>> April 1, 2012 - Disney Dream Spring Break Frenzy! <<

It was a good weekend for the Spartans in basketball! My brackets, on the other hand are not looking so good. I don't care much as I can't pick against my Spartans and have them winning it all. We hope to be cheering them on in the championship. My DH and I were in Vegas in 2010 when they were last in the championship game.

I am pondering moving our dining to late dining from early. Should I do that now by calling orjist take a chance on embarkation day?

If I were you, I'd try to move your dining now by calling them (or your travel agent, if you used one) ASAP. :thumbsup2 If they can change it now, it would save you the time and hassle of trying to change it onboard. If they can't change it now, then you would know that you'll need to try to be one of the first in line to get it changed onboard. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!! :flower3:

Thanks! Let me know your info too so we can give you goodies too!! :yay:

Check your private messages. I just sent you our names and ages, though I just realized that won't help much (plus it's already in my signature). You'd probably like our cabin number, huh? That might be helpful!! :rotfl: We're in cabin 6156. If you could send me your info, too, I'd appreciate it!

Erin :)

When is the best time of day to put FE gifts out to prevent them being taken?

Has anyone visited Atlantis in Nassau in another way rather than on a DCL excursion? We already have one excursion planned for the morning and the times clash to do the DCL one. Is it worth the trip?

Ok, more than a couple of questions! Is there a nice beach at Nassau to visit or do you have to go to a private beach at a hotel? I think the DCL beach excursions will clash with our morning 'Sea and See' tour. Again, is it worth it/worth the $$?

Thanks. Getting excited about how soon the holiday is but still work to go to and a Maths assignment to get finished!

Has anyone visited Atlantis in Nassau in another way rather than on a DCL excursion? We already have one excursion planned for the morning and the times clash to do the DCL one. Is it worth the trip?

Ok, more than a couple of questions! Is there a nice beach at Nassau to visit or do you have to go to a private beach at a hotel? I think the DCL beach excursions will clash with our morning 'Sea and See' tour. Again, is it worth it/worth the $$?

Thanks. Getting excited about how soon the holiday is but still work to go to and a Maths assignment to get finished!

I've been to Atlantis, it was a few years ago though. I would say it's definitely not worth the money DCL charges. When I went we managed to get in for free and it was ok. The aquariums are nice, but you really can't do much there without a hotel wristband.

I'd say that anytime during the day is fine. It's during the night that there seems to be the most problems. Hopefully no one will have any issues on this sailing. :)

Is there a nice beach at Nassau to visit or do you have to go to a private beach at a hotel? I think the DCL beach excursions will clash with our morning 'Sea and See' tour. Again, is it worth it/worth the $$?

We've never ventured to a beach on Nassau, but I found this information from another post on the main cruise page regarding beaches:
Cabbage Beach near Atlantis on Paradise Island is a free beach - the more scenic way to get there is water taxi. It was either $3pp round trip or $3 a person one-way. It's very cramped on the water taxi, but water taxi and land taxi are both an "experience." With the water taxi you get a breeze and a nice narration from a local about the popular sights and celebrity houses. After you dock near Atlantis, keep walking past Atlantis to a dirt road/path next to the Riu. It's a very nice area, so don't be shy about asking for directions (we've tried to cut through Atlantis a couple of times and they always make us go back outside to the sidewalk). The beach is very beautiful, although beware of the strong waves! There are several other free beaches in the area - a small one west through town (you can see the lighthouse from it, not sure what that one is called) the water is pretty but I wouldn't recommend not wearing shoes there. Their bathrooms look in disrepair as well. There's also Cable Beach, and I hear good things about that, but the taxi is much more expensive to get to that one. It's very possible to get back for lunch if you get off the boat as soon as you are allowed off.

Hope this helps! :goodvibes

Just had a call from Disney dining cancelling our character breakfast at Chef Mickey's. I am absolutely gutted (translation - very upset) - their computer system allowed bookings to be made when it shouldn't have. So our booking won't apply. The strange thing is that they aren't cancelling them automatically, they are calling to see what you want to change them to. Trying to find something else instead : (

Thanks for the info about Nassau beaches Deb.

Hope no one else gets their reservations cancelled.

Just managed to get a dinner booking for the 6th April at Chef Mickey's so all is not lost. Pretty hard to come by though, the only one. No breakfasts available at all.

As we will be at the Contemporary resort for dinner at 8:25, will we be able to see the Wishes fireworks from there or from another nearby hotel?

Thanks

Just had a call from Disney dining cancelling our character breakfast at Chef Mickey's. I am absolutely gutted (translation - very upset) - their computer system allowed bookings to be made when it shouldn't have. So our booking won't apply. The strange thing is that they aren't cancelling them automatically, they are calling to see what you want to change them to. Trying to find something else instead : (

Just managed to get a dinner booking for the 6th April at Chef Mickey's so all is not lost. Pretty hard to come by though, the only one. No breakfasts available at all.

Wow - I am so sorry about WDW cancelling your Chef Mickey's character breakfast! I can understand why you are disappointed. :guilty: At least you were able to snag a dinner reservation, and the same characters will be there. :flower3:

Another thought... are you staying near the Contemporary? If you arrive at Chef Mickey's right before it opens, plead your case, and if there has been a last-minute cancellation, maybe you can still get in? It might be worth a try as long as it's not too far out of your way and you have a back-up plan in case it doesn't work. (DH's back-up plan would be one of the giant cinnamon rolls from the MK bakery on Main Street! :rotfl2:) The other thing you can do is keep checking to see if there's been a cancellation between now and your trip. Are you able to access http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/reservations/dining/ to check for availability? Good luck... and here's an extra dose of pixie dust pixiedust: from me to you that everything works out well for you and your family. :hug:

I have thought and rethought the issue about taking bottled water onboard. LOL Is there a convenience-type store or something right near the port to purchase such things? Or a liquor store?

Thanks!!

As we will be at the Contemporary resort for dinner at 8:25, will we be able to see the Wishes fireworks from there or from another nearby hotel?

Thanks

Wishes is currently scheduled for 10pm on April 6th. I checked a couple of websites and there is supposed to be a viewing area located on the north side of the tower just outside the fourth floor. I'm guessing that is the beginning of the walkway (bridge) between the Contemporary and Bay Lake Tower. It was said that the monorail tracks can obscure the view in some places there.

There is another viewing area beside the Top of the World Lounge at DVC's Bay Lake Tower, but I think you have to be a guest of that resort to go up there. I could be wrong, but I think that's what I read recently. I couldn't find anything definitive about it online.

You might try calling the Contemporary sometime after you arrive to ask them about viewing the fireworks. :)

This would be very disappointing to say the least! I'm really sorry...

:mad:

I have thought and rethought the issue about taking bottled water onboard. LOL Is there a convenience-type store or something right near the port to purchase such things? Or a liquor store?

Thanks!!

I know what you mean!!! We go 'round and 'round with this issue, too! The only time we find that we need bottled water is while on excursions and on Castaway Cay, though, so it's not worth it to us to buy a pack of water bottles. There isn't any kind of convenience store within walking distance of the ship. What we've done on our last few cruises is throw two empty water bottles in my carry-on (we only travel with carry-ons), put them in a bin at security so there is no issue with them, and then keep refilling them at the 24-hour drink station (they have filtered water that tastes fine). Cheap and easy! :)

I know what you mean!!! We go 'round and 'round with this issue, too! The only time we find that we need bottled water is while on excursions and on Castaway Cay, though, so it's not worth it to us to buy a pack of water bottles. There isn't any kind of convenience store within walking distance of the ship. What we've done on our last few cruises is throw two empty water bottles in my carry-on (we only travel with carry-ons), put them in a bin at security so there is no issue with them, and then keep refilling them at the 24-hour drink station (they have filtered water that tastes fine). Cheap and easy! :)

That's a relief! I've been reading conflicting info on the taste of the water and as such DD has already packed away flavored packets. LOL As we're already getting DCL water bottles, maybe I'll just NOT worry about it. We'll pack some extra empties for the Cay, tho. :)

You always have good tips. THANK YOU!!! :hippie:

Here is a proposed gathering schedule. All welcome to any or all gatherings. No RSVP required. Let me know what you think. Christopher

Sunday April 1

07 45 PM Bon Voyage Deck 3, Midship
10 45 PM Skyline Deck 4, Aft

Monday April 2 NCAA Championship (assumed will be shown in 687)

07 45 PM District Lounge Deck 4, Aft
10 45 PM Pink Deck 4 Aft

Tuesday April 3 Pirate Night Activities on Decks 11 & 12

08 15 PM Cove Café Deck 11, Forward
11 00 PM Meridian Deck 12, Aft

Wednesday April 4

10 45 PM 687 Deck 4, Aft

Activities/dancing in Evolution Deck 4, Aft each night are an option following the evening gatherings.

I understand your frustration! Ours got cancelled for Easter Day. DF had a surprise behind-the-scenes tour scheduled for us and got a call last month that the system had accidentally allowed the CMs to book that day even though it was closed. :( Fortunately, Disney gave us the $ back and a free tour (with purchase of park tickets) for a later date. :woohoo:

This is what we do. I have a nice insulated water bottle that has kept water cold for 6 hours on beach days during a cruise. We'll have that and a couple others and just fill them on the ship and at lunch on Castaway, I've not noticed bad taste with the water on the ship, but I'm not that picky...:confused3. Comes in handy to carry around tea or lemonade or whatever, too.

This is what we do. I have a nice insulated water bottle that has kept water cold for 6 hours on beach days during a cruise. We'll have that and a couple others and just fill them on the ship and at lunch on Castaway, I've not noticed bad taste with the water on the ship, but I'm not that picky...:confused3. Comes in handy to carry around tea or lemonade or whatever, too.

We found plastic drinking bags at Macy's, saw them again at Target.. they will lay flat in our luggage and we can fill them at the beverage station and take them with us. We thought about other water bottles, but thought it might be tough to keep with us at the beach. :beach:

Here is a proposed gathering schedule. All welcome to any or all gatherings. No RSVP required. Let me know what you think. Christopher

Sunday April 1

10 45 PM Pink Deck 4 Aft

Wednesday April 4

10 45 PM 687 Deck 4, Aft

Activities/dancing in Evolution Deck 4, Aft each night are an option following the evening gatherings.

Christopher- Looks good! I don't know that I can stay up late enough for the second club (DF and I don't drink much either) but I can't wait to meet up and hang out!

Sunday April 1

10 45 PM Pink Deck 4 Aft

Wednesday April 4

10 45 PM 687 Deck 4, Aft

:eek: Oh No! There is dancing...in Evolutions! :sad2: :scared1: :scared1:
DH keeps telling me that if there is dancing we are going and I have to dance with him! :sick: :sad1: I told him I didn't remember seeing any dancing place when we were there last year. Great (sarcastic)! :scared:

For those of you who follow Lou Mongello or enjoy his products - weekly podcast, park audio guides, trivia books, Celebrations magazine - I wanted to let you know he'll be having a meet up at Downtown Disney on Saturday, March 31st, right before our cruise. I hope to be there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter