>> April 1, 2012 - Disney Dream Spring Break Frenzy! <<

Hey All

Sorry for the confusion about the FE. Yes I was just posting that if someone had tried to contact a person in their group and had never heard back to let me know. Other than that I haven't heard of any changes other than the PM/post I just saw with ddeal's room change.

I tried to book a cabana on Jan 2 and they were gone. That was the one thing we all really wanted this time. Oh well... If everyone is thinking of getting a group of chairs together we are in! Would be fun to have people to hang out on the beach with and good for the kids too. Can't wait to meet everyone next week.

Long weekend, long day today... Connor is looking much different tonight, he had his head shaved at the St. Baldrick's event in Baltimore in honor of a good family friend who is battling Leukemia. Connor looks awesome! I'll have to post a picture tomorrow when I have time. I am off to bed. After the event we decided to surprise him and take him to see The Hunger Games. We are all exhausted!
Debbie

While we have never stayed at the MCO Hyatt prior to a cruise, we have flown in on embarkation day and taken DLC's bus from MCO to the port (and back) several times. DCL's check-in is the same area as Disney's Magical Express, on Level 1 (ground level) of the B-side of the airport. It's a bit tricky to get there and I'm not sure how exactly how to explain the best way other than to tell you to walk in the general direction of "Gates 30-59" and then follow the signs to ground transportation.

I don't believe you will need everyone there to check in as long as you have everyone's passports and the signed cruise contract pages. I'm not sure what time the counter opens, but I know it's fairly early. Maybe you could scope it out the day you arrive at the Hyatt. :)

We haven't used DCL's transportation since the port opening time changed from 10am to 11am. Buses used to depart MCO sometime between 9:30-9:45, so I imagine now they won't start leaving until around 10:30am. I do know they fill the buses on a first-come/first served basis by handing out bus numbers as people are checked-in.

Are you going to let the Hyatt handle your luggage? You also have the option of taking it down to DCL's check-in desk that morning (as if you had just arrived at MCO that morning). And, a little known option (and what we always do!) is keep all of your luggage with you until you're called to board the bus, whereupon the bus driver will stow it under your bus and then DCL's porters will take it straight into the port building. It's the only way to be 100% sure that your luggage makes it to the port. I am such a worry-wart when it comes to things like that - but with good reason - we had luggage that was lost by the airlines for 5 nights of our 11-night Mediterranean cruise in 2007 AND we watched a porter in Dover put our luggage on a hand cart and then drag that cart over to the buses headed for Heathrow's airport instead of toward the ship for our 2010 12-night Baltic sailing! :eek: That porter knew we were embarking on our cruise that day because he was the one who unloaded our luggage from the towncar we arrived in! After keeping an eye on the cart for about ten minutes, DH couldn't stand it any longer and finally ended up dragging it back to the gates that led to the ship and then turned it over to a different porter. :cool2: Yea DH! :goodvibes

Good luck to you, also, for snagging a cabana. How many does it hold? Maybe there will be one big DIS party in one of them! :cool1:

Won't be long now................. :woohoo:

Thanks Deb T. Food for thought on keeping luggage with us. I read in another thread about a family that didn't get luggage until Nassau because the Hotel didn't pick it up from the room and it had to be flown to meet them, I don't need that headache.

Don't know how many people the cabanas hold but if I get one your invited.

Great picture of Ellen and I love the announcement!!!!! I'm sure that everyone will be jumping for joy in celebrating her special day......:yay:

I just did a search for cabanas and found out that only 6 people can be registered in a cabana and they rent for $499 each. It didn't mention the cabanas on Serenity Bay, but I remember reading at one time that they were a little cheaper.

Here is a link with lots of great info about Castaway Cay! :thumbsup2 I won't be productive the rest of today because now I'm only daydreaming about being back on that gorgeous tropical island! :rotfl2:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/cr-port-castawaycay.cfm

MMDDMD ~ what a fun announcement! So exciting for your DD and everyone else who is going to be a part of her very special day! :goodvibes

:confused:

I'm disappointed that we need to be concerned with security on CC! Not planning on taking much of anything to the beach - snorkels, masks, sunscreen, KTTW cards, toss-away under water camera. Are the cards able to be in the water, does anyone know? That would be my biggest concern when we're snorkeling. Otherwise we'll just toss our little gear in a sling bag when we head to eat. If we find we need a location change (aka new table/chairs,) so be it.

But sitting in a shared group of chairs...now I kind of like that idea! Count us in~ :hippie:

Cannot believe it's MONDAY and we leave from Denver on FRIDAY! And there's good weather all week so there shouldn't be any weather delays on this side. :cloud9:

I'm disappointed that we need to be concerned with security on CC! Not planning on taking much of anything to the beach - snorkels, masks, sunscreen, KTTW cards, toss-away under water camera. Are the cards able to be in the water, does anyone know? That would be my biggest concern when we're snorkeling. Otherwise we'll just toss our little gear in a sling bag when we head to eat. If we find we need a location change (aka new table/chairs,) so be it.

But sitting in a shared group of chairs...now I kind of like that idea! Count us in~ :hippie:

Cannot believe it's MONDAY and we leave from Denver on FRIDAY! And there's good weather all week so there shouldn't be any weather delays on this side. :cloud9:

Please don't let the security issue dampen your trip. It's easy to imagine that everyone who cruises on Disney is just like us... but the truth of the matter is that there are 4,000 different personalities onboard. The vast majority truly are wonderful, but there will always be a few who are more like Grumpy than Happy, or who feel entitled to do whatever they want because they've paid a lot for their vacation. Those are the people who you'll find at Guest Services loudly complaining about every little thing while the rest of us find bits of magic in everything we do. Like I mentioned previously, we've only had one CC incident out of ten visits there, and it wasn't even a major one. Just plan to use the same caution you would when visiting anywhere else in the world. :)

On a funnier note - I thought I'd share that on two different Bahamian cruises, we've had dinner tablemates who were first-time cruisers AND never been to WDW or DL! Can you imagine!?! :rotfl2: Both were retired couples with grown kids who were sailing without their kids or grandkids. One couple didn't even plan to step off the ship at CC! :eek:

When is the group meeting again on Sunday? I know it was posted prior but I can't find the original post about it.
thanks.

-brian

Greetings...me and my 5 year old daughter will be sailing on Sunday's Disney Dream!! WhooHOO!!!

Welcome aboard! I'm really glad you followed my link from the main cruise board! :goodvibes We're a friendly group and are all looking forward to a fabulous cruise! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask! :flower3:

Please don't let the security issue dampen your trip. It's easy to imagine that everyone who cruises on Disney is just like us... but the truth of the matter is that there are 4,000 different personalities onboard. The vast majority truly are wonderful, but there will always be a few who are more like Grumpy than Happy, or who feel entitled to do whatever they want because they've paid a lot for their vacation. Those are the people who you'll find at Guest Services loudly complaining about every little thing while the rest of us find bits of magic in everything we do. Like I mentioned previously, we've only had one CC incident out of ten visits there, and it wasn't even a major one. Just plan to use the same caution you would when visiting anywhere else in the world. :)

On a funnier note - I thought I'd share that on two different Bahamian cruises, we've had dinner tablemates who were first-time cruisers AND never been to WDW or DL! Can you imagine!?! :rotfl2: Both were retired couples with grown kids who were sailing without their kids or grandkids. One couple didn't even plan to step off the ship at CC! :eek:

No worries, really. At this point if something comes up missing I just figure that I don't have to worry about getting it home! LOL Unless it's the camera, of course... :rotfl:

I can imagine going on vacation without my kiddo, but just barely! By the time I save up enough to go on another Disney Cruise, I might just be solo (or a grandma!) Again, lol...

Can't wait to meet you guys!

When is the group meeting again on Sunday? I know it was posted prior but I can't find the original post about it.
thanks.

-brian
We are having our Meet and Greet on Sunday, 3:15-3:45pm, in the Family Zone on Deck 13 Forward (port side). In case of rain (shudder the thought!), we'll meet in the vicinity of the Vista Cafe on Deck 4 (opposite side of the atrium from Shutters). It will be so nice to put faces to names! :grouphug:

I was wondering how everyone would feel about wearing a nametag with your DIS name and real name to the meet? It would make introductions a lot easier. :wave2: Last year, we all made buttons to wear by putting a graphic that one of the DISer's made into one of those buttons you can buy at any craft store like Michael's or AC Moore. We don't have to be that fancy ~ a sticker name tag would be fine. Any thoughts???

No worries, really. At this point if something comes up missing I just figure that I don't have to worry about getting it home! LOL Unless it's the camera, of course... :rotfl:

I can imagine going on vacation without my kiddo, but just barely! By the time I save up enough to go on another Disney Cruise, I might just be solo (or a grandma!) Again, lol...

Can't wait to meet you guys!

Oh my gosh, you made me laugh out loud at your second line above! :rotfl2: I absolutely hate packing to go home, and the thought of having less because items have gone missing is cracking me up!!!! :lmao:

We could never imagine vacationing without our kids, either... until they went ahead and grew up on us. :sad2: We've still managed to lure them into joining us (all expenses paid!) a few times since they've reached adulthood. They have limited vacation time, which is the main reason why they can't always come with us. And, they've all moved anywhere from a 2-hour drive away to all the way across the country. :sad1: But, all of us were on the second of DH's and my B2B spring break cruises last year, including DD's Dfiance at the time. :goodvibes And, we're all flying to DL to celebrate DS's birthday this summer! :woohoo: No grandkids for us yet.... hopefully soon!! ;) Then look out - I'll want to bring them everywhere with us! :lovestruc

I just read this on the main cruise page and thought I'd post the link here in case you missed it. The tips are excellent and I enjoyed the bits of humor that was interjected throughout. :)

One of their tips is to build a sandcastle near your chairs by the water to sort of create a comfortable space around you that no one else will encroach upon. I couldn't help but think of the big group of you who've been talking about sitting together on the family beach... building a giant sand moat around all of you! :rotfl2: Seems to me like the perfect thing to do! :rotfl:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=44431760&posted=1#post44431760

We are having our Meet and Greet on Sunday, 3:15-3:45pm, in the Family Zone on Deck 13 Forward (port side). In case of rain (shudder the thought!), we'll meet in the vicinity of the Vista Cafe on Deck 4 (opposite side of the atrium from Shutters). It will be so nice to put faces to names! :grouphug:

I was wondering how everyone would feel about wearing a nametag with your DIS name and real name to the meet? It would make introductions a lot easier. :wave2: Last year, we all made buttons to wear by putting a graphic that one of the DISer's made into one of those buttons you can buy at any craft store like Michael's or AC Moore. We don't have to be that fancy ~ a sticker name tag would be fine. Any thoughts???

Deb... my DH made us t-shirts to wear for the first day, and you can't miss us as the DISboards logo is on them on the front.. then he is putting something else on the back, not sure what that will be yet.. But I think nametags or buttons are great, maybe with our DISboard tag name under our real name... Wonderful IDEA...

Well there seems to be a consistant theme from a number of us....create our own version of a beach party on Castaway Cay. Not sure what method would work best as I am sure there are early and late risers, and how to get enough chairs for all.

We are early risers and our plan was to getup early for breakfast and hit the beach around 9am.. we really want to get out there and soak up as much of fun and shine as we possibly can. Maybe a good time to grab a group of chairs towards the end of the family beach, as most people are going to hit the first chair they find and drop their stuff. :beach:

Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions and it's a great place to say if you are in and if you are an early bird or are hitting the beach a little later....:boat:

Well there seems to be a consistant theme from a number of us....create our own version of a beach party on Castaway Cay. Not sure what method would work best as I am sure there are early and late risers, and how to get enough chairs for all.

We are early risers and our plan was to getup early for breakfast and hit the beach around 9am.. we really want to get out there and soak up as much of fun and shine as we possibly can. Maybe a good time to grab a group of chairs towards the end of the family beach, as most people are going to hit the first chair they find and drop their stuff. :beach:

Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions and it's a great place to say if you are in and if you are an early bird or are hitting the beach a little later....:boat:

I agree that heading to the farthest beach area is the best strategy. :thumbsup2 Hate to miss the party with you fun bunch of DISers, but generally we spend most of the day at Serenity Bay. However, we will make it a point to stop and visit for a while! :goodvibes

As for saving up a bunch of chairs... that could be a challenge. How fast can you dig a moat? :lmao: I hope there are a bunch of early risers that will join you in setting up the "DIS" area!

I guess we can just bring our sand toys, dig a hole and bury any valuables and hope the sand toys don't get taken:rotfl2:

Wow, lot's of activity on here today!

Relief! Pillow cases and fish extender arrived today and they are beautiful!

Finalizing purchases - pirate shirt, water shoes, food for the dogs... ;)

Not sure how early we'll be out on CC either. Daughter expressed a deep, sincere desire to sleep in on vacation! (WHAT?!?!?) We'll drag chairs over if need be!

When will Friday get here?

Wow, lot's of activity on here today!

Relief! Pillow cases and fish extender arrived today and they are beautiful!

Finalizing purchases - pirate shirt, water shoes, food for the dogs... ;)

Not sure how early we'll be out on CC either. Daughter expressed a deep, sincere desire to sleep in on vacation! (WHAT?!?!?) We'll drag chairs over if need be!

When will Friday get here?

:yay::yay::dance3::thumbsup2
Glad all your stuff arrived!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter