminations. We're making this day special because we both agreed to not go back to WDW until 2014 so that we can save up for the Mediterranean w/Venice cruise that I already booked (and hope we can afford when the time comes!). It will be the first time since 1994 that neither of us will be buying an annual pass. :sad1: (Now it's my turn to whine!)

Yup, we've eaten at LeCellier (in the Canadian Pavilion) many times and love :lovestruc it! Their cheese soup and mushroom risotto are amazing! The filet is so tender it can practically be cut with a fork. It's DH's favorite place to eat. :goodvibes It's the only thing keeping us from going to Jetty Park to watch the Fantasy leave.

We also enjoy Mama Melrose's at HS and have lunch reservations there on Saturday, as well. It's going to be a big eating day for us, but it's the only day we'll have in the parks. We're going to start out at HS and ride TSM twice (we're both very competitive), then MK to see the new Fantasyland changes, and then to EPCOT to see The Spinners (at the Flower Power concert at the American Pavilion) and Illuminations. We're making this day special because we both agreed to not go back to WDW until 2014 so that we can save up for the Mediterranean w/Venice cruise that I already booked (and hope we can afford when the time comes!). It will be the first time since 1994 that neither of us will be buying an annual pass. :sad1: (Now it's my turn to whine!)

Love Le Cellier.....I have it scheduled for Thursday evening after we disembark. Meeting a friend that lives in Kissimmee. BEST STEAK! and don't forget the pretzel bread too!!

Wow I am really frustrated and I think starting to lose it!!
So I came home from work with a plan to find my FE bag from last year. Pretty sure where I thought it was...wasn't there. So now I have torn apart the house and I can't find it anywhere!!!! I found a canvas bag that someone in group made us last year with a graphic of the Dream and our 2011 dates. So then I started thinking...if I could find the right image I could customize and even include DH's name since he wasn't on last years, and then iron it on the back side of that bag...voila' problem solved! So I went to Millipie's 4shared files, found a really good image with 3 beach chairs, did some word art and added our names to the beach chairs, then added Disney Dream to the top of the image and even figured out how to add 2012 and F. E. to the life preserver!!! So now I just have to iron on to the bag! But - still haven't gotten out a suitcase, or cleaned up the guest room, or even begun to pack!
Off to clean up the guest room! I think my parents would like a bed to sleep in on Friday night. Of course, we may be up all night Friday night packing, so I guess they can just sleep in our bed!

No worries! The 19 pillowcases I ordered from the ebay source arrived today! Now I can relax a little.:woohoo:

Wow I am really frustrated and I think starting to lose it!!
So I came home from work with a plan to find my FE bag from last year. Pretty sure where I thought it was...wasn't there. So now I have torn apart the house and I can't find it anywhere!!!! I found a canvas bag that someone in group made us last year with a graphic of the Dream and our 2011 dates. So then I started thinking...if I could find the right image I could customize and even include DH's name since he wasn't on last years, and then iron it on the back side of that bag...voila' problem solved! So I went to Millipie's 4shared files, found a really good image with 3 beach chairs, did some word art and added our names to the beach chairs, then added Disney Dream to the top of the image and even figured out how to add 2012 and F. E. to the life preserver!!! So now I just have to iron on to the bag! But - still haven't gotten out a suitcase, or cleaned up the guest room, or even begun to pack!
Off to clean up the guest room! I think my parents would like a bed to sleep in on Friday night. Of course, we may be up all night Friday night packing, so I guess they can just sleep in our bed!

Deep breaths... deep breaths... close your eyes... imagine laying on the beach at Castaway Cay... hear the ocean waves lapping gently against the short... feel the warm sun on your face... breathe..................... :flower3:

Remember that practically everyone was in a panic right before our cruise last year? It's like Christmas - you know the date - you know there are lots of preparations - but every year it's a mad dash to get everything decorated, wrapped, baked, etc. - only for the cruise it's magnets, FE gifts, and packing. :rotfl:

Somehow, some way, everything will get done. Whatever doesn't... oh well. ;) Just think, in just 4 days we'll be on the DREAM! :woohoo:

Speaking of pillowcases....

momof2disprincesses - a while back you asked if anyone would be willing to turn pillowcases into Guest Services for you and I replied that I would. :) Do you still need/want us to do it? If so, let's set up a time to meet at GS. :thumbsup2

We are going to be there on Saturday night... they may not do reservations but they do call ahead seating.. which is what we are going to try. The Fantasy will be leaving at 5 pm and we want to see it sail away before we get to..
We are meeting some friends there for dinner but would love to meet up..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter