>> April 1, 2012 - Disney Dream Spring Break Frenzy! <<

Thank you Christopher for the schedule. I personally hope to make it to the dance!:cool1:

In the midst of DCL planning, hit our 180 day mark for our September WDW trip! Split stay BLT/BCV. So up at 6 am. The on line system is not working for 180 plus 10 as it doesn't recognize the confirmation numbers, so I then had to wait around until 7 to call. But we got everything we wanted! And now ready for a nap!

Just had a call from Disney dining cancelling our character breakfast at Chef Mickey's. I am absolutely gutted (translation - very upset) - their computer system allowed bookings to be made when it shouldn't have. So our booking won't apply. The strange thing is that they aren't cancelling them automatically, they are calling to see what you want to change them to. Trying to find something else instead : (

Thanks for the info about Nassau beaches Deb.

Hope no one else gets their reservations cancelled.

Just managed to get a dinner booking for the 6th April at Chef Mickey's so all is not lost. Pretty hard to come by though, the only one. No breakfasts available at all.

What a bummer! Are they cancelling all b-fasts at Chef Mickey's or just that day?

When is the best time of day to put FE gifts out to prevent them being taken?

Has anyone visited Atlantis in Nassau in another way rather than on a DCL excursion? We already have one excursion planned for the morning and the times clash to do the DCL one. Is it worth the trip?

Ok, more than a couple of questions! Is there a nice beach at Nassau to visit or do you have to go to a private beach at a hotel? I think the DCL beach excursions will clash with our morning 'Sea and See' tour. Again, is it worth it/worth the $$?

Thanks. Getting excited about how soon the holiday is but still work to go to and a Maths assignment to get finished!

We booked the Comfort Inn which allows you full priviledges at Atlantis. Took a cab there and it was still cheaper than booking it though the cruise ship. We did the aquarium and water park, it was fun. We would have did it again, but it does not allow families of 5 to do this. We are thinking of taking water taxi there...I found info about this at http://www.bahamasgo.com/watertaxi.htm and doing just the aquarium and then taking a cab (approx $4pp) back. Somewhere I saw it mention that on the water taxi it is a bit crowded and you have to wait until it fills up....so be careful to make sure you have enough time to return.

Wishes is currently scheduled for 10pm on April 6th. I checked a couple of websites and there is supposed to be a viewing area located on the north side of the tower just outside the fourth floor. I'm guessing that is the beginning of the walkway (bridge) between the Contemporary and Bay Lake Tower. It was said that the monorail tracks can obscure the view in some places there.

There is another viewing area beside the Top of the World Lounge at DVC's Bay Lake Tower, but I think you have to be a guest of that resort to go up there. I could be wrong, but I think that's what I read recently. I couldn't find anything definitive about it online.

You might try calling the Contemporary sometime after you arrive to ask them about viewing the fireworks. :)

We have viewed from Contemp on that deck before, it is a cement type deck, they do pipe in the sound so you can hear everything from Wishes....the song, etc. It isn't the same as being right there, but it is fine if you don't want to go into the park that night. Or make some friends that are up on a higher level floor and watch from their balcony, lol!

Our (real) friends were staying at BLT right when they opened and they had a bug problem and they relocated them to the top floor of Contemp with a MK view....what a great view!

Since we'll all be sailing real soon, I wanted to pass along an amazing story-in-progress. A local sailor from Annapolis MD is nearing the end of a solo around the Americas sailing. He's 281 days into it, having stopped (at sea) twice for resupplies. Right now, he's a bit north of Barbados and will be around St. Thomas or so when we're in the Caribbean. You can read more about his adventures here.

What a bummer! Are they cancelling all b-fasts at Chef Mickey's or just that day?

Just ones that the system allowed them to make incorrectly. I have no idea how many people were affected. Wouldn't like to be the person that had to make those calls - that's why I didn't give her a hard time, although I was really disappointed.

Just ones that the system allowed them to make incorrectly. I have no idea how many people were affected. Wouldn't like to be the person that had to make those calls - that's why I didn't give her a hard time, although I was really disappointed.

It's pretty quiet around here, you guys must be busy getting ready to WDW!!! I am missing you!! Come back!! :rotfl2:

OMG- it seems list just as you are getting ready for vacation work goes crazy:surfweb: that is how things are for me right now...
I cannot tell you how much my mind is elsewhere.. I am listening to Reedy Creek Radio during the day at work, not like I am always in the Disney mood.

Happy Thursday my friends and in 10 days we will be there.... YEah.

I'm getting really disappointed and quite frankly on the verge of panic. :scared:

I ordered our pillow cases and fish extender from a "reputable" person on EBay in early January, 1/2 and 1/10 to be exact. We've have been in contact off and on and she keeps promising me delivery dates and then keeps having major conflicts crop up. What can I do? I've already paid for them! :confused3

Her latest date is now next Wednesday. We leave Friday. I need some good vibes and last minute ideas on what I can do JUST in case they don't arrive!! Thoughts? I don't want this to ruin our trip but it's not going to help me any!! :sad:

I'm getting really disappointed and quite frankly on the verge of panic. :scared:

I ordered our pillow cases and fish extender from a "reputable" person on EBay in early January, 1/2 and 1/10 to be exact. We've have been in contact off and on and she keeps promising me delivery dates and then keeps having major conflicts crop up. What can I do? I've already paid for them! :confused3

Her latest date is now next Wednesday. We leave Friday. I need some good vibes and last minute ideas on what I can do JUST in case they don't arrive!! Thoughts? I don't want this to ruin our trip but it's not going to help me any!! :sad:

Oh my. That's really crazy!! Could you contact eBay to cancel your order and get your money refunded?

Okay - so.... options just in case...

A tote bag in place of a "real" FE:
I have a gorgeous "real" FE that was a very special gift from another DISer that we used last year for the very first time. But, to be truthful, I actually still prefer using a medium size tote bag. The real FEs only hold a couple of items at a time, whereas a tote bag will easily hold several deliveries. Also, everyone else can see what's in the FE pockets, but all your treasures are well hidden inside a tote bag. I picked up our original FE from Michael's craft store - it was a plain burlap-type bag - and then traced a Mickey head outline on the front with a black Sharpie marker, then colored it in with a lime green highlighter! :) Our current tote bag FE was ordered from Vista Print, with our names printed above a tropical beach graphic and all four Disney ship names printed below. I only zip tie one handle to the fish/seahorse/starfish so that the bag can be easily opened for deliveries.

Pillowcases:
You could bring plain white pillowcases for signatures and then have them personalized after our cruise. :)

Does that help maybe just a little bit? :hug:

Shelli ~ I just sent you a private message... :hug:

Sent you a PM, so check your messages. :flower3:

Deb T.

Can you please send me a photo of your FE "tote bag"? :worship:
I've been so busy at work this week that I have not had a chance to work on my FE. I'm thinking that a tote bag may be the way to go since we cruise shortly.

Thanks!

Debbie

Deb T.

Can you please send me a photo of your FE "tote bag"? :worship:
I've been so busy at work this week that I have not had a chance to work on my FE. I'm thinking that a tote bag may be the way to go since we cruise shortly.

Thanks!

Debbie

I have a tote bag FE. Got a canvas bag from Michaels, got an image personalized from the DISign thread and ironed it on...Voila! I zip tied the handles to the fish and it was good to go. I have run out of time and never got a new graphic. So I am reusing my bag - it will not have my husbands name on it and I think it's dated 2011, but oh well!!
Debbie

Shelly I am angry for your. Two months is unacceptable wait time, what did the eBay posting say for delivery? Sending good vibes!

I have not packed yet, but did mail FE gifts and some other stuff to the ship yesterday. And i printed out my WDW ultimate packing list! Our biggest concern is Spirit Airlines and their 40 lb weight limit on suitcases. Also you have to pay for carry ons but person items are free, so we have to find the biggest bag to fit the dimensions. That appears to be a dvc tote bag!

Shelly I am angry for your. Two months is unacceptable wait time, what did the eBay posting say for delivery? Sending good vibes!

I have not packed yet, but did mail FE gifts and some other stuff to the ship yesterday. And i printed out my WDW ultimate packing list! Our biggest concern is Spirit Airlines and their 40 lb weight limit on suitcases. Also you have to pay for carry ons but person items are free, so we have to find the biggest bag to fit the dimensions. That appears to be a dvc tote bag!

Good luck witih the packing; that will begin in earnest for us this weekend. Be very careful with the weight of your suitcase, and don't use an oversized suitcase! We have a trio of Samsonite suitcases we bought about nine years ago, but we can no longer use the biggest one for air travel. Airtran dinged us on it for its overall size, and charged us an outrageous fee. Not coincidentally, it was the last time we flew on Airtran.

Has anyone brought their own wine onboard before? I see that it can be brought aboard in your carry on bags, but just not in a hard-sided cooler. However, the restaurants will charge a $20 corking fee. Makes me wonder if it's just easier to buy the wine onboard.

My brother-in-law is a wine connoisseur and has a variety of wines that he's thinking about bringing along. I haven't brought them aboard before so I have no firsthand experience to offer to hi8m.

Good luck witih the packing; that will begin in earnest for us this weekend. Be very careful with the weight of your suitcase, and don't use an oversized suitcase! We have a trio of Samsonite suitcases we bought about nine years ago, but we can no longer use the biggest one for air travel. Airtran dinged us on it for its overall size, and charged us an outrageous fee. Not coincidentally, it was the last time we flew on Airtran.

OMG! Airtran did the same to us a few years ago and it was the last time we flew with them too. It was really bad. We had just used the suitcase to fly to Hawaii with and then we use it on Airtran and we had to pay a big fee. On the way back - guess what, no fee! I wrote a letter to Airtran but of course never heard anything...

Debbie

Wow I can't believe this is the last weekend before we all leave. I have so much to do and so much stuff swimming in my head, not sure I'll make it through next week. Why is it always that way - you wait and wait and wait and then before you know it's here!

I really need to begin the packing procedure but fear it will not even begin till next Thursday. I also have my FE gifts to finish. My parents are spending the night next Friday and the guest room is a disaster area, so that needs to be cleaned. I still have to finish the onboard check in because when I did it in January I didn't have my husbands passport so I just checked ID to get around it...now I have to go back and change to passport. Of course, I keep asking for the passport and he keeps forgetting to get it out... Laundry, laundry, laundry... AND my oil needs to be changed in my car. How will I get it all done?? Connor has competition team practice tonight; Endurance Day tomorrow that I want to stay for, to cheer and motivate; and we are going to the St. Baldricks event on Sunday for the head shaving. I think I need to make a list!!
I'm going to stop typing now before I get really stressed...
Happy Friday everyone!
Debbie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter